Buy Membership, dont be Disappointed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by stalkish, Mar 31, 2017.

1. stalkish

With all the changes that are being made on a constant basis its hard for me to justify spending daybreak cash on any 1 specific item.
    Theres currently players moaning about spending £$s on implants that have now been changed, before that thermals, etc etc.
    With every change there is a chance that the item you purchased with real money (£$>DBC>item) will become worthless to you and therefore feel like a con, or fell like youve been ripped off.

So its my suggestion that if you want to put some £$ in to the game do so with a membership. You get 500DBC with your initial membership purchase so you get to buy that item youve been eyeing (you might have to wait another month if its an expensive one), and you also get XP gain, resource boost, que priority, char slots, fav slots, and most important of all, you dont get the feeling that youve been ripped off if something gets nerfed because you didnt specifically purchase that item with your £$s.

I think this is the best way to avoid angst from the changes made by the devs, adjusting to a new 'meta' is fine, but if you feel youve paid to be part of the old meta, only for it to be changed youll feel hard done by.

Hope i explained my thoughts well enough there!
    • Up x 3
  2. Kristan

Amen to that.
  3. Baronetta

Speaking of resource boost... which is currently broken after the latest patch, makes me really uncomfortable right now. I actually have to watch my res now, can´t handle it! :confused:
  4. nsf

Oh, I thought it's only me. Good to know that it's just a bug. Reported it also via in-game UI, hopefully they'll fix it.
  5. Pelojian

don't forget if you buy a year's worth is comes to around $120 so you are effectively paying $10 a month and you are getting 500DBC each month to save up when there is something worth buying and you are consistently supporting game development.
  6. Beerbeerbeer

It's pointless. Don't buy one after the crap they pulled. It's not worth it. Shaving five minutes off a month-long grind means squat.

Fk them for purposely taking away crap we already have to entice people to join. All they're doing is pissing people like me off who are already subscribers. I'm not a member to shorten the grind, I'm a member to support this game. Don't fkinh dangle sht like this as an enticement, negating any semblance of what we fkinh members have already put into this game.
    • Up x 2
  7. Ragnarox

I would give 5$ to a homeless man than support this ****** game.
    • Up x 1
  8. Towie

Wow there's some salty folk around - I gladly spend £8.99 a month to support a game I really enjoy (it's virtually the only game I ever play). There are plenty of shortcomings but still nothing quite like it out there...
  9. Eternaloptimist

I have a F2P account and a membership account. The difference is enormous. Definitely better to subscribe imo
  10. Kristan

[IMG]
  11. zeroxpain

Well i would spend som if they rolled back since before the thermal nerf or gave me back the many many dbc and certs that i pored into thermals but when i asked them they bascially told me to go **** myself yeah they deserve my money
  12. Liewec123

it does seem ironic posting "buy membership, don't be disappointing!" today,

75 resources per minute? not working.
    bonus xp? not working.
    membership is currently borderline useless and DBG don't seem to be in a hurry to hotfix it.

they also don't seem in a hurry to fix bugs like libs and gals spawning upside down.
    which should be TOP priority.

they DO however have the time to remove all of your implants and then encourage you to gamble real money to get a shadow of what you had before.

i'm usually a calm fellow, but yep, today i'm salty,
    my membership is doing nothing, my vehicles are spawning upside down and implants have became a cashgrab gamblefest.
    today hasn't been fun, its been frustrating.
    • Up x 3
  13. OldCuban

As a player who's been subbed since day one I have to add one thing.......for the first time in years, I'm actually considering cancelling my membership because of how bad the new implant system is.

All they did was find a way to implement the loot crates you can buy in H1Z1. It's a cash cow over there, so some braniac accountant likely forced the devs to come up with a way to add it to PS2. Just wait till the PS2 community as a whole gets wind of just how low a chance ( under 1% ) they have if they want to roll the dice and get one of the rare implants.

Going forward all we're going to see is the devs adding new ways for them to generate cash, and once in a while fixing a bug here and there.

Imho, what they should do is allow subscribers full access to all the implants at their first tier. Which they would lose access to if their sub ran out. Because as it stands, it's pointless to have a subscription.
    • Up x 1
  14. stalkish

You all seem to be in the catergory of 'this game is not worth my money'.
    Thats a perfectly fine stance to take, you're entitled to play it for free and of course not contribute. (or cancel your memberships fi you feel its no longer worth it)

I was referring to the players who have decided to pay, the ones who are thinking, 'i think ill buy that gun' and therefore buy dabreak cash specifically for that gun, only to see it nerfed and for them to be left feeling ripped off.
    If they are thinking of putting money into the game, the least painful thing to do is buy a membership as you dont just get 1 item that can be changed, you get a whole host of benefits for the month, plus you probably can also buy that item you were eyeing with the 500 dbc.

Im not talking about bugs, or balance, or how you feel burnt-out or ********. Im talking to the players who perhaps have only just started playing, or maybe players whove been around for a while and feel like contributing to their fav game and are wondering the best way of doing it.

You can argue whether you think the membership is worth it, of course there are many points of view for that, but thats not what this thread is about. Its about reducing the feeling of being conned in an ever changing MMOFPS game.
  15. DirArtillerySupport

Playing for free means not feeling ripped off.
    • Up x 1