What's the best class and loadout for poor reflexes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Weylin, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Weylin

If MAX wasn't so dang expensive, I'd use one at all times, even if the weapons were only 25% as effective as standard infantry rifles.

I just like the tankiness, it allows you to make aggressive pushes against the enemy assuming you have backup, or to better hold a defensive line, if for no other reason than you're a big high priority target that doesn't evaporate in less than one second from a single burst of rifle fire.

I prefer prolonged combat, not this run to front/flank, get spotted, die, repeat until salt reaches critical mass.
    Just something that can take some hits so I can experience more action and less death screens.

And if you decide that "Maybe this game isn't for you? We shouldn't have to dumb the game down because you suck" Then I ask you to recommend a game to me that fits this criteria and I'll see myself out :)
  2. Kristan

When I feel like I don't want to bother much I pick Heavy Assault. Shield provides additional survivability, sometimes allowing to turn around and kill the opponent even while being ambushed.

Or you might go as pacifist and run as medic, reviving and healing everyone, sometimes brings more certs than killing. Also helps friendlies to stay together and keep pushing as group. Self healing abilities also provides survivability.
  3. DeadAlive99

You can keep a max alive for a long time if you play it safe, certainly long enough to earn another 450n. Just play safer, smarter, and don't solo unless you're doing it from a spawn room or using bursters on the roof.

Max is awesome, and it is expensive to lose one, that's why I usually run emergency repair and nanite repair. I have them both maxed out and it helps a ton. Otherwise, HA is the next toughest class with a maxed shield and repair kits and regen implant if you have it.
  4. blackboemmel

i think you don't need good reflexes to FLY in PS2. :eek:
  5. Demigan

How about infiltrators? You get more time and are more often the flanker instead of the flankee, meaning less need for reflexes.
    It does require some more situational awareness skill than most playstyles, but that's the beauty of it: you can compensate reflex speed with SA so you are less likely to need it. I'm an older player and suffered hard when my reflexes moved away from the lightningfast buttery smooth stuff I had around 16 to 20. But SA has easily compensated it and propelled me to higher skill levels.

That said. A HA in the middle of allies is a good way to reduce required reflexes. Its a relatively low-skill method for compensating reflex speed and the overshield adds some nice extra time to react as well.
  6. JobiWan

You could try dedicated Sunderer driver or tank in a Lightning.
    • Up x 2
  7. Liewec123

if you're VS then i find Lasher to be a really fun weapon to use,
    i often have a drink when i play, and towards the end of the night when i'm beyond the tactical careful aiming phase
    it amazes me how well i can still do without aiming! all thanks to one awesome gun, the lasher! aiming be damned!
    aim in their general direction, spam lazer globs and ADAD like a crab on a hotplate! :D
    • Up x 1
  8. Daigons

Which version of the game are you playing? The PC or Console?
    • Up x 1
  9. LaughingDead

I'll be frank, if you want to infantry, you pick heavy, you get better with aiming, but as far as a best goes, there really isn't any. It is generally be the ganker or the gankee, personally if you want to be ganked less often I prefer light assault to keep above the septic tank that is heavies smashing their LMGs against each other.

Otherwise you choose vehicles for tactical skill over pure ADspam with crouch seizures..."skill". Generally when it comes to vehicles, you have to play as a team, be far more aware of the hex's resources and know what you can and can't fight, it doesn't require twitch aim (most of the time) and lets you have more prolonged engagements.
    • Up x 1
  10. HAXTIME

VS Heavy Assault.

(salt incoming, lol)
  11. Hegeteus

With stalker cloak you'll get the jump on enemy most of the time, but I'm not really sure if it's lenient on reflexes either...
  12. FateJH

I think settling on the "poor reflexes" thing as a fixed issue is going to be a thorn no matter which direction you go. Even the most indirect of combat you can do - the sniper Infiltrator - will need his reflexes to recognize and accommodate target opportunities.
  13. DeadlyOmen

Sounds like you're suited to a support class.
  14. Cinnamon

Any class that lets you shoot first and makes them react to you. If you like prolonged combat then find places to camp, like work a corner or get up on a roof or tree. Sometimes with light assault you can sit up in a tree in a busy fight and people don't even spot you. For example. If you stay mobile on a roof then you might not get hit just because you are breaking line of sight often without having to react to shots. At night then you can do a lot with an infiltrator with an smg. The cloak is a lot harder for people to track at night.

Loadouts would include medkits and shield capacitor. For heavy the resist shield lets you tank a lot of damage, is normally hard to fully drain, and you can activate it before firing instead of reacting to fire.
  15. Eternaloptimist

I usually fail due to slower reflexes in close combat so, regardless of class I like to fight at medium range when I can. That usually means choosing a weapon that works well at such range e.g. a BR for heavy, or some of the NC LMGs, burst carbines or burst ARs or sniper rifles (the SASRs are pretty neat nowadays).

So basically, class can be less important than managing the range at which you fight I guess (and taking the rgiht gun).

Otherwise, spray and pray weaopns have helped me to make up for poorer reflexes in CQC - high rates of fire can dish out a fair bit of damage quickly and you can hose an area. An auto shotgun will do much the same but I hesitate to recommend shottys nowadays as such limited range and less effective at hipfire now.
  16. Kcalehc

HE Lockdown Prowler up on a hill away from any direct confrontation, but near enough to shell a base under attack. Get lots of kills, and you'll regen enough nanites to pull a tank again in less time than it usually takes some salty C4 fairy to come blow you up.
  17. idlemarcus

You need to be an infiltrator. Cloaking and recon devices lets you pick and initiate your fights. If you go with the stalker cloak, get a blackhand or the crossbow. Both of these allow for 2 shot kills, the crossbow to the body and the blackhand to the head, both at somewhat far ranges. I you go with the other cloaks, stick to bolt action sniper rifles, the 1-4x scoped rifle for shorter ranges and the one with the fastest velocity for farther ranges, and with either, go for headshots.
    • Up x 1
  18. Moz

Heavy Assault all day long.
  19. Anantidaephobia

Any NC combination will do ! Come join us !!! :cool:
  20. saronyogg

Heavy Assault if u want to survive a few extra seconds or minutes
    Eng/medic if u dont want to shoot a lot but want to help
    infiltrator with SMG or pistol if u like to troll
    Tank if u are a good driver