New Hack: Insta Kill via Suicide All players in hex

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OgreMarkX, May 18, 2017.

1. Aoikazego

Also, while less important:
    • Up x 2
  2. zu2

Something similar happened to me although I didn't get a video. See my post about an interesting player.
  3. Rydenan

Can confirm this on Emerald as well. Got hit twice by it.
  4. FLHuk

Mandatory "Where are the guys who've never seen a cheat at?" post..... :D
    • Up x 3
  5. Sedin

6. Devil 2 U

• Up x 2
  7. Towie

Until this has been resolved DBG need to implement something to dissuade the scumbags, like locking new players to Koltyr for a period of time.

At the moment it appears that they are kicking (good) - maybe perma banning ? Even then they still come back using methods to obfuscate their identity, so just make them do something tedious for an extended period of time. It certainly won't stop them but they would have to put in hours of gameplay before having their 'fun'.

Unfair on legit noobs maybe - but right now it's unfair on the majority.
    • Up x 3
  8. Daigons

We noticed that our Proxy radar would cease showing targets just prior to one of these events.
  9. RookFett

Yeah - I encountered that player "Blackgoy" - he shot down my valk with 6 shots (plink, plink, plink, plink, plink, plink) with a solstice and as we were falling to to ground after bailing, single shot each and we were all dead (look it up in his player stats)

Have a video of it, but only shows us dying and other players noting this players hit count (vs included)
    • Up x 1
  10. Turok

This guy apparently didn't like the video and accusations I put on youtube, so he started commenting on it. His Youtube name is Team Gamerfood. There is a link on his channel to a gaming/hacker community site. They have an open discussion on hacking and such on the home page.
  11. BadCoding

Gamedesign-wise I'd create an extra server for the hackers to play on and shove every hacker's account on that server where they can experience another. The server could also be used to learn what's used and how.

Wouldn't stop them from creating new accounts while no real world identity data is used but it'd be hilarious to find out whether or not they continue playing there and if so how they feel about it.
    • Up x 1
  12. Crayv

That would be funny... may the best hack win :)
  13. Rydenan

Desperately hoping that their username doesn't show up in a screenshot..
    • Up x 2
  14. Nabtwat

I think that as of right now this is fixed !
    Not only that, but seems to be the most definitive and quickest fix ever.

I imagine it went down like this. Chief developer with a hangover yells at his one worker: Wake up already and see there is a problem, players keep die in large numbers. The man goes in server room, comes back in 15 seconds with a hand full of power cords, says: "Boss, i fixed it already: players do not die anymore".

There is a minor issue like the one reported here
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/fix-your-damn-game.245893/
    But this is minor issue and will be fixed in the next patch, probably in December.
  15. Sedin

From AhornFPS stream:

• sl0wthesluml0rd: wtf ****** did i say you could play?!?
    • kuhamies: oh my god
    • kuhamies: not again
    • acqu28: slow ****
    • acqu28: he already told you he voted for afd last stream!!!
    • sl0wthesluml0rd: k man enjoy
    • sl0wthesluml0rd: for now
    • sl0wthesluml0rd: ima go ruin kempington
    • sl0wthesluml0rd: the apb ******
  16. Diilicious

what is this?
  17. breeje

is this fixed already? cause i am not playing until they fix it
    it sucks the fun out of everything and for me PS2 is unplayable in this current condition
  18. Tankalishious

Its fixed
    • Up x 1
  19. FlR3

I have a question for RadarX. From a video that's on youtube about cheaters being caught by gaming companies I noticed that one was from H1Z1 which is the same gaming company that is in charge of Planetside 2. The cheaters that were banned from H1Z1 were allowed back in the game IF they make a youtube video saying they are sorry for cheating. What is the deal with that? Allowing cheaters back in a game that help ruin said games is a bad PR more. It's bad enough we have to put up with cheaters in game but allowing them back in just because they lie on youtube saying they are sorry about cheating is beyond logic.
  20. Towie

I can't speak for DBG but the situation with H1Z1 was slightly different. Post BE introduction there was a HUGE and well publicised banwave. Yes DBG gave the scum an opportunity to redeem themselves via Youtube but very few took them up on the offer - and remember - H1Z1 is not free to play, so from a business perspective it makes sense (however hard it may be to stomach for the legit players).

Plus for any apologiser who didn't lock down comments, they had an opportunity to see what people really think of them - and for that alone it may be worth it.