Why did this hotfix require being pushed during primetime?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HittingSmoke, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Exitus Acta Probat

The world does not begin at your borders:rolleyes:

The company is in the Pacific time zone, it is not prime time in their zone.
  2. D4sH4

fair enough - but back in the day they did it earlier. maybe they are getting lazy?
    • Up x 1
  3. andret

In any case, being it a hotfix, or a larger patch, there are better times to it in the European prime time ;)

It is entirely possible to time this to suite both the US plebs (Who apparently believe only US citizens are playing)
    and us Europeans, (who like to complain a lot - Especially about Center of Universe minded US plebs | While harboring the same attitude in regards of our self ;) ).

TL;DR - It is amazing the game still gets updates! It is getting old after all, and it is extremely pleasing to come back after several years of downtime, and still finding a game managing to stay fresh for so long!
  4. Exitus Acta Probat

Is it a EU based company?

Which time zone sees the most use?

Where does most of their money come from?

They should use that as a criteria, and the "plebs" on the short end of the stick can just suck it up:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  5. Maxterminator

" Our maintenance is running longer than anticipated due to an issue. We don't have an ETA at this time. "
  6. andret

Well, as for PC servers, it seems to be 2 European, 1 US east, and 1 US west, and one Australian Server.
    If you includes PS 4 servers, there are 2 servers for EU, and 2 not marked with a location code.

This could indicate that there are 4 European servers, and up to 4 US servers, and one Australian server.

This does indicate fairly well that the player load is balanced when it comes to US and EU. Which means server update boils down to convenience. And in such case, I would try to put an update somewhat before EU primetime, to make sure one are stepping on as few toes as possible.

In any case, it does not matter :D Update! YAY!11one
  7. Towie

'Primetime' is relative to where you are in the World - this is NOT primetime for US, where (presumably) DBG are based.

Personally i'd have been happier with a change slot 4 hours ago. Ok this would have been Russian prime time - but - i've got over it already ;)
  8. blindsniper1

The most important time zone is mine. People in the UK should get put first because we play the game much better and are generally more skilled. People from the USA really cannot aim at anything. They cannot even hit a max with a prowler at 50 yards. I am hoping in the next patch all UK players get permanent cloak no matter what class, as a way of appreciation to the more skilled players. I think it would be a good idea actually to cloak all tanks and esfs. Bases should also be cloaked when under severe attack from any vanu. Not NC because they cant hit anything anyway. In fact, in order to make the game much better for everyone why not cloak the whole fxxxing continent. That way when we log on we cannot actually find anything, so that result in logging off and getting on with our lives. I hope my ideas can be utilized for the good of mankind.
  9. Kdog559

They did this patch us "US" can have dibs on it first while the rest of the world has to sleep!
  10. Ragnarox

Don't worry downtime will be 24h cause hamster servers.
  11. Lord_Avatar

We can't play the game for a few hours! There is no other thing we might possibly do with our time! It's a DISASTER! :rolleyes:
  12. Towie

I like to think of it as 'Plexit' ;) I understand there's a 50bn euro bill but hey, that cloak slot is virtually guaranteeing my £8.99
  13. fulmar

Man, I don't know if I can handle this.. hear me out.

Been here since 2012 or whenever
    Had a bork PC for most of that time averaging 10fps with my Athlon 64x2
    Bought a 1050ti a few weeks ago and an i7 4770
    Literally getting owned all the time
    Did better with old PC, not enjoying ro feel motivated to play PS2
    Feel motivated today
    Getting update
    Still getting update
    Bought beer
    Starting to ****post all over the place
  14. Kdog559

You just suck. Im just kidding. But seriously maybe its your aim? Or you just felt like your old PC is your friend?