[Vehicle] The NC Reaver Vortek Rotary is bullcrap

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meserion, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Meserion

The time for TTK is absurd, its like a god damn noobtube from CoD. Kills you faster than you can turn around and you better hope you have racer to try and outrun that crap. Only indicator I get is Reaver engines for 1/2 a second and then I get melted in seconds, such bullcrap. How do you even counter or dodge that crap?

I'd be fine the TTK if it required excellent accuracy, like maybe consecutive hits with it increase damage but if your aim is bad it does crap damage; same mechanics for all rotary guns would be fine with NC still doing the most.
  2. Tankalishious

Boo hoo.

The vortex rotary is very good under the right conditions, and thats about it.
    I'll bet that every time you die, you get jumped because you get way too "focused" on whatever you were doing, and lost situational awareness completely.
    The rotary vortex will oneclip you when the enemy hits ALL (depending on distance) his shots within maximum damage distance (wich is pretty much up close in your face), and he has extended magazine lvl 5. Same conditions apply to the hailstorm (vs) and rotary (tr) equivalents. Experienced pilots tend to prefer the rotary gun as they tend to be very good pilots who outmanouver you in a duel.
    I used to like the stock fun, now i prefer the rotary gun. Stock guns have excellent Cone of fire and projectile speed, while the rotary guns have a comparatively HUGE cone of fire and qyite slower projectile speed. Everything about the rotary gun says you have to sacrifice safe distance for high dmg.

I dunno what fraction you are, but getting jumped by a rotary gun is worst for a scythe because of the HUGE top/bottom cross section of the ESF you show when he jumps you or you try to turn on him. When you have turned, scythe has an advantage.

Getting jumped by an enemy will happen anywhere. Same will happen if a lib gets the drop on you...or a heavy if you are a ground trooper, or getting c4ed by a LA because you feel asleep shelling a jase with your HE-tank etc.

The rotary guns are balanced, you need to start working on your situational awareness. He has stealth so you cant see him, and i bet you have probably armor or something slotted. Try stealth lvl 5 next time.

Sincerely
    A scythe pilot
    • Up x 1
  3. DarkStarII

Just a heads up, the Hailstorm had it's name changed to the Maelstrom.
  4. Tankalishious

Multitasking at the time of posting, combined with a severe lack of coffee , had partially shut down my brain. Fixed now. Thanks.

Edit, cant correct it, but my message comes across non the less :)
  5. stalkish

I thought some1 was taking the piss when i heard about that....

So they took the name of an infantry based, common pool, ancient tech weapon from ps1, and gave it to the mossy.......
    Which **** on the dev team thought that was a good idea then?
  6. Meserion

Yeah feels like ESFs need a rearview mirror and maybe a down view mirror. BTW I play Vanu Scythe and everytime I get "cannon rushed" is not when I'm shooting when I'm flying trying to get more altitude to stay out of AA range. I've tried hitting afterburners, going towards cover, etc still gets me every time even with Racer on me.
  7. TheZetifate1745

I agree like wtf and even mustang op and reaver have fastest afterburner so cannot be outrunned just gotta hope its a noob using it.
  8. TheZetifate1745

Scythe is the slowest so you cant outrun dudes with rotaries so unfair.
  9. csvfr

The scythe's maelstrom has the highest DPS when factoring in reload-time, so man up and fight back
    • Up x 1
  10. Tankalishious

^^This.

I used to hate the scythe top/bottom cross section, but as i got better with my situational awareness, low profile turning, aim and reverse thrusting/boosting/dodging, scythe has gotten better and better. It just requires you to face your opponents, not flee. Fleeing will get you killed as you expose that tech plant sized top/bottom cross section while being slow.
    Scythes are not the fastest in a straight line, but in a dive they are. Stay at medium altitudes and dive for trees/stones/ridges to make a low profile turn behind the rock and come up nose first to target the attacker.
    And dont think the grass is greener on the other side. All ESFs have their drawbacks.
    Mossies are smooth in their manouvres , small profile, fast cruise and noob friendly gun but lower dps.
    Reavers are high dps, high afterburner speed and decent profile but very twitchy when dodging and finding aim point. Also they have small mags so not forgiving if you miss alot of shots.
  11. TheZetifate1745

I guess but im not a pro flyer.
  12. zeroxpain

well its a good gun too bad its attached to a flying tracter the front profil is the worst of the 3 its the most unforgiving ESF in the game when facing a needle or the toilet seat