really bad stuttering (specifically in game (ps2))

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, May 15, 2017.

1. Inzababa

so,

probably because of a troll, my last thread on this subject got closed.

Thing is, the thread itself, the topic, and the question, is one that I really would like to address :

I am getting very heavy, really bad stuttering, and I'm getting a lot of it.

I think this bug always existed, but when it happened to me in the past, a death, or a respawn or a change of class, or entering a vehicle would stop it. And it wouldn't happen very often

Now it's happening most of my game time, it's really bad.

Does anyone know of this issue and how to fix it?

I did make a ticket, it's been a few days now and still no reply.

PS. I only just realised but I have been playing over the past couple of hours without any issue at all (and I didn't change anything to anything). I'm still opening the thread in case the problem comes back and/or in case someone else has that issue.
  2. Inzababa

all right, for anyone else who might have this issue, I got a reply from support.

I followed their instructions, and though it's a bit of a pain in the *** cause it meant I had to set up all my key bindings and settings again, it seems to have worked.

These are the instructions :

3. stalkish

If you did follow the instructions you should have a backup of 'useroptions.ini' and unless this particular file was causing the problem you can simply put it back into your PS2 folder and it will restore all your settings.

I infact keep a copy of my useroptions because i use the old keymappings from BETA, and every now and then the game decides on its own i should be using the new ones.
    Also annoying because when it resets my useroptions it also resets my mouse settings, so muscle memory is all off and reactive shots are less accurate.

Maybe with less stuttering youll be able to deal with harassers easier ;).
    ^j/k

EDIT: just thought, you could open your old useroptions file and simply copy paste the keymapping info into the new one. That way you leave out the rest of your useroptions. I cant see keymapping causing any problems what so ever.
    • Up x 1
  4. DeadlyOmen

Anyone else reminded of how Tincup fixed his "off the hosel" problem?

2:22 to 3:50

5. Inzababa

9 minutes long .. least you could have done is an executive summary :rolleyes:
  6. DeadlyOmen

2:22 to 3:50
  7. DeadAlive99

Thanks OP, I'll try that. For about the last week I've also been having horrible regular stuttering that I never had before. Of course, it may be something else on my system but I'll try it and see.
    • Up x 1
  8. Inzababa

yeah I know that thanks :)

however what I do not know, is which of those files (assuming it's only one file) was causing problems.

The backups in support emails (in other games) are for "in case something goes wrong", but the real reason is I'm a slacker.