Do the Terrans and Vanu ever fight each other?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Callsign-YukiMizuki, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Callsign-YukiMizuki

Greetings people of Auraxis, another fresh meat shield out of spawning room here with a question, probably a dumb one at it too but;
    Do the Terrans and Vanu ever fight?

Well, of course they do but how much do the Terrans and Vanu fight each other? I play on Briggs as a Rebel scum, but based on my experience and perspective, BOTH TR and VS seems to be ganging up against NC. I notice battles between the two from time to time whenever I respawn, but those two factions seems to be focused on the NC. Idk what it's like on the other sides or if there's some politics going on outside of the game but battles, on Briggs at least feel very much like NC vs TR/VS
  2. MaDiv

No, we don't like fights that need skillz. 1137
  3. pnkdth

Most of the time it feels like this. It is a question of perspective since it will always be 2v1 from whichever faction you play. They could be fighting both factions with even number, however, we're talking humans here with a lot of different goals.

Most commonly most people will gather around the best fights rather than any other objective. Then you must also factor in what people think it is a good fight. Which continent they prefer. What vehicle, if any, do they want to use. The result is anything but consistency.
    • Up x 2
  4. Demigan

You are seeing it from one perspective, so any enemy that you see is likely looking in your direction and shooting you or your allies. You cant see the 5 guys of another faction they killed, you cant see the fight between the two other factions a little way off.

Almost every player at one point thinks they are being double teamed regardless of their faction. Look at the map often and check how many battles are taking place between each faction and how many players are involved, you'll see that it randomly shifts all the time. Also use a Stalker+stealth flash to look at how a battle progresses, and you'll see the NC accidentally double-teamung someone else as much as it gets double teamed.
  5. TR5L4Y3R

6. rasak

7. Meserion

On emerald is actually NC and TR ignore each other and go after VS. VS underpopped on Emerald server, so yeah makes sense.
    • Up x 1
  8. LaughingDead

Everyone kills everyone. All sides see it as not fighting the other enuf.
    • Up x 1
  9. MonnyMoony

Well - my kill board reads 12,962 TR kills and 12,712 NC kills - so take from that what you will.
  10. LaughingDead

Mine is
    NC:
    60% TR, 40% VS
    TR:
    68% VS, 32% NC
    VS:
    48% NC, 52% TR

Tbh, Idk why I was fighting so much VS on TR, or TR on NC, it generally comes down to "who wants some", I don't attack often because I don't squad often, so I just go for defenses.
  11. Direlithe

I can say with certainty that on Genudine, TR and VS don't really fight each other--that is unless it matters and there's an alert or continent lock at stake, or they're stalemating at a base like a Biolab or Amp station. Lots of times, when NC is finally warpgated is when the other factions notice each other, or TR is busy zerging NC territory that VS simply takes advantage of that. There are some exceptions to this, but the overall win percentages in my server

[IMG]
    are sure to help justify my observations. (If you can point out what's obviously happening on all servers, you deserve a cookie).

Mind you, NC is the mostly~ overpop faction on Genudine, followed by TR, with VS coming in last (this is according to population graphs). The NC on Briggs appears to be suffering a similar fate(albeit worse), so I am very sympathetic to your plight.
    • Up x 2
  12. FieldMarshall

Yes. Yes they do.

What you are experiencing is something called confirmation bias which seems pretty common in PS2.
    • Up x 2
  13. Crash Bandicoot

In Cobalt VS and NC both fight mainly against TR most of the time...
  14. BartasRS

Yesterday for some time both TR and NC focused on VS for a while until we pushed back both, still my score shows nearly equal kill count for TR and NC.

Besides... there is always that lone VS sniper in NC/TR fight so that counts as fighting TR, right?
  15. Insignus

Reposting this as explanatory per NC victory ratio

NC
    Pros:

You have the most effective faction flavor of all the factions.
    You are the front-faced faction of the entire game, ideally suited to attracting impressionable new players, particularly English Speaking westerners, because FREEDOM!

Cons:

You attract primarily Newbs and English Speaking Westerners. Life imitates art.
    Your faction flavor has no cohesiveness to it and neither does your faction's outfits.
    You are repeatedly referred to as Smurfs a la "Shotty Smurf" "Tomahawk Smurf" "Blamey Smurf" "Shieldy Smurf" This is not helped by your official faction anthem
    A total lack of cohesiveness, combined with an influx of newbs and a general belief that the faction flavor is incapable of providing adequate force multiplication mean that all smurfs travel in squad strength or above, resulting in zergs.
  16. Bearded Wall

Every single DAY I deal with this as a connery tr.

It's very simple.

STOP TAKING THE CENTER OF THE ******* MAP.

Everyday I watch the TR take the center of the map, reduce the Vs/nc lattice lines down to 2 bases then wonder why we get pushed up the 10 lattice links we have.

If you keep giving the enemy only your bases to take... then they wont fight anyone else.
  17. Insignus

Ask, and ye shall receive:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/66muap/now_voting_on_measure_94764_motion_for_the/
    We all agree that the Crown needs to go. Or get some modification.

But alas, some members of our faction simply can't get it through their heads that fighting at the crown ultimately accomplishes nothing. Its a mostly un-cappable cheese base.

Last time I did it, I think we had to ghost and feint people into a bio-lab fight, melt off of that and smash redeploy into pre-positioned sundies that we used to lock them in the tower and cheese them with vehicles. Even then, they were pulling off TI and we were losing sundies at an alarming rate.

When command chat is running, I generally advocate ignoring it or completely cutting it off.
  18. Problem Officer

Go play VS Emerald and cry.
  19. Icehole1999

I have MAX envy because the NC super suits make me feel inferior.

However I enjoy killing VS the most because I look at their outfits and the spandex foolishness is too much for me. I derive a certain macabre satisfaction from watching them die.
  20. Lord_Mogul

On Miller it's NC and VS that rarely seem to fight each other and rather warpgate TR.
    So it seems to be a little server specific who is getting doubleteamed.
    (Some months ago the quiet frontlines were different gtw, seems to chage after some time)