RIP Planetside. PTS update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Villanuk, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Liewec123

thats true, i just thought by "vehiclepocalypse" you meant vehicles were going to suck :p
    • Up x 1
  2. FieldMarshall

2012: RIP Planetside
    2013: RIP Planetside
    2014: RIP Planetside
    2015: RIP Planetside
    2016: RIP Planetside
    2017: RIP Planetside
    etc.
    • Up x 1
  3. LaughingDead

Vehicle balance is being thrown out the window mind you, slower TTKs on other vehicles, increased dps of rocket launchers, some of these resistances have yet to be balanced but expecting change on things that feel completely unfair as a tank is generally a waste of time. Still have the "fun interaction" bricks, that can be tossed from 80 meters up, tankbuster seeing you is generally a death sentence if not just pelting you with any lib bellygun, etc.

Still believe tanks will be used less but I was just pointing out that making HE a second AP just shows that this isn't the way to go.
  4. Rydenan

• Vanguard from worst tank -> worstest tank.
    le sigh.
    • Up x 2
  5. CNR4806

• Up x 1
  6. Eranorz

7. Eranorz

Buffing HE rounds to be nearly equal to AP against armor is absurd.

Nerfing the dalton against armor is laughable, but hardly surprising. It recalls when Higby himself went on a lib-nerf campaign for the sole reason that he kept getting dunked in his Vanguard. :D

Nerfing the dalton to where it only sets an ESF to burning is the single dumbest change I've seen yet. 0 point to using the dalton now, much like hornets after they nerfed them a few months ago.

Nerfing the prowler reload speed because "it had the benefit of double barrel anyway" is a clueless perspective: the truth is that having to hit two shots often takes more skill than a single AP shell. More to the point, the DPS potential was the ONLY advantage the prowler had over the other two MBTs. The vanguard shield nerf is the one good thing I've seen, assuming it was enough.

Anyone who has actually ever tanked knows what an innate advantage a magrider has over other tanks; it can simply choose to "not die now" and afterburn away, come back and rinse repeat if it goes under half health. By the same token, it's impossible to escape a pursuing mag due to said afterburners. After this patch I predict the magrider will outmatch the other tanks even more severely than before due to survivability and DPS nerfs to the other two MBTs.

And finally, nerfing tanks so that a direct hit with a shell doesn't kill infantry is mouth-breathing, cup-drooling RE-tar-ded, period.

Anyone who argues otherwise is a silly twerp who probably spends very little time in vehicles to begin with and likely stands to gain from these changes as infantry.

I quit PS2 two months ago because I could see the writing on the wall for vehicles. I told all my friends after the last patch with the thermal and hornet nerfs to "wait and see, tanks and libs will be next". I hate being right sometimes :(

Looks like I uninstalled at the perfect time. Just sad that such a revolutionary game was ruined by a cadre of incompetent devs who make balance decisions on the personal bias and prejudices of such a small group who frankly don't even seem to play and know incredibly little about their own game.

The whole "infantryside" cliche was amusing to a lot of us, but that's exactly what it is really, it's not an exaggeration. These pathetic attempts at whitewashing constant nerfs by by calling them things like an "iterative process" and "combined arms initiative" just make me lose what shred of respect I had left for DB.

Like the saying goes, "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

Anyways, RIP. Good luck to those of you who are willing to stick around and take the abuse.

-Eranorz
    • Up x 1
  8. pnkdth