remove invisible scouts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoothers, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Hoothers

remove invisible scouts
    invisible+ knife =cod coward
    ty
  2. rasak

Darklight flashlight might help, though you will have to give up either foregrip or laser sight for it.
  3. Campagne

There are plenty of more cowardly things in PS2 than stalkers with knives you know. :p
  4. TheSheriff

As a truly terrible player I can actually contribute by using my maxed out cloaky sneaky super power to do something useful, like hacking stuff, spotting sundys, placing mines and executing some stationary fools.
    This strategy fails always (eventually) and despite my years of dedication I can always be found (even if I suspect the finder of using an ESP like software enhancement) and I will gracefully accept my re-spawn screen.
  5. SquirtAttack

Hah! I'm with you. That is the only way I can really contribute. My kills per minute has got to be abysmal. But at least I stay alive a little longer by being a stalker.
  6. Liewec123

yes, the cowards that restrict themselves to using melee weapons in a game were people can kill you in less than half a second from 50m away with 90% of the weapons in the game :p
    • Up x 9
  7. VeryCoolMiller

To be honest I also feel quite toxic all these units invisible stealthed and cloaked.
    Invisibility stealth should be belong to non combat units (deployed sunderer is fine ).

Invisibility is hard to balance. In this game cloak and stealth are destroying the gameplay in small medium fights.
    All skilled esf pilot simply fly at high altitude watching noob trying interact with ground target, and farm them.
    Infitrators , that were really weak at release , now are on top of the killing chart, destroying any outdoor fight and popping out at close range with a SMG.

The invisibility effect at low details is barely visible and the tradeoff of the dark light (give your own position to find an infiltrator) isn’t particularly rewarding.

Instead of reduce the importance of the stealth / cloak mechanic with the last patch you inserted another implant to increase furthermore the number of cloaked units.... I don't think that this will help new players at all or the gameplay in general, that is becoming always more camping and waiting.

Invisibility always involve in a toxic gameplay where the experienced player abuse this power and camp less experienced player.

In my opinion this problem need to be handled
  8. Eternaloptimist

Did someone just get killed by a cloaked (they're not invisible) planetman who he allowed to get close enough to kill him with cutlery? Just askin' :)
  9. Xebov

Its not fine at all. The problem is that cloaking adds additional technical issues to the table and puts the enemy always on a disadvantage. Cloaked Sudnerers where designed because noone protects there Sunderers so they added them to keep combat going. They add more harm than good to be honest.

In an ideal world cloaking would be removed or reworked, but i have my doubt that it will ever be touched at all. Its like the Heavy Shield, you have a palyer base that pays money and its the balance vs pissed customers game.
  10. DarkStarAnubis

As much as I hate to be killed by an Infiltrator and I enjoy nothing more than killing an infiltrator, either by seeing him despite the cloak or placing a bouncing betty exactly where an infiltrator would go and waiting for the loud "Bang!" or engaging a sniper duel with an LMG, if I am killed by a puny Infiltrator despite max overshield and full nanoweave armor I have made a mistake, it is as simple as that.

You CAN see cloaked Infiltrator.

Despite the rage they may procure, they help noob players -like me- to get better. Just remember to be kind to them and pay them homage with your LMG whenever you can.
    • Up x 2
  11. Hegeteus

In my very long experience of Planetside 2, cloakers are far more often the targets of toxicity rather than the instigators of it(ESPECIALLY by their opposite rival, heavy assault)

You know nothing of toxicity until you play as a cloaker yourself and get to a point where enemy players from the village idiot all the way to elite players spam caustic private messages(of which I have a large gallery if anyone wants to lolligag...) and smear your name over the yell chat when you dare to show your face somewhere("Oh look, the mag-scatter ****** is here"). This is not something that happens when you take the statistically stronger heavy assault and follow the same path as vast majority of top players

Biggest contributor to toxicity is this gap that people are wedging between different classes and their primary users
  12. Kristan

git gud
    ty

PS If some stalker catches me with a knife I admit the effort. It's cheeky, but spices up gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  13. VeryCoolMiller

sorry but no... I disagree with you guys. Invisibility , cloak or stealth is a bad mechanics for this game.

You probably love to plat infitlrator, and i accept that, but the risk / effort to play an infiltrator (or an harrasser or any tank with stealth , or esf or lib ) is simply too low compared to the reward you achieve.

Invisibility /cloak / stealth is a toxic mechanic and cannot be countered but using the same mechanic.

The only way to counter an infiltrator is to play an another infiltrator.

the only way to counter a stealth harrasser is to play another stealth harrasser .

Stealth / cloak at the moment is too strong, and need to be rebalanced for offensive units.

Sadly we don't have any RECENT data to analyse to proof my statement , but i have been playing since beta (with a lost account during pro sieben migration ) and i noticed how cloak / stealth has affected the game play, and this feature is simply bad (in my opinion ) for new players and gameplay in general.

git gud is something that only another infiltrator player can say to protect a toxic gameplay... there is no counter to your playstyle, as there is no gameplay to counter a max indoor (maybe another max... ) . I like this game, and this i something that need to be addressed ,
  14. Kristan

What?!

