[Suggestion] A practical method of increasing revenue

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SlugSniper, Apr 30, 2017.

1. SlugSniper

In-game ads.

No, I don't mean the annoying 30 second video ads like on YouTube. I mean like you would see on a website in the form of panels at the side, top, or bottom of the screen, possibly appearing in the main menu, in-game menu, or even as "easter eggs" scattered around the continents.

I don't know much about how ad revenue is applied for or anything like that, so if this has been considered before, don't mind me, nothing new to see here.
    • Up x 2
  2. BrbImAFK

Personally, I've got no problem with including ads in PS2 - so long as they're restricted to the F2P'ers. Not having ads all over the place would be a nice benefit for having a subscription! :p
    • Up x 1
  3. FateJH

Run-down billboard obstacles out in the wilderness in between bases. Varies between in-game propaganda and outside-game advertisements. Practical and functional.
    • Up x 4
  4. Campagne

Absolutely not if they were even in the least bit obtrusive. And if I can't ever stop seeing them, that's a big ol' nope as well.

Personally I despise advertising of any kind and the methods & messages used to convey a product. If I started seeing ads on my loadout screen or directive menus I'd just flat out leave the game for good if not given a simple, free, legitimate way to disable them without cost.

I hate them that much. :mad:
    • Up x 2
  5. LordKrelas

As long as they aren't in the way of playing, or cause any damn issues in screens like the load-out screens, Respawn or similar.
    Let alone if said ads were click-activated, where a miss-click could instantly disrupt the ability to play, possible viruses via ad exploits etc...
  6. FateJH

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  7. Meserion

What the guy above me shows, seeing random billboards in game might be kinda cool or animated ads on computer screens. It would not be pop-up ads on the HUD and would add extra character to the game with an ever-changing rosters of Ads being shown thanks to advertisers.
    • Up x 2
  8. BrbImAFK

This wouldn't really work, tbh. I can see ad-spam for NC, given their corporate profiteering overlords, but TR would never allow it. All the TR billboards would be filled with propaganda. As for the VS..... well..... frankly, I hate to speculate! :p
  9. Pikachu

I would be ok with this. Having some ad computer panels in spawn room and such if it helps with money for PS2.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  10. Icehole1999

The VS would only allow ads for lycra attire.
  11. DIGGSAN0

I would Spend 200$ for a ad which says "Buff the Spiker" in every Warpgate on all Factions...
    • Up x 1
  12. Daigons

I remember Anarchy Online did this years ago.Giant rotating banners.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. Stan

It's called driftin'
  14. CaptCran

Buy a movie ticket that's $15 or buy station cash $15??? Buy station cash or Fanta drink??? Buy a Coke or station cash??? Hmmmm.... don't know about this one.:confused: