Step 1: Drop $50 on DBC - Step 2: Get burned (again) - Step 3: Fill out support ticket /facepalm

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeadAlive99, May 17, 2017.

1. DeadAlive99

Hopefully step 4 will be customer service working with me and not saying, "sorry, no refunds", because this not only hurts me, it's hurting them!

So I decided after much deliberation and testing of various weapons to buy the Tomoe. So I went to the depot, selected 'infiltrator' and 'scout rifle' in the filters box on the left, and bought the weapon.

Everything seemed fine. I then bought the Blitz too.

About a half hour later, I'm testing another weapon, the Masamune, and I decide I want to buy it as well. So I go back to the depot and select 'infantry weapons' on the left, and just as I'm about to start clicking boxes, something catches my eye in the list on the right.

There's a special sale on the Tomoe....the gun I just bought, except this is the fully loaded version for about $2 more. What!?!? How the #*$& did I miss this?

Well, as it turns out with some poking around, the depot appears to have its' own set of 'design issues'.
    These sale items are apparently only visible in the master unfiltered list, and also when doing a text search.
    They are NOT visible when using the filters on the left side, and they are not listed in the main loadout menus either.

So, not only did I get screwed by missing this, and missing it by doing what I thought was the "smart" thing to do, i.e., using filters to narrow down my list, but DBG is screwing themselves by not making sure all sale items are listed everywhere!

Unbelievable! Is this the same company that says they need to find ways to bring in money? Well, here's a tip: Fix your store so customers can see all the stuff!

I'm filling out a ticket on this obviously and hopefully they will let me buy the other one instead, but I'm still miffed from the last ticket where I was told 'no refunds' even though it was another screwball situation ( the armor tag to complete the outfit directive can make a person think they need to buy the patch for their specific outfit when instead you're supposed to buy this generic looking thing....totally counter intuitive, imo)

Has anyone else had this experience and were you able to get it sorted with support?

Oh wait..........that's not all. The Masamune that I want to drop $7 on, doesn't even show up at all in the HA section, whether you have launchers checked or not, or locked and unlocked or not. It can only be found in the master list.

Of course, you can buy plain items through the loadout menus which is what I normally do, but now I can't help but wonder if I've missed out on other deals in the past due to these issues.

DBG, if you actually want to sell stuff........... you should have sale items listed in the loadout areas. Yes, it will annoy some people, but is this a business or what?

(this post has been edited to remove copious amounts of foul language)

Update: I have now filed a ticket. We'll see what happens, but if I don't get satisfaction, then I won't be spending anymore money and will no longer recommend the game, not just because of this, but because it's the last straw in a large pile of straws.
  2. Kristan

Something tells me you're making fool of yourself...

[IMG]
  3. DeadAlive99

That's the UNfiltered master list. Click 'Infiltrator' on the left side and you'll see the sale Tomoe disappear.

To clarify on my point, I did what I thought made the most sense. I used the filters to narrow down my choices to class and weapon type. This is normal and expected for people to do. It is counter intuitive for people to think, "Well, I better not use any sorting options because the game design might be buggy and not show everything that way".
  4. pnkdth

With OP on this one. Makes very little sense not see items when you narrow the search and pretty clunky to have to go through the entire unfiltered section simply to find sales.
  5. Kristan

Huh, you're right. This is not good.