[Suggestion] Treating the Bailoutside statpad-decease

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tankalishious, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Tankalishious

Quite annoying really. You duel ESFs, both smoking... pew pew, reverse boost, pew pew, roll, spin pew pew...fire surpession used... one starts to burn... and suddenly... the ESF goes into a fall/spin....pilotless.. while some LA flies off in the distance to save their precious K/D......

Easy fix to this.

1. You can only eject when you are within jumping height of the ground without dieing

Or

2. Sacrifice a slot to fit ejection seat.

Stat padders either have to win, pull out and zoom for the ground (exposing their backs) or loose a slot to ejection seat.
  2. Okaydan

This sentence implies something is broken. Flying as a light assault means you won't get free auto-repair so they have to forgo stealth or fly back to an airpad (if they have Hossin bonus) or rely on friendlies to repair them.

You didn't die, and you still get the ESF kill. There's also nothing stopping you from shooting the LA with your nosegun while the ESF plummets to its death.

Your proposed 'solution' will only be a source of rage.

Just an FYI, tank drivers bail very often too - as engineer - and just make a run for it. You want to nerf that, too?
    • Up x 5
  3. FateJH

I've always advocated for the ejection seat required to eject, save for Galaxies and the rumble seat of Valkyries. Before I suggested "when landed" but, seeing how that can be difficult to determine in some cases, I'd advocate the condition "when your velocity is zero'd" instead.
    • Up x 1
  4. cobaltlightning

Adding onto Okaydan, Light Assaults still have a carbine; Provided they are near(ish) a battle already, they can still partake in it on the ground.
    • Up x 1
  5. DarkStarAnubis

I don't get it - even if you implement that rule what would prevent the player from simply logging out at the first sign of trouble to preserve his KDR ?
  6. Okaydan

Logging out will get you a death, if you were damaged the last 10 seconds (not sure if it's 10). This method is already implemented to prevent stat-padding this way.

Yes, and with the new Rocklet Rifle, this can become your death, even though you won the duel. Kinda like how a heavy driving a tank can take out your (near) burning vehicle, and then fire-suppress his own tank and win. That's a trade-off they make. As stated, they forgo free auto-repairs and emergency repairs for a chance to not die when losing a duel.

You know what I do when I'm driving a ground vehicle and I know I won't win? Race to the enemy, get out, and use the distraction time to stick a nasty C4 on them. Suppose C4 should be unusable for ~10 seconds after exiting a (damaged) vehicle, too, then.

Because PlanetSide2 is about honorable 1v1 duels, purely based on skill :rolleyes:
    • Up x 3
  7. Cancerion

Hey, I said KNIVES ONLY!
  8. DemonicTreerat

Simple fix. A minimum time of say 5 seconds post-ejection without the ejection seat option during which using a jet pack has certain... consequences. Namely exhaust/ hot gasses + fuel/ reaction mass + live ammunition equals BIG boom that immediately obliterates the bailer. After that time is up, assuming they don't get turned into processed swiss cheese or get an up close and personal view of the ground, they can use their jets safely.

Unless of course they want to spend certs for an ejection seat, in which case they're safe. Minus suddenly having to prove to be more than the mouth breathing whiner needing the game set to easy mode due to the lack of self-repair, stealth, etc.
  9. supahitecjetfyta

moving should cancel redeploy.
    o_O
  10. JohnGalt36

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  11. Movoza

I think it's easier than that. I would suggest that losing your vehicle counts as a death. If you're inside the vehicle you'll only incur one death, if you're outside the vehicle you'll incur one death for the vehicle and one death for yourself if applicable. The extra death is only incurred when the enemy gets the kill (no friendly fire or terrain mishaps that you survive but the tank doesn't). Time is also a factor, as you'll only incur the death between 3 and 5 seconds after bailing, or something similar.

You'll battle KD ****** as they can now achieve double deaths and could have gotten less if they only stayed with the vehicle till the end. In a few scenarios this might seem unfair, but I'm very comfortable with that.
  12. FieldMarshall

PS1 had a pretty good system to balance this.
    If your vehicle's health got too low (like 10-20%), your bail had a chance of not working until you repaired it.
    • Up x 1
  13. Eternaloptimist

I rarely play HA these days but recently I was doing just that and got ambushed by a guy (engie or LA). I remembered the F button after a short hesitation (as I normally run engie and throwing an ammo box at him would probably not have helped). So I won, barely, because overshield despite him opening fire first, which is usually the clincher.

Not quite off-topic as my point is: HA shield, fire suppresion, ejector seat, so what? They are all legit and who doesn't want to survive to fight another day? Suck it up soldier!

And why does anyone care if the other guy wants to preserve his KDR (assuming that was the reason you infer from his actions)?

That isn't stat padding btw, it is escaping death by use of abilities / stuff you certed into.
  14. Movoza

Not really the point of the thread. People will agree it is a good right to try to survive, but the aim is giving satisfactory fights. People feel cheated if a bailer escapes them. In addition, you can steer people to try their best of their abilities instead of bailing when the fight seems to go not their way. A satisfactory end to a satisfactory fight. That is the goal.
  15. Eternaloptimist

Satisfactory for whom? the winner or the guy who got away by the skin of his teeth? A narrow escape is satisfying in it's own way (to me at least, given my limited duelling skills).
  16. DeadlyOmen

Limiting player in-game options is not good for gaming.
    • Up x 1
  17. JobiWan

Or...

3. Stop caring.
    • Up x 2
  18. freeAmerish

They feel cheated for their kill. Thats the only problem here.
  19. Ziggurat8

Remove kill counts from the game. Then no one will complain "stole my kill, that guy redeployed, that guy bailed, that guy ran behind the spawn shields. ...waah"

Problem solved. /s

Seriously though it's been 5yrs these "lock people in the driver seat/ cockpit posts" crop up at least twice a month. Bail assaults aren't going away.

My suggestion is to change your view on the whole matter. You bested him, he ran like a cowardly dog rather than fight it out to the end. After thousands and thousands of kills humiliation is better than just another notch on the belt anyway. Or if you just can't stand that he might get away; get good with the nose gun and shoot him after he jumps...
    • Up x 3
  20. ExarRazor

oh look, yet another thing ps1 did right while ps2 flounders horribly

in ps1, pilots couldnt eject if
    A) the aircraft was actively taking damage (this was removed later in ps1's life)
    or
    B) the aircraft was at less than 25% health

simply make it so bailures can't eject when the aircraft as at 25% or less health. problem solved
    • Up x 1