PTS update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LaughingDead, Apr 1, 2017.

1. LaughingDead

PTS will be updated later this afternoon. Here are most of the relevant changes we have made.

NSX Yumi

• Increased damage profile from 143 max damage to 150 max damage.
    • New audio profile.
    • Animation work.
    Misc. Adjustments

• Sunderer no-deploy zones now affect both attackers and defenders. Known issues: No deploy zones can disappear from sight as you approach them.
    • Infantry now gain experience for dealing damage to ground vehicles.
    Forward Station

• On Test, you will have access to a rank 1 Forward Station found in the Combat Medic's ability slot.
    • The Forward Station acts as a deployable spawn point that can be placed indoors, and regenerates the shields of nearby allies while deployed.
    • The intention of this test would be to ultimately replace the Combat Medic's Shield Recharging Field.
    Goals of this change

• To allow both attackers and defenders the ability to create footholds within a base.
    • Foster a better feeling of progress toward capturing a base.
    • Give defenders the opportunity to break out of spawn camp situations.
    • Reduce the reliance on Sunderers while inside a base, while still retaining their importance to a fight.
    • Create more opportunities to use different areas of a base, and potentially spread the fight out more often.
    Considerations

• As listed earlier, we have enabled No Deploy Zones in each base to affect both attackers and defenders, while the Forward Station ignores this restriction.
    • Sunderers will likely be defended less often by infantry spawning from them. With that in mind, we would be looking to increase the staying power of a Sunderer while in a deployed state.
    • There is a concern that this may create some whack-a-mole style gameplay, and there are many potential adjustments we can make to mitigate that.
    Some stats

• Only one can be placed, does not restock from ammo packs.
    • Currently recharges 42 health per second for this test version, but will likely be more at release.
    • Resupplying from a terminal and equipping the device will destroy your most recent pad, if it exists in the world.
    • Cannot be deployed within 75 meters of another pad of the same faction.
    • Players can respawn on the forward station within 100 meters.
    Known issues

• Minimap indicators are currently broken, but the intention would be to allow enemies and allies to see a nearby spawn tube on their minimap at all times, similar to the Infiltrator's Motion Spotter.
    • Shield recharging can take up to 5 seconds to initiate if you do not leave and re-enter the zone.
    • Placeholder model and effects.
    Facility Benefits
    Dev Note: Moving forward, we’re looking to create more consistency with vehicle usage so that players are encouraged to pull the right vehicle at the right time. Part of this effort comes from shifting cost-reduction benefits and vehicle requirement restrictions off of the Tech Plant and Continent Locking mechanics.
    As a trade-off, continents are gaining access to more defensive benefits that have mild, but distinct impacts on how you approach a base fight, depending on which faction currently owns a continent.

Tech Plant
    • No longer restrict the usage of Main Battle Tanks.
    • Owning a Tech Plant now allows players to call down a stock Flash ATV using the Waypoint system. Dev Note: This is still a rough implementation of this feature, but having the ability to summon logistics opens doors in a number of different areas in the future.
    Amp Station
    • No longer increases heat efficiency for base turrets.
    Continent Lock Benefits
    Amerish
    • No longer reduces infantry consumable costs.
    • Now allows base generators to slowly regenerate health while destroyed.
    Indar
    • No longer reduces air vehicle costs.
    • Now increases heat efficiency for base turrets (previously an Amp Station benefit.)
    Esamir
    • No longer reduces ground vehicle costs.
    • Capture points at connected bases you own now regenerate infantry shields over time.

My thoughts:
    .... Welp, what did I expect, less vehicle interaction, looks like medics will be able to respawn people and for some ******* reason, sunderers will get more staying power later. Considering the last time the sunderer got a buff, it got 500 extra HP in retaliation to light assaults killing them easily, which also means that tanks would have to cut through 500 more HP with resistance values. Following that trend, it looks like tanks few roles of killing opposing spawn points is going to be less evident.

Not to mention, the idea is so that players can create footholds with the medic, but defenders being unable to break out of a camp. Which is hilarious because I thought we were supposed to use vehicles for that, clearing lanes and holds with ESFs and MBT HE rounds literally calling in air raids and bombardment, but **** me right?

Also, no more nanite reductions. So less....vehicles....right... Sure, chain winning for a decent buff was eh and that kind of gave the game a pseudo flow, but the idea of more reasons to fight shouldn't come from the over 5k hour cert farm that is this game. These benefits, aren't worth fighting for, why not make them base or even something like a mega vehicle or something actually cool and fun to worth with, this is literally base maintenance if you win, if you don't engies get certs, big freakin woop.

