VS need remake

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Power tester, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Power tester

VS requires a remake

We want a clearer team color for VS. TR has a faster fire rate, NC has a high attack and deffense. But, VS doesn't have a clear team color. We nead a major remake with VS. To give one tip, the team color of VS is that it does not have recoil, it has a fast fire rate and has flammable bullets. Give either Lasher X2 or PPA bullet to MAX from VS.
  2. JonnyBlue

VS Max could do with a buff to ZoE but that's about it everything else is fine , VS just need the numbers when they have them they are just as effective as other factions.

What VS does need is a complete makeover cosmetic wise imho space age guns and spandex is a big turn off for some people who like to look a bit more macho:p
  3. TR5L4Y3R

macho look should be on NC ..
    VS is all about being a alienloving cult .. they have to look weird ..
    • Up x 1
  4. JonnyBlue

That's my point they wont attract new players with that choice.

Join TR , Get a free poster of Putin learn how to goosestep and crush you enemy's .

Join NC , Become a beacon of hope fight for freedom learn how to TK you friends in new and exciting ways.

Join VS , Become a religious nutter wearing spandex and wielding toy guns.....

Hmm choices choices....
  5. Pikachu

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  6. Pikachu

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  7. RobotNinja

You don't need to re-post the exact same thread in multiple forum boards.

Also, the VS "color" isn't that they have no recoil. They have no bullet drop, save for a few exceptions including bolt rifles. I have no idea what you mean by "flammable bullets." The VS uses energy weapons but they're no different than any other bullet in the game. They don't set enemies on fire.
  8. TR5L4Y3R

hey i always was a nutter wielding nerfguns, sooo :p
  9. Power tester

I mean Lasher X2 and ppa bullets
  10. Demigan

I don't think they need a remake. VS has always been the most accurate faction.
    While many of their weapons are bland, weapons like the Orion, Saron, Lancer and Spiker follow these traits to the T. Not only is the Orion accurate while ADS, it has practically Carbine hipfire accuracy. Weapons like the Saron and Spiker might require a bit of trigger discipline, but they are amongst the most accurate weapons.

At best you could add to the faction. NC for example is also pretty bland. Extra armor and more damage per shot... But the extra armor is only on their tank and on the MAX shield ability, and the higher damage is offset by a similar DPS at the end result and thus a higher punishment for misses. Even though the NC according to the lore should be about weapons that are put together from the everyday equipment they were forced to work with. The MAX suit being the prime example, where the NC invented the MAX by repurposing heavylifter/mining equipment suits by simply grafting some weapons on the arms and slamming armor on top.

The VS, on the other hand, is more of an high-tech experimental faction, even if the high-tech might not be that effecient at first glance. Taking a look at the Lasher here for example, or the usage of Plasma, and anti-gravity. So if you are going to add to the faction, go that way. How about special ammunition that can bounce once when it hits a surface, but is immediately at it's maximum damage degradation after a bounce? Great for corridor fights where missed bullets come back to hit enemies in the back (or hit you and your allies in the face). How about ammo that reduces enemy movement, but only if you hit them in the legs? It's useful, but also reduces your DPS for those shots.
    As for primarily weapon traits...

NC: High damage per shot
    TR: High ROF and extra ammo
    VS: accuracy, some weapons have ammo regen removing the need for reloads

What can you add to that?
    Modifications to the weapons? So for example the VS have scopes with *gasp* different zoom levels? For balance's sake, just 2 different zoom levels per scope. NC more rail-attachments that can boost the weapons effectiveness, the TR more ammo and ROF related stuff? Such as dual-mags where you reload faster or a ROF increase modification?
    What about different fire-modes? Only one for the NC springs to mind here: A fire-mode where you fire 2 to 3 bullets in one go in a mini-shotgun pattern, as opposed to normal burst mode where you fire 2 or 3 shots in quick succession.

