Ganged up on when flying.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheZetifate1745, Apr 26, 2017.

1. TheZetifate1745

I cannot get a good flying experience cuz some people all focus on me and i die in 5 seconds because im swarmed im not even that good of a pilot so it is a waste of nanites and time for me to get esfs.
    • Up x 2
  2. AllRoundGoodGuy

Yeah, the flying game is really really hard to get into. The best advice would be to get a couple friends to fly with you and to help you learn the ropes.
    • Up x 1
  3. Campagne

That's skyknights for ya'.

Maybe try playing on a quieter continent, or in the VR for practise?
  4. csvfr

Consider certing into a stealth module.
    Without it, you show up on the enemy esf HUD more than 500 meters away. It also makes sneaking up on enemies easier.
  5. SlugSniper

High Capacity Fuel Tanks.

RUN THE *bleep* AWAY
    • Up x 2
  6. Hajakizol

Unfortunately the way to deal with with is ball up yourself. This is not a duel simulator its a large scale battler simulator. Going in solo is a good way to die with nothing to show for it. Ground or air.. unless your sneaky or cloaky.
    • Up x 1
  7. Tankalishious

Utter ********.
    Skyknights (for the most part) put their pride in flying solo and handling supperior enemy forces alone. They HATE A2A lock ons, and many skyknights will have you on their hit list if you A2A lock them. These guys are nosegun experts.
    What the OP is experiencing is ****/mediocre pilots building wolf packs to take out everything in sight(even using A2A lock ons cause their aim is so horrible) so they can circle jerk over "how good they are".

Skyknights are VERY VERY good pilots who has hundreds uppon hundreds of hours in the seat. Many if them are very decent people who, if you ask them, they will leave you alone for the day and dont down you, or they will duel you but stop when you are burning so you can hit fire surpession.

What you, OP, are experiencing, are just sky arseholes.

Ps, i speak for Cobalt server at least.
  8. x360

make yourself an ace pilot profile for the dualshock 4 and own there ***.
  9. zaspacer

Your best bet is to log off. Then log back on as the Faction that just destroyed you and on that same map. And then find and join up with them (just tag along) and fly around. This will give you ally protection in the air, and time to figure out how to get the basics of flight down.
  10. DeadlyOmen

Fly with friends.
  11. MichaelMoen

I tested out the Agility or whatever it's called Airframe for the performance module on my Reaver in the training room, it increases the cruising speed SO MUCH it was beautiful. The problem with Reavers is the futility of trying to evade a Mosquito or Scythe that has it in for your butt. Maybe I should give that Airframe and the Stealth module a go, see how better I fare.
  12. LaughingDead

I just keep it within flak lines when teaching a new guy. Generally I take one under my wing so to speak, keep a higher DPS weapon to save him just in case and generally act as bait so he can practice. Gank squads however, are generally just unpleasant. The only unfortunate cure is to play with a squad that actually plays all aspects of the game and know what they're doing. THIS IS RARE.

But looking for a skyguard to bait tailgators into is a good start.
  13. HAXTIME

Get 10-20 of your friends, everyone loads up on A2A lockons, and then you just smear the skies with the bastards, virtually no matter how many they are. Remember to focus them by groups of 3, so they die instantly, LOL.
  14. TheZetifate1745

I know how to fly i just cant beat experienced pilots 1v1 or when they are ganging up on me. Many people that i know do not use esfs unless nc they use libs or valks or ground even when i try to run away i am chased down by one until they kill me.
  15. DarkStarII

Just make sure you have something ready for the inevitable salt.
    • Up x 1
  16. TheZetifate1745

I dont have that many friends that use esfs so its kinda jard but i can get like 4-5 friends max.
  17. Tankalishious

What server are you on?
  18. TheZetifate1745

Emerald the air game bad except in nc where they zerg reavers.
  19. Direlithe

I know exactly what you're going through. It's worse picking up a plane when you're high BR, I started flying in my BR80s and people expect me to be good. The best advice I can give is start early, develop a pain tolerance, stay near the other planes, and don't give up :)
  20. dreyone

It's one of the latest new "features" daybreak introduced with their updates and by inviting the asian cancer swarm onto the US servers. You can thank Daybreak for this awesome new "feature"