Someone tell me what's the point of vehicles again, I'm really starting to lose interest with the game now.
    • Up x 3
  2. Kristan

That spawn thing doesn't sound right, unless it's gonna take at least 20 seconds to respawn on it. Otherwise they will be flooded with troops without a chance to break through to it and to destroy it.

Capturing Tech Plants in order... to call down stock Flashes?... This is ridiculous. Whoever brought this idea needs to have a break from smoking weed.

...catapult on Tech Plant that launches Flashes... for f*ck's sake!...
    • Up x 1
  3. Endlave

I am happy they buffed MBTs so that they can be purchased everywhere regardless of Tech Plant acquisition, but replacing the bonus with a stock Flash2Go sounds worthless. And so the last meaningful facility benefit eventually gets removed so that the endless zerging over one becomes even more meaningless.

I am also sad that the continental locking rewards got replaced. I enjoyed 50% off resources for infantry and vehicles. The new benefits seem lackluster to me. Especially considering that one of them got the boring Amp station reward which was the most useless reward in the game since forever.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kdog559

For reals who ever thought of the tech plant calling down stock flashes? They make it sound like they are calling the holy flash of all flashes with a big o orbital strike attached to it.I mean come on the tech plant is worth defending and fighting for. Now people are going to be like "Meh" and look the other way and not even bother. Such a shame DEVS are going backwards. Quit trying to be soooo creative by switching things up that have already been put in place and come up with new ideas and create balance and fun.This is stupid.
  5. Kristan

Wait on... Are those flashes gonna fall from the sky? Does that mean I could call it in on the group of the enemy troops? Oh boi!
    • Up x 1
  6. DIGGSAN0

So here are my two stealth notes...

When you stand Afk like for an half minute...your character does actually look at his weapon...pretty nice

and the Crossbow has a HUGE FOCKING Recoil....like it's a Boulderthrowing Catapult...
  7. LodeTria

• Up x 1
  8. Kristan

9. Cyropaedia

Wow. Updated continent and large base benefits are horrible! This might actually kill the game (little incentive to win continents). Vehicle game will die and so will the game itself.
  10. adamts01

Overall this is cool. Hopefully the no deploy zone for medics will be huge, so you're not fighting guys coming from nowhere all around you. Removing vehicle cost bonus is AWESOME!!! Especially with aircraft. Tanks were never such a big deal because they were out of a fight long enough due to travel time, but aircraft were just spammed to no end. Fewer but tougher Sunderers is good. Calling down flashes is pretty stupid and worthless.
    • Up x 4
  11. SixNineFour

I like all the changes. Next let us call in heavy tanks and airships with the waypoint system (tied to construction maybe).
  12. adamts01

MPTs out of thin air would be OP. Default Lightnings or Basilisk Harassers might be just about right for a continent lock. Maybe a stock Valk. As long as they're not certed and have default weapons then none of those are too terrifying.
  13. SixNineFour

I wasn't talking about Main Pattle? Tanks. I meant heavy tanks, like the Colossus, spawned by waypoint system. Obviously it should have other requirements. Proximity to a base or constructible and high resource cost.

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  14. LordKrelas

That. Is a damn nice tank.

And a damn good reason to bother with the Tech plant.
    Perhaps add a limit to the number available to field, controlled by # of tech plants controlled?
    (Could be abused, but could help prevent just spamming them even with resource costs)
    • Up x 1
  15. ZephyrBurst

Look what day it is.
  16. Kristan

Was posted on PTS forum section at 31.03.2017, so kinda no joke here.
  17. Okjoek

I'm curious how this medic forward station will develop. Somewhere between spawn beacons and sunderers? Could be interesting.
  18. ZephyrBurst

Flashes falling from the sky. Medics spawning in allies. What is even the 150 damage profile? The humorous dev note about no-deploy zones disappearing when you get close.
    • Up x 1
  19. pnkdth

But fun! Instead of redeploying, why not arrive doing a 360 back flip and explode spectacularly? =D
    • Up x 1
  20. FieldMarshall

I just tried the new mobile spawnpoint on the PTS and it seems pretty interesting.
    Especially when deployed on the roof above the Biolab generator room as an attacker (which is pretty easy to get to with Catlike 5).
    It reminds me of the Router from Planetside 1 (except you dont need a vehicle attached to it).

Hopefully it will help break stalemate fights.
    If nothing else, it should at least make the flow of battle more interesting.
    • Up x 4