Here's something maybe interesting: Sustainability? The ammo-regen makes it much harder to catch someone by surprise while reloading, as the player is essentially reloading every single second he's not firing and he can interrupt the reload without penalties any time he likes. The only disadvantage is a slightly longer reload and not the ability to interrupt when you overload. You could perhaps give all VS weapons the ability to have bullets from the ammopool slowly reload the weapon whenever it's not in use.
    Example: You have 25 out of 30 bullets in your magazine, and you have 100 bullets left in your ammopool. Every second 2 bullets from your ammopool move into your magazine. You don't regen ammo, you can still reload normally and you don't "reload" as fast as regen weapons but you also don't suffer from the increased reload when you empty the magazine. That's a pretty good advantage to have and can fit the lore because the VS use plasma.
    • Up x 2
  11. BrbImAFK

Since you're another of these "post the same thread all over the forums", I'll just post my reply here as well...

I'm not going to argue that the VS need work (to make them more appealing) and to actually define some faction traits for them.

That said, most of your ideas aren't great. VS doesn't have much vertical recoil in general, but it has a lot of horizontal recoil. It has decent fire rates (faster than NC, but slower than TR), so that doesn't really define anything. Flammable bullets sounds worthless to me.... with TTK's as low as they are, DoT type damage simply isn't worth the hassle, and if you're proposing mini-explosions on bullets, that sounds way OP. Finally, Lasher/PPA on MAX's doesn't sound great to me either. Splash-damage spammage is a niche-use item ability at best. I'd way rather be able to actually kill things with my MAX than spam Lasher orbs and HOPE that things die.

Sorry. Basic concept is sound, but specifics are lackluster at best.
  12. Eternaloptimist

Make the alien-loving VS look like the Borg from Star Trek NExt Generation and make their weapons sound like a roaring furnace. They look and sound weedy now. That's purely cosmetic and that's all it needs imo.

But if you want some sort of faction definitinon why not give all their infantry primaries a variable charge setting? High charge equals more damage but smaller mag and low charge the opposite. May sounf OP (it may actually be OP for all I know but it is all I can think of).

Anyone else remember when the T32 Bull had one less reload than other LMGs? Didn't sound like much but running out of ammo was a PITA on an otherwise very effective weapon due to it's high MV and versatility at various ranges.

And yes, I've said this before in another forum post but what the hell...................
  13. FateJH

Charge. Hover (even just "better hover"). Although the OP suggested it, they have two AI weapons that include splash damage and one operates on cooldown. Bullet drop (sometimes it does matter). Accuracy. Whatever the Saron is doing nowadays.
    That's the problem with VS who sell themselves as disenfranchised. They want faction flavor; but, they have to argue around the fact that they have faction flavor, arguably more faction flavor than the other empires, and in ways, with more distinctive and unshared examples; but, their real argument is that that person just don't like appreciate what they have. All he is really doing is asking that the developers add on more faction flavor that, dollars to donuts, he will invariably end up not liking.
    • Up x 1
  14. asmodraxus

Once upon a time way back when VS HAD and I do mean HAD an effective faction flavor, so did TR and so did NC

NC shotguns, more damage, shields on max units
    TR more dakka, fast firing weapons with good clip sizes, TR max's had lockdown AND an Overdrive mode
    VS, had no bullet drop (paid for by slower projectiles) and the ability to swap to an armor piercing mode which did less damage to squishies but could damage tanks, libs, galaxies etc, oh and VS max units had limited jumpjets.

No tanks had lockdown or a pos afterburner, they all could get shields.

DPS wise it was Prowler, Vanguard, Magrider
    Shot damage Vanguard, Prowler, Magrider
    Speed wise it was Magrider, Prowler, Vanguard
    Health wise it was Vannie, Prowler, Magrider
    Maneuverability, Magrider, Prowler/Vanguard

All tanks had dedicated drivers/gunners Mag did have a 15mm gun for the driver and the Prowler had a second gunner spot

Now we get a situation of the following
    NC get high damage bullets and have the most accurate (for the first shot at least) LMG, shields on Vannie (does the most damage on a shot for shot basis) and has the most effective health pool, instagib max units which aren't so hot at long range except now theres an NS weapon for that and they have access to directional shields.

TR get larger clip sizes, faster firing guns, a BS lockdown mode for the max (its not very useful) and a completely unbalanced lockdown mode for the tank.

