Aircraft should bank when rolled to the side

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Weylin, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Weylin

If you roll left or right while in cruise mode, the aircraft should bank left or right.

If you tilt left and right, or back and forward while in hover mode, the aircraft should drift/strafe in this direction without needing to press spacebar

Add a virtual joystick mode. Cursor moves around inside a box or circle to maneuver the aircraft without constant drag-slide-drag-slide
  2. Tankalishious

SERIOUSLY? pressing spacebar is too much to handle?????

I want to control my VTOL-aircraft myself, not fly some sort of Apple-product. When I roll left and not adjust with Hoover trust, I want to loose altitude.
  3. FateJH

That's called "aerodynamics."
  4. Tankalishious

I'm missing your point, please clarify
  5. FateJH

I'm providing a clarification to the mechanics or winged-craft flight that took hundreds of years to properly unravel that you so casually slandered an "Apple-product." Anyway, even modern aircraft capable of vertical takeoff maneuvers bank under the same conditions.
  6. Tankalishious

Ok, you didn't get my point, so ill elaborate on it.
    O.O seem to want a VTOL that acts more like a helicopter. Nose down/up and roll left or right and it maintains altitude and just strafes, meaning the aircraft is more automated and less player maintained. I think that's a rediculous proposition , and compare it to the limitations an IPhone puts on a user.

I know modern VTOLS do but they also compensate with thrust. Any angle change from the vertical needs thrust adjustment
  7. Weylin

No no the problem is that ESFs drop from the sky when they should be in a stable hover mode. Just come to a stop in midair and they always fall, while most of the others stay stationary.

Main point though is that tilting sideways does nothing, just makes you drift a bit but not turn into the bank as an aircraft would.
  8. Tankalishious

Ehm... have you ever flown(flown? Flied?flyed?) Tilting an airplane left or right just ....tilts it .. its the wing flaps that controls the nose going up or down. So, you tilt the airplane to the degree you want akd then pull back on the stick to create a banked turn.
    • Up x 1
  9. DeadlyOmen

Planes don't roll automatically in a turn. The pilot makes the plane do that.

You can make ESFs roll in turns quite easily.
  10. Weylin

Yes? You use a combination of both to turn, I've played many flight sims so I'm well aware of how it should work, and it absolutely doesn't here.
  11. Tankalishious

Yes it does.
    Roll mouse to left or right and pull back.
  12. FateJH

Should be useful for reference for the rest of this thread, one way or another:

Below talks about the effects of a poor turn.
  13. Jamuro

For better or worse this is the behaviour that sets the ps2 esfs aside from many other games and their planes.
    It would be nice to have an alternative that works in a more traditional sense but well that's probably a bit to much for the current dev team to handle.

Anyways if it helps, think of the esf as a helicopter with almost negative lift and a rocket strapped on the bottom.
    Gl & hf^^