To counter infiltrators you should look around for distortions, which are clearly seen if infil is moving. Also you can hear them, they fart really loud. And it takes 100 certs to install a god damn flashlight to your pistol to find and kill them. If any of this didn't save you, that means infiltrator outwitted you and that's his win and your loss. Admit it and deal with it.
    • Up x 6
  15. VeryCoolMiller

sorry i disagree again. The distortion is barely visible at low details. Installing a darklight on a secondary gun doesn't give you a counter, give you a chance, and you pay this chance giving up your position to an invisible unit that can easily move behind you, uncloak , and kill you using the normal latency.

Footstep has been nerfed years ago (if i remeber correclty one yar after the release of the game)... and since the nerf i have never been spotted from a chased player on the rumor of my footsteps

in europe i ping 50 ms to the server
    the server latency in europe is 50 ms

this is 100 ms

average reaction time of a human is around 200 ms (250 ms to be more precise, but let's assume that every planetside player is better than the average human population).

assuming that everyone in europe ping 50 ms to the server (that is an optimistic assumption ) it means that from the moment you uncloak and start to fire, your enemy must wait 200 (average reaction time ) + 150 ms (server ping + latency time +server ping to your enemy ) = 350 ms

remember that hit detection is made client side in planetside 2

considering most smg kill in nearly 500 ms and you always have a clean shot , because you can decide the engage, you have an unfair advantage.

I'm not against cloaked units, i think that planetside 2 realized a really good gfx effect to represent them.... but in the current implementation , in the current meta, cloaked units are too efficient and running around with a dark light is not an effective counter.

sorry but in current implementation, stealthed and cloaked units are unfair and need a rebalance.
  16. Pat22

One a semi-related note. Vehicle cloaking should not act as cloaking, stealth and flares all in one.
    Sundies excluded.
    • Up x 1
  17. LordKrelas

Low detail.. barely visible...
    That is still visible enough, add in sound, and shooting in the general direction results in said infil either de-cloaking, dying or running.
    The darklight highlights all infils in its beam, which while cloaked, means they can't shoot but are the easiest targets under it.
    Add in a commie, with said light, and that's generally a pretty dead infil.
    Do recall, they have less health.

So, since the cloaked infantry must wait for the cloak to vanish, after getting in range, and fire an SMG into you, they are efficient?
    The bugger cloaks once, and every hearing-capable person knows an infil is around.

A Darklight, prevents the ability to get close.
    Eye-sight, and blind luck both allow ease of killing the cloaked infantry man with less health, well before they can even decloak.

I make it a sport to hunt cloaked infiltrators, many whom idiotically stand still in the middle of the terrain after being shot.

It dies to land mines, bullets, vehicles running them over, knives, can't fire while cloaked, makes louder than hell sound, and are visible to a degree at range even.
    The Cloaking ANT is a far more dangerous thing than an SMG infil.
    A Infil Bolter, is far more likely to be lethal reliably than an SMG.

Like the counter to an Infil, isn't an Infil:
    It's any rifle, any darklight, any vehicle, a grenade... a shotgun even.
    Like I don't call that efficient, when you maybe get 1 kill per infil life like that.
    Cloaked ANTs? Aircraft maybe.

As well, just for humor: In order for an Infil to decide to engage, they must first find a target before being spotted.
    And if cloaked, ensure to de-cloak before the opponent notices them, or be unable to fire at all during the higher-health opponent's gunfire.
    • Up x 1
  18. Violence777

Obvious troll is obviously trolling.
    try harder.
    • Up x 1
  19. Nakor

Cloakers are annoying because they exploit the ****** TTK and netcode problems in this game, which VeryCoolMiller explained pretty well. However they aren't particularly hard to counter, you just have to do it.

Complaining about the darklight being ineffective is silly because it's only one part of the toolset you need to wreck infils. You need one, ONE guy with a recon dart spamming them everywhere. Guess what. Now they aren't hidden anymore and you can hunt them down and squish them because you have superior CQC weapons and more hitpoints.

Yes there will always be some ignorant waste of oxygen in a corner with stalker wasting everyone's time. Ignore his ***, clean out the rest and move on. If he's REALLY persistent 2 or 3 people can sit on whatever objective he's abusing to keep him off it. Ideally an infil, a medic and a heavy. Switch the heavy for a MAX if you really want to give him the finger.

There yah go, a general counter for the meta-**** flavor of the month.
    • Up x 1
  20. VeryCoolMiller

so to kill an infiltrator you need a squad.... sounds quite imbalanced to me...

anyway... i'm not against stealth mechanic or cloak mechanic, i simply think that it need a rebalance.

The same problem is present with ESFs that come from nowhere with stealth equipped and drop a ******** of rocket without giving any hint of their presence on the minimap.

Give the possibility to a player to learn and avoid an upcoming damage is good for the gameplay e we should encourage this gameplay, not a toxic one based on the logic "the early you hit , the easier you win". because we will end with a game of 1000 players stealthed waiting in a corner for the last noob entering in a building.