who is psyched for the patch?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Jun 8, 2017.

1. CommodoreKeen

Not to thrilled about these new implants, they are childish fantasy-stuff. Boni for killing is something i expect from super-mario-games.

Tengu = new playtoy. OP at release, it will get nerfed soon. Buy it now!!

Magrider-Nerf is an insult.

Biodome-opaqueness? It was the figurehead of planetside, showcased in every advertisment. Just put it underground now.
    • Up x 3
  2. BrbImAFK

No it's not.

Pre-patch Esamir : Libs can be pulled from any air base regardless of Techplant ownership. MBT's could be pulled from the warpgate and specific bases IF you held the Techplant and only from the warpgate if you didn't.

Post-patch Esamir : Libs can be pulled from any airbase IF you hold the Techplant, and only from the WG if you don't. MBT's can be pulled from the WG and ANY base IF you hold the techplant and ONLY from the WG if you don't.

Tell me again how this isn't a massive nerf to whichever two factions don't hold the Techplant.....
    • Up x 2
  3. Demigan

I think it's a great patch.

Also, RNG on the uncommon and rare implants is made more favorable and no one seems to notice? As well as the removal of the standard two implants from having a drop chance? Not a single hurrah anywhere? You bunch of hypocritical wankers. Complaining about those things all the time and when it's changed no one even dares speak up?

I'm going to be loving the Tengu I think. From my tests in the PTS it's not wildly OP, but it's going to be pretty good nonetheless. All I'm wondering now is when the NSX BR and NSX Shotgun will arrive.

The things I don't like is the Aerial combattant implant and Combat Surgeon. With the exception of the occasional Drifter you don't do combat in the air, at least not in capacities that you need more fuel during a multi-enemy battle. And while Medics will have some more uses for their AOE heal the most gain can be had out of reviving people rather than healing.

As for the continental bonuses: Good. Remove them all for all I care. The game should never have been about gaining a continental bonus anyway. The act of locking a continent should be where the fun is at, not having multiple continents locked. You could perhaps have some kind of overarching metagame where locking a continent will mean that the next continent that unlocks is one that isn't owned by your faction yet, allowing your faction to lock all continents and then have that as some kind of win condition. Maybe give a chunk of XP or a 1-hour XP boost to all players who helped in the period that your faction won all continents.
    We've already seen how continental bonuses get the worst out in and for people. Players who hated Hossin, and that's a lot of players, still playing there for the XP continental bonus or the MAX continental bonus that Hossin used to have. You shouldn't play somewhere you don't like just because the bonus is alluring, you should play somewhere you like and enjoy it regardless of the reward on the other end.

And lastly the complaints that the Magrider is losing it's ability. No it's not. The Magrider is still going to be much better at hillclimbing, and it's actual mobility has always been in it's stable moving&firing across rough terrain and it's ability to strafe. The other tanks will just get their mobility upgraded to a point where players don't feel annoyed at the slightest hill making them slide down and the like.
    • Up x 2
  4. Tankalishious

^^ plz... I have gotten prowler, lightning and vanguard to some pretty sick mountains pre patch.
    You are probably the last person one should listen to regarding the magrider. Last I saw you posted your what, 1or 2 hours in it, and therefore knew everything about it. Lulz....

Also, stop talking out of your ***. It's not claimed magriders loose their advantage or ability. It's claimed the advantage mag had over the others will be reduced by quite a bit.
  5. Eternaloptimist

Thanks for that. Stuff I didn't know about how the old motion spotters worked either!
  6. Demigan

Ahw, and ofcourse you have to be a ****twad about it.

Now what you seem to be missing is that when I don't just use my experience. The whole stuff about the Magrider for instance I backed up with this thing called "statistics" and "facts". But ofcourse you prefer to be screaming your head off an using only your own experience because... Why exactly?

Oh and the "I have gotten a Prowler/Lightning/Vanguard on mountains" is also a terrible argument, which in fact completely negates the whole "but you have less experience than me" mantra you've just thrown at me.

