remove or nerf fire suppression

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dreyone, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Tankalishious

I cant be bothered re-answering your incoherent rambling. Despite many others trying to point out your flaws, you just won't budge.

You dont have to abandon your connery char, you make an alt on cobalt so you can get your *** stomped.

I at least, will make a connery char just to roll all over you.
    So, do you prefer fighting reavers or scythes?
  2. dreyone

"Despite many others" lololol. "Many others" aka a handful of like less than 5 apologist Daybreak fanboys who cant stand the idea of their overpowered gear being properly balanced so they're forced to actually get good at the game instead of relying on broken mechanics to win.
  3. ObiVanuKenobi

According to your stats you still play every day.
  4. Tankalishious

Ok, my toon is up and rolling on connery, dreyone.

I find all these asian dudes you talked about, but they only last 4-5 seconds before they go boom, and they aim like a bunch of Stevie Wonders. And they arent these huge lagwizards at all, so even more evidence pointing towards either your computer or your dsl line acting up.

But back to us, when are you on? What is connery prime time?
  5. Mynameiskain

what? im from connery and i can beat most of that asians u talk about, the problem its they jump 10vs1, the problem its not fire suppresion as u said, also its obvious u lie when u say its the godmode button, when my enemies hit fire suppresion i still can 1clip them if i dont miss my shoots to deny his repair (with needler) with rottary its just easy as ***.k deny fire suppresion so i dont get what are u talking about god mode button, u dont become invulnerable, or something, it just repair u a % of ur ESF HP which is easy as fu.ck to deny by 1 pilot with good aim, by 1 skyguard with aim, by a liberator, by a galaxy, by an aa turret, by a lock on comb....

also keep in mind when u fly, u always got locked on by ground on random areas cuz heavy assaults just go there on a vehicle and try to camp air, or a sunderer, or a skyguard, or an aa turret, or another ESF's, if u dont have something to repair urself a % of ur hp EACH 45 SECONDS its not like 2 seconds, ITS 45 SECONDS... probly u gonna kill the airgame, and if u want to test how can i kill u while u use ur fire sprs, im mynameiskain - connery / anonymossi - cobalt. let me know if u play in any of those and want to test what im saying;)
  6. dreyone

Obviously your reading comprehension skills are about on par with Tank's. I never claimed I didn't play every day, moron. I stopped playing yesterday because the game is so broken now that its literally unplayable. It crashes constantly and every action in-game takes 30 seconds to happen, including firing a round from an smg or activating a cloak on infiltrator.

Ok, is there an echo in here? Seriously, did all you guys flunk your English classes in school or are you just ********? How do you suck so badly at basic reading comprehension?

I also noticed that Tank says basically the same crap in every thread anyone posts on here complaining about ANY aspect of the game. He seems to be absolutely convinced that the game is perfectly fine and balanced despite an overwhelming majority of the game's original community openly saying that its gone to **** and everyone is now cancelling their subscriptions and uninstalling the game. Do Daybreak pay you to be their shill or do you just suck all this dick for free?

The only thing obvious here is that you your buddies tank and obi need to repeat 1st grade english class. Your literacy and reading comprehension skills are appalling. I have family members still in elementary school who are better at reading and forming coherent sentences than you. That's just embarrassing, dude.
  7. Meserion

If you're going to nerf fire Supression on ESFs please nerf lockons' damage dealt to ESFs; rather than 47% say 15% per standard lockon. ESF Fire suppression enables us to survive multiple lockons because 2 and we are on fire, 3 and we're dead. Sorry but your completely free lockons should not be able to easily 3-shot 350 nanite vehicles everytime, hence fire suppression exists that can allow us to survive a pair of lockons.

