The new official forums?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zagareth, May 28, 2017.

1. Zagareth

Looks like this reddit page is the new official forum, because the devs seem to care way more on reddit than on this forum here.
  2. ObiVanuKenobi

Been that way for a long time already. This forum is more like a "complaints and bad suggestions" section.
    • Up x 3
  3. zaspacer

It has been that way for a long time. Reddit is fanboys, schizo and shallow groupthink popularity based highlighted post sorting, and the SOE/DBG staff who like to get their egos stroked their. Place is toxic, starved for posts/posters with intellect (and quickly burying any that surface in the schizo sorting), and a black hole for productivity of PS2.

While I do agree this forum is often a complaints section, I totally disagree it's a bad suggestion section. This forum isn't as populated as it once was, and there are a lot of bad ideas on here, but there are good ideas/thinkers still, and the discussion on ideas is a lot more built out and explored over time than anywhere else.
    • Up x 3
  4. BadCoding

Yet it all leads to nothing as talk is cheap but programming, testing and bugfixing takes time while the guys doing that aren't there for the community but for the devs that follow their own agenda. Neither of them listens to the communtiy with the programmer at least having the excuse of being busy while the dev just refuses to interact with the community and most likely doesn't even play the game.

But hey, no complaints. It's for free after all.
  5. AllRoundGoodGuy

RadarX always keeps his eye on these forums.
  6. Cinnamon

I think that they would mostly rather use twitter than reddit. Not everyone wants to read or write that much especially when it's annoying or negative.
  7. Morpholine

They've been more active on reddit (or twitter) than here since well before beta started.
  8. Ximinetto

I find quicker answers on reddit.
  9. RadarX

Strictly speaking in terms of numbers, it's actually pretty well balanced between the two. On a Sunday afternoon you likely won't see a ton of responses.
  10. AgentRed

I haven't seen many devs post on Reddit lately they used to post maybe 20 around times a week now its like 3-5 times if we are lucky. I hope that line of communication there doesn't break because I am not really a fan of post ideas or feedback here on the forums. Due to the strict policies here.