Vanu the Hacking faction of PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bavarian, Mar 8, 2017.

1. bavarian

Hello all,

This hack happened to me a few times now and eveytime when we fought against the Vanu.
    I am aware that it is only a minority are using hacks they must suck in FPS games otherwise they wouldnt have to use Hacks.
    Or they have a small ego and cant cope with loosing a battle..

To all of you Hacking suckers reading this you are the reason why FPS games like PS2 and other are slowly dying.
    • Up x 1
  2. FieldMarshall

No its random.
  3. bavarian

Sorry Marshall I dont agree,
    Like I said it happened to me 4 times and only when fighting against the Vanu and there is a hack that does exactly that.
  4. BrbImAFK

I play all three factions, and see hacking on all of them. Sorry, but Marshall is right and you're wrong.
  5. Crayv

Vanu is no more the faction that has all the hackers than NC has all the team killers.
  6. bavarian

Lol Gravy yes sadly you are right, some of them are grievers from TR and Vanu but most of them are NC accidently kiiling team mates.
    I am also playing all three factions and i have only seen it done by the Vanu.
    For me and many many others the Vanu is the Hacker faction.
    You only need to check Youtube, the majority of PS2 Hacker videos are Vanu.
  7. The Rogue Wolf

The most blatant cheater I ever saw was when someone drilled me in the head with eight straight Cyclone shots from about 100m away. Yet you don't see me making "NC the hacking faction of PS2" threads.

I think you're suffering from confirmation bias.
  8. DIGGSAN0

What i can see in the Video is no hack...it is a pretty damn simple lagswitch...long time ago i suggested a fix....DBG didn't care about it.

I am sorry to say that...but these kind of people are found in all three factions.
  9. 0fly0

LMAO you should be a lawyer dude...
  10. cobaltlightning

The only blatant hack I've ever seen in Planetside 2 was someone flying a Galaxy at ESF speeds. This was maybe a month or two before Battleeye went live, and that's with ~1200 Hours over the course of 3.5 years.

I am one to admit I'm not very good at the Shooty part of this game, but I have fun taking the small roles in the big battles sometimes.
  11. Dj Gus

Show me on the doll where papa vanu touched you... It's ok... You can tell me.
  12. stalkish

Of course they are.
    Tell me, if you were writing a hack, would you prefer to write the one that accounts for drop, or the one that doesnt have to since your weapon has none?
    Considering most hackers (or whatever you want to call them) are taking the easy way out while gaming, id say it would be the latter.
  13. JonnyBlue

I play on Miller and VS are always the lowest pop faction we hit a high of 29% yesterday but it can be as low as 16% while the NC gravy train keeps steamrolling along at 40% , Far as I'm concerned and I hate hackers but hell if its killing NC go for it......
  14. Caramboul

That is something i often noticed: If a faction have to deal with a very low population compared to both other faction the probability to see more cheaters by the low pops is increasing.
  15. ObiVanuKenobi

This hack (lagswitch) has nothing to do with VS, it works on all factions.
    But making an aimbot should be easier for VS in theory because they don't have bullet drop so you don't need so much projectile prediction.
  16. DIGGSAN0

Nope, if a hacker does Play on VS or an other Faction it willmake no differencenecause the Aimbot registers Headshotkills (or where you want it) anyway.

Simple example would be the editing of gamedata files to make hitboxes larger
  17. Drag0

All factions have hackers - but this lagswitch thing is really effing annoying... why the hell do these ******** have to cheat :(
  18. Jubikus

if your fighting Vanu you will notice all hackers you see are Vanu probably simply because you arnt fighting NC and your not paying attention to hackers on your side. Hell if you said all hackers are Russian you would have hit a larger percentage than picking any one faction.
  19. Moz

Hacking is a lot less frequent than these forums or Reddit would have us believe. The very FEW hacker i see on Miller are spread between all 3 factions.
  20. BrbImAFK

If, by that, you mean "blatant" hacking, then I'd totally agree. I can't even remember the last time I saw a dude spinning around HS'ing all the things, through the walls, while moving faster than a squirrel on crack.

That said..... I think there's quite a few more "subtle" hacks around. For example - I can totally believe that there are dudes out there that can triple-dink me. I totally believe that there dudes who can triple-dink me several times. That said, I don't believe that there are people who can one-shot me, with a sound like a shotgun blast, with an SMG, from 100+ metres away, every single time I come into LoS. And yet, it happens......