If you want to kill an ESF, pull your ESF and kill them on the same play field, don't rage and QQ that your lockons are ineffective when in reality lockons are borderline OP because they're basically fire and forget; no aiming required
  8. ObiVanuKenobi

You played a lot after the patch though.
  9. LordKrelas

You do realize that the one-time 350 nanite cost, with 50 nanites per minute, ESF can destroy multiple MBTs easily?
    That you need AA-specific Lightning Tanks, in number, To attack these ESFs which can destroy said One-man AA Tanks, with their One-man Aircraft's set of weapons.

Lock-ons, did not make FS exist, all vehicles basically have it, with aircraft having a better version.
    It is to extinguish fires, with a slight repair, yet aircraft got a vastly superior version that is instant-repair.

Lock-ons, also require Direct-line-of-sight to the most agile target, whom can deploy flares, self-repair, outrun the rockets, drive them into objects \ ground, and do all this while killing the infantryman during, after or before the Lock-on even fires.

When the solution to killing an ESF is to pull an ESF with the words "Same playing field".... I think of any-type of ESF killing tanks & Infantry, let alone AA-specialized versions easily, and wonder how that is the same playing field, yet AA-Type Lock-ons, aren't on the same playing field.

After all, a MBT can't aim all that high, let alone directly above, but an ESF can get any angle on any target - And escape any threat that isn't aircraft.

So unless you want to start Pulling ground vehicles not aircraft to kill ground vehicles, perhaps not say "Pull your ESF to kill an ESF"
    As a rough guess says most people being slaughtered by aircraft, aren't going to be able to fly equal to the pilot slaughtering them in highly agile aircraft, So they are even more screwed using an aircraft.

Still, on the original Topic: Well, refer to the massive number of posts showing the flaws in the arguments presented.
    Which is comedy Gold.
  10. dreyone

What point are you even trying to make by repeating these remarks? Daybreak's patches have introduced a slew of issues over the years which have gradually grown worse and worse over time. I was able to tolerate it up to a certain point, but now the game literally hangs the whole system on launch and glitches like hell when it does load rendering it literally unplayable, not to mention the cancer zerg that infested connery from asia making it unplayable even if performance wasnt bad.

I won't be logging on again any time soon thanks to toxic users like you and the clearly incompetent and apathetic dev team. You can pat yourself on the back and congratulate yourself on alienating more and more of the game's playerbase. Give it a few more years and there will nobody left. I bet even the chinese and koreans will get tired of zerging eventually and go back to playing starcraft
  11. dreyone

If you're concerned about lockons then you should be running flares and not FS.
  12. LaughingDead

All fairness, I find it rather easy to group 3 heavies with a cloakbus, and deck ESFs with coordnated strikes, as well as solo kill MBTs with an AV max in most situations. MBTs in general are just rather poor at anything not attacking it at ground level, even then.

Comparatively, ESFs have the same HP as harassers, but less resistances, where as harassers can survive several tank shells and will be made to survive an extra one in the next patch (which I think is dumb but whatever), ESFs do not even survive the weakest of the tank shells in one shot {next pts patch}, trading armor for mobility. As per low effective HP pool FS actually seems balanced in that regard. Where as if an MBT had the same level, healing for 25% of it's total HP would be ludicrous as it uses it's effective directional armor as a massive buffer for it's HP, say even healing 12% of it's HP from the front would be enough to kill an ESF or close to it.

This isn't me saying that vehicles are balanced, mind you, it's just that ESFs are more or less glassy cannons in their own right. However they've been made tougher to forgo insta-gibs into no fly zones by single units, which people complain about.
    FS in context of it's HP pool is more or less balanced, how people perceive killing them however viewed from their standpoint is not. But generally people want super easy one shot insta-gibs from rocket launchers that require no skill or aiming requirements and yet flying takes hours just to basic fly around let alone apply it in combat. The concern for nerfing FS against low skill counters is legitimate no matter how many people think how low skill ESF flying is.

Personally, I found it ridiculous at first but then I quickly realized almost no one uses locks even when there are 50 bloody heavies on the ground, I see people lock to air once and ignore the next wave, several times in a row, I find that people generally ask for nerfs without trying to deal with the problem themselves first. I have never needed to buy flares, after the ESF synergy, I also run scout radar from time to time. Stealth on the other hand, that's a whole other can of worms.

