Open Letter To DBG; Producer & Developers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zazen, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zazen

Dear DBG,
    I am 45 years old, with 3 dogs, two cats, a wife and an 8 year old son. I make very good money and have a practically unlimited entertainment budget. As an example I bought $1700 worth of imaginary spaceships for Star Citizen, which won't be released for years, without a care in the world. I have also spent in excess of $1300 on PS2 and had every intention of continuing to spend on PS2 until this recent hacking outbreak that began two weeks ago.

There are lots of customers like me who are not freeloaders by any means and very literally pay your salary, we are your "whales". We're fine with paying your salary on the condition we are afforded a quality of gameplay experience commensurate with our financial commitment to your service/product.

However, if you wish to keep your hand in the wallets of the "whales" like myself, you had better get your **** together fast...seriously. You simply do not have the luxury to allow hackers to run wild like this, no company can, you are failing.

I work in the software development industry myself (not games; custom software for the utility industry where combatting hackers is a national security imperative), and if we ran our shop like you do yours, we'd be living under a bridge somewhere and eating garbage.

I'm not sure if you guys seriously and collectively think you are "doing your best", but if you truly do believe that you are, I am here to unequivocally inform you that your best is not even close to good enough.

I am giving you guys one week to get your **** together, if my gameplay experience is still terrible to non-existent in that time, simply because you are collectively too lazy or apathetic to protect your product and service in a responsible and professional manner, you can kiss one of your Big Blue Whales good-bye , forever...

Sincerely,
    James (aka ZenSatori)
    • Up x 5
  2. Twitch760

Well said.
  3. RockPlanetSide2

I concur. As a money spender this is just getting stupid.

The problem is that nobody knows how many people are even working on the game. It feels like 1 guy... maybe... working part time and he does not really even play the game anymore.

Regardless of that, the game has reached a new low. I feel like releasing new content even armor sets at the same time as server issues and wide spread hacking just shows incredibly bad taste and terrible upper management judgement calls. I understand that you have to make money, but trying to sell junk like new Hard Light armor sets just looks really bad from a marketing standpoint, when the core of your game is honestly FALLING APART.

Hire some people who are competent to fix the game, even if you have to outsource. Quite frankly, if your current staff can't manage the game... fire them.

In any other real world work situation, if any business was maintained as badly as this game it would be out of business or there would be a total removal of upper management and a restructure from the ground up.

There just is no excuse anymore, I 100% agree with the above statement regarding "Your best is just not good enough". You are killing your own game with just allowing your staff to blunder around. Manage your staff better, or find better staff. It is that simple.

Edit: (I also feel this entire thread is justified as the servers just went down 5 27 17 12:43pm - quite laughable).
    • Up x 2
  4. RadarX

Please ensure per our guidelines that feedback is constructive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.