Hey guys! I have several kills with a TR launcher as NC, so causing enemies to suicide with the TR launcher just after I hit them is a valid strategy now!
    Hey guys! I've killed aircraft with a Commissioner! Including a Liberator! So the Commissioner is now valid G2A!
    Seriously the kind of crap I get thrown at me is disgusting.
    The point of most of these discussions is to discern which one is better. The Magrider is obviously better at strafing and hillclimbing. The fact that the other vehicles can do it too doesn't matter because the effort required is much much higher.
    Also I dare say I have more experience with the new vehicle climbing capabilities than you, so where do you come off with the illusion that you think you know how much the Magrider mobility is going to be indirectly nerfed eh? (see how easy it is to be an elitist ****twad?)
    • Up x 1
  7. DarkStarAnubis

I tend to like your posts but sometimes the level of fanboism is simply too much...

To pay over and over (either with cash or certs) for implants which with a 100% probability you already have it is a pure rip-off.

Should I say hurrah because DBG is no longer ripping me off? Really? It is like to cheer because nobody has kicked me in the teeth today... Yeah, it is good but it is hardly something to celebrate, because it should not happen in the first place, right?
    • Up x 2
  8. Demigan

Should you cheer when a bug is fixed?
    Yes.
    A bug is unintentional, but any improvement to the game should be applauded. And with "hurrah" I mean "just awknowledge that the change was made". You don't have to go lovy dovy on them.
    • Up x 1
  9. Jamuro

• Infravision - Provides you with permanent infrared vision.
    oO
    Wait what?
    Please tell me the range on those is absolutly garbage (like less than 100m), or well we just got thermals for lolpods back
  10. Campagne

Yeah, sure the odds ticked up a percent or two in the player's favour, but now they've added another eight or so implants (minus the two free ones) to potentially draw instead. And if one wants one specific implant and hasn't gotten it yet, the odds have just dropped further.

To add insult to injury, one cannot even get tier two implants out of the packs now. This just increases costs and reduces ISO-4 gain.

So no, unsurprisingly DBG has only fortified their paywall and have done next to nothing for the playerbase. At the very least I can crawl around at mach 5 with Catlike and not be detected. :rolleyes:
  11. Demigan

125m but constantly on. So the environment is much less visible at all times.

Correctional edit: The environment is pretty clear up to 125m. After than you are essentially blind to everything around you.
  12. Anantidaephobia

More cloaked foes. Cloakers going completely invisible. Shotgun for cloakers.
    As if snipers didn't ruin this game (and most other FPSs) enough, now this ...
    • Up x 1
  13. Pikachu

Looks like they turned Hossin into an Earth like place as well. I wonder if Esamir is next.
  14. Jamuro

Ah ok that works, i was a bit afraid that they removed the fade to black part.
    Well still probably amazing for any bellygunner but at least not thermals 2.0
  15. AllRoundGoodGuy

Pretty sure the Infra-vision does not work in vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  16. BrbImAFK

I just want to point out that in terms of stable firing platform, the CAI is introducing stable firing for ALL vehicles (or, at least all the ones I played around with). As for "strafing being awesome" or whatever I'll remind you that, under 150m (or was it 200m?) strafing is absolutely useless for dodging anything. Guess which tank has the shortest effective range..... that's right. The Magrider.

Now, I'm not going to claim that the magrider is totally UP, or that the other two tanks are better, or that multiple patches are nerfing the magrider because I simply don't tank enough to make those sorts of statements. But I sure as hell CAN say that it LOOKS like the magrider's getting bunches of undeserved nerfs present and future.
  17. Deffington

Vanguard is slower. Prowler is faster than Maggie, like 3km/h. But it can't fly over obstacles. Also, it's ability is anti-mobility.
  18. LordKrelas

Means you see in the dark, and have thermal vision.
    Doesn't work in Vehicles.
    Not sure on the range at all - but it works for whatever weapon is in your hands, and isn't ADS dependent.
    I only tested it on PTS.
  19. Pat22

Because getting a lib from the warpgate to a front line takes less than a minute and they aren't as important to large battles as MBTs.
    • Up x 1
  20. Pat22

Vanguard has a higher top speed than the Magrider, and only if both have full racer are they even.