Personal note: I don't really see why people hate skyguards so much, I generally do well with them, even take on libs and win. I feel this is either a lack of aiming ability on the skyguard users part or lack of approach strategy and tactical application. If I knew what more people were doing wrong then I would gladly show them in person what I do to be effective with it. (Also killing MBTs from behind it is possibly the funniest thing ever).
    • Up x 1
  13. Meserion

Yeah the main strength of air is most people don't look up very often, so they get wrecked. It not the ESF's fault or Fire Suppression's fault, its really people not doing everything they can to defeat their enemy. That is one of the reasons I made my response because most people simply don't put the effort in to fight air, they just do it half-***** then rage on the forums (like now), demanding nerfs and buffs from their very 1-sided views.

I do post and complain, but I seldom ask for a basic nerf or buff unless its something like the Dalton. I propose reworks, just my reworks aren't the best in the eyes of the community; But then, I never see them propose a reasonable or creative solution, so why should they get to judge?
  14. Tankalishious

Dreyone, you do know this world is bigger than your little fantasy bubble? So in stead of going after spelling issues of players that has english as their second or third language, how bout you try to solve your issues and not come to the forums acting like some sort of privileged *******? You bash on everyone not shearing YOUR personal opinion.
    Do you honestly think your server was the only server swarmed by new zergs? On cobalt we got the whole russian intardnet-army Making a toon on TR. We had 96+ zergs on 1-12 defended bases. But in stead of crying about it, we found a way to handle it. The zerg died down to normal levels after a while, and the cert/xp farming was insane(250+ unsubbed and unboosted pr hr)
    Well, now I've been flying around for a day on this server of yours, and first of all, these cancer swarms you talk about, where are they? You portray them as ever prevalent.
    Second, the quality of pilots here is appalling. Bar a few exceptions, most cant fly, cant aim and cant shoot properly. And im swarms, they are so blantanly unaware of their surroundings that you can pick off one by one on the edges while they are focused on something else, and no one reacts.
    I think the problem you have is that your target approach is not good enough and your kill time is too high, so others get time to react.

But more importantly, you need to log so i can stomp your ***
  15. Ziggurat8

You're a bad pilot. Except it, then learn and get better. Crying about how OP FS is won't help you get better. Asking how to counter it learning how to aim, how to dodge, when to engage and when to avoid. These will help you.

Or cry about things that every good pilot uses and continue being a scrub.

BTW, Korean lag wizards don't have time to use FS if you're good. Lag plus very low ttk means they're dead before they have a chance to react. Lag goes both ways.
    • Up x 2
  16. stalkish

Typical skyknights in here, bunch or morons.

Ignoring the guys skil level, because really that means nothing here, the guy has a point.
    If something is 100% better than all its other options surely something is wrong?

Wasnt the entire reason for FS being turned from simply a fire extinguisher to a health buff at any time because FS was not used at all?
    If i can be buffed for never being used, it can sure as hell be nerfed for being over-used, cant it?

Get off of your pedestals guys, its getting quite boring to read.
  17. Tankalishious

You are missing the whole point. People are trying to be polite at first, and he comes across as a complete *** in return.
    Just look at this thread here as an examplehttps://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-broken-and-unplayable.245690/

People are carefully trying to point out that FS isnt the problem, his killtimes and engagement routine is.
    You cant spam FS, but he refuses to listen to reason and starts to get all personal on anyone who doesn't think the way he does about the subject.
    FS has a 45 sec cool down and a 25% health pool increase over time. If you cant plink in enough shots in 45 sec so the enemy can pop a new FS, you have an aiming problem, its that simple.

