The EMP will be completely useless

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DIGGSAN0, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Demigan

Since no one ever listens to you the amount of "everybody" who wore these implants all the time is going to be around zero.

The game I'm playing is PS2, against anyone from another faction I run across.

They are nerfing it now because the devs are doing broad strokes to reduce the power and effectiveness of things that needed changing for a loooong time.

And why should I go with my guild to a barely populated spawn? Maybe you practice spawncamping with a Zerg, but I don't.
  2. CuteBeaver

Thanks pretty much summed it up nicely. If anyone is curious technical guide for Fujin is found here. (Yes Fujin is actually silent. Detection range is 1m. So anything beyond your character model wont see the ping on the mini map just as an FYI) LaughingDead your spot on about Heavies. You know your stuff. My mind initially skipped to the crossbow and how synergy with EMP for clearing rooms will be affected. A well placed Fujin could re-enable some of that potency and mean life or death when it comes to taking down enemies quickly. I'm actually intrigued more then anything about these changes. FWIW Power Knives have basically overtaken bolt knife combo now any way in terms of effectiveness. Considering the accuracy needed crossbow shot + fujin follow up on a target thats already lined up is sounds hella fun.
  3. DeadlyOmen

EMP is the only weapon that is modeled correctly.

One can reasonably imagine that all of the things an EMP affects have some sort of electrical operation.

Certing EMP shielded gear may be a good option.