Anti aircraft gun

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Kilerman, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Kilerman

I'm in a new PS2 I want to ask if there was any anti-aircraft gun for heavy assault (TR) thank you for your answers (Sorry for my English)
  2. JakeCWolf

Depends what you mean by "gun". Some vehicles can be damaged by small arms fire, these include the Flash, Harasser, Valkyrie and ESFs (Reavers, Mosquitoes and Scythes). MBTs (Vanguards, Prowlers and Mag Riders), Sunderers, Liberators and Galaxies can not and are immune to small arms fire, including anti-infantry MAX weapons.

If by gun you mean anything then as a Heavy Assault your standard rocket launcher can damage anything in the game including aircraft, but it will take a skill shot to hit a low flying ESF so if you want an effective weapon against them I suggest buying a AA lock-on launcher, which for you as TR is the ASP-30 Grounder which is 650 certs. A little expensive but a good investment in my honest opinion.
  3. MaDiv

T2 Striker
    • Up x 1
  4. Eternaloptimist

Welcome to Auraxis :)

All HAs get the option of a ground to air (G2A) lock-on rocket launcher to buy with certs or DBC. It can also be dumb fired against other targets which is a bonus. As MaDiv says, you may also find the Empire Specific RL for TR useful against air. It is unguided but if the rockets get close enough to target (40m I think) they will lock on. Lower rocket damage than the one shot RLs but you get 6 in a magazine before needing reload.

I use the Grounder myself and it is great if you pick your targets well although I also have the Striker for funs.

You can buy Nanite Systems (NS) launchers available to all factions as well. These are the only ones worth buying with cash, rather than certs, as they then unlock on all avatars on your account regardless of faction. But I find them a bit weak and they don't have a dumbfire option for shooting into choke points and blind firing into buildings (though you can lock on to ground vehicles as well as air targets).

Either way, go for the smoking aircraft or the ones distracted by being in a dogfight or strafing - it takes more than one hit on a full health fighter and more still on a valk or liberator.

Some vehicle weapons are specifically AA - the Walker and the Ranger in particular, and the default Basilisk is dual role. Fighters and Valkyries are vulnerable to infantry weapons but I've been playing 2 years and only ever managed to finish off two damaged fighters with a carbine.