Then he goes and blames asian lagwizards who allegedly can spam FS (wich is not possible in this game) while they circle a bio labs legs, and furthermore claim that you cant get aim on the target.
    The problem with this line of arguments is that:
    If you are engaging a hoover fight, the person that breaks and dive for cover will die as he exposes his back and rear and cant fight back. Any decent pilot knows that and therefore won't dive for cover.
    Second, FS cant be spammed and also gives you a tiny health pool compared to the raw dmg any ESF nosegun puts out in 45 sec.
    Third, lag goes both ways. A lagwizard you drop on wont have time to react before hes dead (lag+human reaction time to lifepool dropping fast)
    Fourth, chasing a biolab dancer is perfectly doable done the right way. Either up close while invert turning+hoover (space) for better angle, or just break turn and wait for the dude to come by another round.

Yet, OP refuses to listen to anything other people do to manage what he experiences as problems in the game, but just starts flinging insults left and right instead.

If FS was an instant 25% health shot, it could have been debated. But its a 25% HoT wich is easy to burn through with a bit of accuracy.
  18. Direlithe

I think this is exaggerating somewhat. Just a smidge.
  19. stalkish

Firstly lest assume he is referring to ESF FS, ill just refer to it as FS for short.

My question is about FS, i dont care about piloting pointers, or lag moaning.(nice derail attempt tho)
    Why isnt it 12% like other vehicles? Why do ESFs get a bonus to their FS power? Why cant that module, the 25% repairing module, be strapped to a sunderer? Why cant a lightning use the 25% bonus FS? Or perhaps more comparatively, why does a flash only get 12%?

Also back when FS was, well lets just say 'altered', one of the stated reasons (also often stated in other adjustments) was due to its 'under-use'.
    Why was under-use a sign of underpower, but over-use not a sign of overpower?

The guy might not quite have his facts straight (the sundy part for example might be something so do with it not really being very easy to tell when you are splashing something compared to hitting it). But his point at the start was clear, FS is imbalanced both compared to other choices and the % it repairs compared to other vehicles.

Lets take a look at your first 'gem' of input into the thread:
    Hint; you are clearly provoking him intentionaly.
    You call him a lier
    Say 'any skilled player knows....' implying he isnt a skilled player, this also imples he is stupid for not realising
    I assume the '*****'s are referring the a mentaly disabled person
    Call him salty
    EMPHASISE he needs to work on his skills
    Call him unskilled again
    Say he has a COD ego
    Call him skill-less for using a perfectly legit, available in-game weapon (my personal fav skynight comment)
    Accuse him of being on Emerald (no idea what thats supposed to mean).

Even if he is unskilled, even if he cant land shots, even if he has an inflated ego, calling some1 out on this whilst ignoring the actual point they have made is ad-hominen at its best, and is intentionally rage inducing. Dont try to hide behind, 'o but some1 tried to help him but he refused it' he was actually pretty civil i thought, until your post funnily enough, hence the intent of your provoking him. In the post you replied to he even cried out for some1 to explain whats happening,
    Your tactic worked well tho ill grant you that, by the end of the thread he looks like a rage induced moron who doesnt actualy understand the game, nice job.

Its no wonder tho that he is so defensive, theres a bunch of players on this game who seem to think they are playing the with supreme skill of Auraxis. Everything they do is difficult, every fight the odds start against them, every weapon they have is crap. If you even slightly question this perception of ultimate skill by asking whether FS might be imbalanced you're met with angry ad-hominen attacks that basically boil down to 'if you cant beat me at what im best at, your opinion isnt credible'.

The problem with skynights (which was always meant as a derogatory phrase btw, look-up the term whiteknight) is that they will defend their powers to the end by simply denying that they have any. They look at the game in a vacuum, only the ESF contained within, as far as they're concerned the people below could be bots, as long as they dont shoot back with 'noob, lowskill lockon weapons'.
    All dedicated ESF pilots arnt like this, hence the requirment for a term that differentiates the two.
    • Up x 1
  20. Hajakizol

Equalize fire suppression for all vehicles maxes included or remove it.