VS get a semi useless HA weapon (lasher has the worst KPH and KPU of them all), slow projectiles (by about 50) for those no bullet drop weapons (very useful for LMG's, Carbines, Pistols, Shotguns (no wait shotguns have bullet drop now) and Assault Rifles) except for long range ones like sniper rifles (the only ones that don't are the semi auto ones, which lets just say aren't very good), the main tank cannon has the same drop as the lightning and its about as fast and the lightnings projectiles. The VS MBT has the lowest DPS of all the tanks even counting the top gun (the Sarons DPS is the lowest on average DPS) but hey that maneuverability means it can dodge shots from other tanks at ranges over 200 or is it 300m away... Its also the slowest. VS max units have a suicide mode that means they take 1 less bullet to kill their targets whilst taking 30% more damage and for a unit that has TWO guns the change in TTK is 0 for their targets whilst the time it takes to kill them is significantly lower.
    • Up x 2
  15. Eternaloptimist

I kind of agree with everything else you say but I find the XM98 to be awesome now, with no scope sway, lower recoil and the no drop feature - all of which give it amazing range. I can drop guys who are just a few pixels big in my scope (literally, their dorito is bigger than they are) and who think they are too far away to be harmed.
  16. BrbImAFK

I think you're talking about the wrong gun... XM98 most definitely DOES have scope sway, large recoil and bullet drop..... You might be thinking of the Spectre?
  17. Nody

Golden rule; start with the stuff that does not impact game play and see how that changes things around. So from that perspective update the weapon sounds to sound more, well, interesting. Make it feel like I'm shooting a big plasma cannon or a proper scifi laser rifle rather than an airsoft gun going pop pop pop.

Secondly on weapon models make them more scifi and more distinct. Today basically all weapons look the same and they need to be more unique differences between them. Add in steam blowing out from them when reloading a plasma weapon, add crystals sticking out from them in various ways to show what's large ammo/high damage (they were built from alien tech and crystals after all!) etc. Same applies to VS vehicles; why not add crystals sticking up at the back on the magrider as showing it's energy source (no hit model required) etc.

Third add a free graphic option ala the Expanse of human/armor being absorbed by crystal for people who really want to go for the crazy scifi look.

None of these adds any game balance issues but could (should?) help with drawing in players. After that yes definitely look at the known faction specific gear issues (i.e. ZoE, Spiker etc. for VS) across the board for all factions to help strengthen the different factions styles.
    • Up x 2
  18. BartasRS

I agree with you but few things have to be noted.

VS has really nice ES sniper gun - Phaseshift (after change) which doesn't really makes VS neither OP or desirable to play as infil is not the most influential or visible class out there.
    VS SASR Spectre, is really nice with BS and no bullet drop tho, as mentioned above, won't change anything in how VS is percieved by an average Joe.

No bullet drop, outside long range weapons, is meaningless and most VS BASR HAVE bullet drop so this trait as faction defining gimmick is also meaningless. IF this trait was avaliable for all weapons, including MBT main cannon, it still wouldn't change much except causing hysteria and NERF VS threads.

An interesting feature on VS weapons is heat mechanic BUT it is easily accessible only in one weapon, yes you got it, sniper rifle Phaseshift. The rest of the weapons with this nice feature are directive weapons and they got kinda nerfed recently and on top of that, like with all directive weapons, they have very limited access to accessories making them not that attractive for most players.
    Even IF heat mechanic was introduced in all VS infantry weapons it still wouldn't make much difference because most people die/respawn before they manage to use all of their ammo (except snipers, again). Still, it would cause another portion of forum cries.

Oh, VS has Charge mechanic on some weapons, let's look at this. Spiker... LOL, why would anyone sane use this? Lancer? Yeah, but it is more a neccessity and forced fire delay than anything "cool" or really usefull but providing that no bullet drop and massive range come in package it is fair, same with Vortex.

So, if we take all that into consideration what really defines VS? Spandex? Color scheme? Those are love or hate but not really combat worthy, right? I see it like this. VS gave up big damage, dakka, bullet velocity, tank speed, worse (debatable) secondary vehicle weapons in change for what?

Now, don't get me wrong. I love playing VS and can use most VS specific weapons to their limits and it IS fun but for majority of new players, if they are not into alien-looking-wearing-spandex-shoting-lazors theme there is nothing appealing in VS. Forumside is not helping at all with all those "buff VS"/"nerf VS" threads.
    • Up x 1
  19. Eternaloptimist

Oh yeah, that's the one............my bad