Sigh

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ObsidianSoul, Jun 4, 2017.

1. ObsidianSoul

[IMG]

This isn't the first time. Not even the second. This is the fifth time in 3 weeks I've seen a base like this. Noclip owners. Built under terrain or within rocks. Sometimes invincible and infinitely supplied silos. And this is in the most populated of all the servers - Connery.

What is happening with this game?!
  2. velie12

3. HAXTIME

I have no idea what I'm looking at.
    • Up x 3
  4. Demigan

A base, build inside the boundary where after 10 sec you die, build so that its near impossible to get a good shot at the HIVE or silo even if you get the shield down.
  5. ObsidianSoul

Your forum name. That's what's happening.

Not anymore anyway. Not surprised given what's happening now. I think it's time for another long break for me from this game.
    • Up x 1
  6. breeje

yep, DBG needs to get there act together and run this game with some extra effort
    cheaters all over the place and BE is clearly not working
    yesterday i was killed by a guy with a KDR 36.8 BR 80+, never seen this before in the 4 years i play this game
    i did not even report him, why should i ? there is nothing DBG can or will do
    all i know is, if DBG can't do something about it the game will slowly die out
  7. Demigan

Sigh.
    BE doesnt ban people. It scans peoples pc and signals who has a high chance of being a cheat to DBG. They then check it and try to verify. If correct: banned. If not, not banned. While the short-term benefits are low, in the long run its far more effective.
  8. DeadlyOmen

This could be cured by in-game mods.
    • Up x 3
  9. velie12

Just get back to Cobalt, Cobalt has more pop during primetime than Connery. Alternatively you could also go to Emerald, but Emerald has a later primetime.
  10. breeje

i know this, but why are they not fixing the backdoor that alow those cheaters in
    once a cheat is out actions need to be taken to stop the others who run the same cheat
    you can't tell me these are all different hacks, if they are something has gone completely wrong with there anti cheat software
  11. Demigan

They are doing that arent they? The suïcide cheat seems gone, as are the stream of daily complaints about other cheats during the latest cheat wave are gone. BE might not be the super-fast, but it makes sure enough info is gathered and cheaters are kept in the dark enough to render that particular cheat mostly harmless.

I've seen plenty of games with mod-action. Cheaters are banned much more quickly, but return just as quickly. And cheats can take months if not years before they are gone and forgotten. As strange as it may sound, but PS2 has been one of the better games to deal with cheats than other games where you find the same cheat from a year or two ago still functioning.
    • Up x 3
  12. saronyogg

Stuff like this:
    - Makes you wonder if the developers and producers are professionals or just like donald trump (from now on, this expresion will be used as an insult, way worse than " i ****** ur sister and mom" )
    - Make you think that the builders of this bases are developers of the game that have no soul for other game mates
  13. saronyogg

This answer is an example of fake news
  14. Demigan

Yes, your answer is a perfect example of itself. You try to act like something is negative so that your audience feels compelled to believe you. Since time immemorial propaganda has used this, and similar to you it then completely fails to add constructive arguments or facts because with those your audience can figure out you are full of it.
    • Up x 7
  15. breeje

yes you're wright, i must be frustrated cause of the increase of hacks i have seen the last weeks
    • Up x 1
  16. ObsidianSoul

The point is that these are bases. It's not aimbot or invincibility hacks where it is usually very hard to prove they're hacking (and I've misreported plenty of people before).

These are VISIBLE hacks that everyone can see, hacks that stay on the map for hours. Hacks where you can clearly see WHO is doing it (the base owner can be seen by everyone). And yet they persist.

My first encounter with this was when I came back 3 weeks ago. In between Quartz and Indar Comm Array during the height of an alert in prime time. A TR base was built within the rocks. The only thing outside was a silo and a wall. Everything else was inside the rocks, including several turrets. The turrets were killing everything. Two Vanu platoons tried to take it out for 20 minutes before finally giving up. You can't hit the turrets, but they can hit you. And the silo that is outside is invincible and permanently full, despite there being no ants. Nothing was done at all. Hundreds of people witnessed that. Including the people who spawned inside the TR base (also within the rocks). But was it taken down? Nope.

I think we won that alert anyway, but these bases affect the gameplay massively. They stop entire platoons in their tracks AND they generate VP. Even more so now that orbital strikes are back.

My work schedule changed for a bit, so I usually can't make it anymore for Cobalt prime time. :(
  17. RadarX

Appreciate you pointing this out. There are certainly a few geometry exploits folks use and we do take action against people's accounts for things like this.
    • Up x 7
  18. OgreMarkX

DBG is killing Planetside 2 with the continued allowance of Hives and Cortium mining generating victory points.

Meanwhile, on Test server, a new NS weapon!

I've said it before: DBG should consider what their core game plays is. If it's minecraft, then get rid of all the NS weapons cash grabs, and all the other MMOFPS stuff--no need for vehicles apart from ANTS, and just release more base bldg features and let the game be minecraft.

Planetcraft 2, Minecraftside 2.

Turtle hives, exploit, mine cortium. Win.

Engaging game play.

Tune in on Twitch to watch the Cortium VP bar increase over time.

Every night on Connery it's the same, platoons trying to play an MMOFPS, DBG driving players down the Minecraft path.
    • Up x 1
  19. ObsidianSoul

Thank you. Knowing you guys know about it is already half the battle.
    • Up x 2
  20. saronyogg

Add something constructive to someone that is a fanboy of something with many flaws is pointless