The New Phaseshift - Love It

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Kopulator, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Kopulator

For medium ranged sniping behind enemy lines...this gun is great...even if higher ranges, the bullet drop is minimal, even in bolt action mode. With semi auto mode...I've killed opponents with 2 head shots at over 300 meters.

Having never to think about ammo is amazing.

My loadout with this is Hold Breath...suppressor (a must for this weapon...no bullet drop when using it...FYI), fore grip, and 8x scope. FYI.
    • Up x 1
  2. DIGGSAN0

You are Welcome.
  3. Erendil

To clarify the OP, the Phaseshift has no bullet drop. At all.

The new version is glorious. I still prefer the Nyx or Spectre (w/ Ballistics comp) for most situations due to no sway and faster followup shots. But the Phaseshift is now quite fun to use.
  4. Calisai

To oppose Erendil's opinion on the Phaseshift... It is not glorious... I hate the Phaseshift. The amount of recoil on the BASR mode is insane and means you cannot see where your shot lands. I prefer any and every other option for the Infil (with the possible exception of the XM98... always disliked that one for some reason), including the Eidolon now.

Guess its just personal preference. ;)
  5. BartasRS

After Auraxiuming Phaseshift I found myself using it quite a lot lately. IMO semi-auto mode is very effective for longer ranges and the ability to switch to BA mode is nice also.

I use it mainly for camping terminals or to finish enemy snipers from absurd ranges. Phaseshift requires you to be in a good position, prefferably way above enemy. If you find a good spot you can easily finish many targets like other snipers, engies, HAs lauching rockets etc. Also unlimited ammo doesn't force you to save shots and, as you are quite far away, you can spam those freely without fear that someone fill flank you soon.
    • Up x 1
  6. MaDiv

*cough Hossin trees cough*
    • Up x 2
  7. Erendil

Okay, "Glorious" may be too strong of a word. :p I certainly find it enjoyable at mid-range (<200m) tho. No bullet drop + OHK means it's a weapon I can just sit back, relax, and harvest zergling heads without even really thinking about it.

But yeah, the recoil is kinda distracting, esp if you're used to the BASRs. But so far I've only really found it a detriment to followup shots w/ a 10x or 12x scope equipped - which I rarely use - and then only during BASR mode since the recoil in SASR mode is much smaller.

Wow, you must really hate the Phaseshift..... j/k ;)

Infil + Eidolon = Bliss. Now that's glorious! :D I'm sooooooo glad they finally gave Infils access to it!
    • Up x 1