[BUG] Visible to enemies while in cloak

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rydenan, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Rydenan

I've now multiple times run into a bug where I'm in cloak and i get shot or sniped by someone who can see me as if I were not cloaked. I know this because I usually send them a friendly tell asking how they saw me.
    I'm not talking about my cloak being easy to spot; I'm talking about it looking like I'm not cloaked at all to the other guy. The most recent guy I talked to, whose line of sight I was only ever in while deep cloaked, described my camo, telling me that I looked just like any soldier standing there to him.

This is pretty game breaking, especially since there's no way to know if your cloak is "working" on the enemy's end or not.

So far this has happened to me 4 times.
  2. FateJH

From the persepctive of four players or the same person four times?
  3. Rydenan

Sorry, that was unclear. Four different occasions/players.
    Could have been more; I may have simply dismissed some of them as having been unlucky, or someone having seen my cloak shimmer.
  4. DarkStarAnubis

If you think there is a cloaked infiltrator somewhere and you press "q" [and the infiltrator is there] you will see the triangle marker which is enough to engage (IMHO a game bug).
  5. cobaltlightning

That bug was fixed for a LOOONG time: If you can't see it, you can't spot it.

Some people do have pretty well trained eyes, even though them insta-spotting deep cloak is still a bit ********.
    Otherwise, they prolly had a flashlight, and came under a 'first time render' problem: I do know that if your Lazer Sight is off on your end but someone is rendering you for the first time (that day, let's go with) then they'll see it on.
    It is merely a guess, but I assume the same works with the lazer sight on and they see it off, as well as Both Ways for the Flashlight.
    • Up x 1
  6. DarkStarAnubis

Are you sure it is fixed? I am pretty sure I experienced it maybe a couple of months ago and I was rather surprised when it happened.
  7. Rydenan

Regardless, this isn't the bug I'm encountering. The other player simply sees me as if I'm a normal, uncloaked soldier.
  8. Xebov

Ive seen this on an Infiltrator before and can also confirm that this can happen with Sunderer Stealth. I ran into Sunderers inside their stealth bubbles that where either fully visible or not as cloaked as they should be, showing very sharp lines, like a glass figure.
    • Up x 1
  9. Eternaloptimist

This could be a bug. I was accused of cheating the other day because I heard a cloaking noise, jumped out of the turret I was in and saw a guy uncloaked and crouching near it. Shot him and got accused of leaving the turret invisibly (I was running engie) and shooting him while he believed he was cloaked. This was on one of the EU servers (can't remember which one).

I've seen "wireframe" sundies that were cloaked when I got close enough - I just assumed the cloak did not give complete invisibility at close range
  10. SoljVS

I kil infils in cloak regularly if they are in full sprint. The wavy ripple in the air as they run is plain as day. Don't even need a dark light.
  11. Maecy

The "multiple levels of cloak" tip in the official infil tutorial is useless. You are just as technically visible in still crouching as you are sprinting (while cloaked)-the human eye is simply trained to spot moving targets better than still ones. That's not your code for "multiple levels of cloak" when moving at different speeds and at different heights-that's human biology. Fix this, daybreak. Actually make infils hard to spot when crouched, still, and cloaked, not just taking advantage of human biology. unless the tutorial is outdated, in which case, update it.
  12. Pelojian

use stalker cloak if you want that level of stealth, hunter is meant as a distance cloak to sneak around and avoid notice at medium/long range due to the fact it is easy to spot at close range and the cloaking noise is noticeable outside of larger fights.
  13. DeadlyOmen

There are several ways to know where cloaked infiltrators are.

One false move by the infiltator, and they are dead- much like everything else in the game.
  14. Rydenan

Um, okay? Didn't read the OP, did we?
    Please read the OP.
    Interesting you should mention that, because one guy said he saw me de-cloak and then he shot me. Except I had never de-cloaked on my side.
  15. PlanetBound

If you are near a cloaked friendly or enemy sundy you stand out.
  16. SoljVS

OP said "I've now multiple times run into a bug where I'm in cloak and i get shot or sniped by someone who can see me as if I were not cloaked." Not sure how my post doesn't answer this question?

MY guess was that he is in fact cloaked but the other person shooting him was able to catch on to the wavy ripple of the cloak silhouette. Thus why he was shot while cloaked. He simply assumed that he could not be seen while cloaked and thought it was a bug. That was my interpretation.
  17. Rydenan

When I say "see me as if not cloaked", I mean that, in their view, I'm not cloaked at all. They're not spotting my cloak; they're seeing me as if I were any old uncloaked unit. Some have claimed to have watched me uncloak, when I never did.
    I've elaborated on this in a few of the earlier posts.
  18. BrbImAFK

I don't know if this is relevant, but I've encountered a wierd cloaking bug recently in that my weapon appears (to me) not to cloak. I haven't been able to tell if it cloaks for enemies yet since I can't reproduce the bug reliably.
  19. wtfwtfwtf

Same here. Bug has been affecting me for 4 months. I cloak and my weapon stays uncloaked. Sick and tired of the damn game not being fixed. I have to log out and then back in to get rid of my uncloaked gun and then it happens again after a while of none stop game play. I only play cloaker infil so it is very annoying. This bug is frustrating and needs fixing as soon as possible.
  20. Rydenan

Since one of the recent updates, I get this bug 90% of the time I'm playing infil. I don't think it coincides with the bug I mentioned in the OP, though.
    But yeah, broken game is broken.