[Thought] ES facility bonuses

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MaDiv, Mar 1, 2017.

1. MaDiv

We all know that each of the three faction uses a different set of weapon systems so I wondered whether or not it would be a good idea to award empire specific bonuses to certain bases all around auraxis. However, since the systems are incompatible among themselves, holding these bases is oftenly more of a benefit than capturing them. This could lead the attention of factions to certain areas and defending a base would actually be not only a great farm (at least for VS players ofc :p ).
    Wrel also pointed during one of his last videos out that DBG wants to focus on the reason why people fight, so this may be applicable as well.

Example:
    Scarfield Reliquary awards 5% recoil bonus and zero bullet drop to all weapons for all classes
    Terran Nanite Analysis awards a 10%magazine- and ammo pool size bonus to all TR infantry weaponry, as well as a enhanced recoil tolerance of 5%
    NC Arsenal awards a 5% damage and a 5% muzzlevelocity increase for all NC infantry weaponry

Thoughts?
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

So all the familiarity one has with a particular weapon begins to unravel as that person's allies make their way across a given continent?
    • Up x 2
  3. LordKrelas

While that'd make it interesting.

Those bonus examples are.... disturbing. (Yes, I know they are only examples)

For VS, you'd gain the ability to pick off any target at range without needing to care about distance. (any is subjective obviously)
    Your Snipers would be in heaven.

TR gets screwed with just more ammo, and a slight recoil bonus.
    NC gets more screwed granting further help to team-killing (that's a joke.) with a faster bullet.

I can't think of anything better as I instantly consider fighting that bonus.. and dread it, but still, I like the concept sorta.
  4. Pikachu

Outside of careful testing in VR, do you honestly notice bonuses smaller than 50%? Unless they pass some threshold.
  5. Eternaloptimist

Faction benefit differences would be confusing to a poor planetman like me who plays all three. And changing the performance of my weapons could be as well.

Except bigger mags for TR, which would make no difference to me as I reflexively change mags without looking at my ammo count and I cannot remember the last time I ever ran out.

No bullet drop is situational but underrated on certain things - I kill people at insane range with my Spectre SASR.

And higher velocity on high damage NC weapons which already have an edge at medium range? Would benefit MLG Pros a lot but less so the rest of us.

I'd say just play around a bit with the non-direct advantages of owning a biodome, tech plant or amp station whihc apply equally to all factions. Like more efficeint nanites (faster heal, rezz and repair), faster or higher resource gain and so on.

There's another thread about this last comment.
  6. MaDiv

The values and chosen attributes are purely examples of course. The main idea behind this is to award a functionality to the smaller facilities beyond the pure landmass for VP and one to three certs for the cap.
  7. Corezer

I see this for what it is, a ploy for no drop bolt actions.

learn your hold overs and quit whining.
  8. MaDiv

You seem to be incapable of reading.
  9. Corezer

I'm not incapable of reading, I just forgot the </sarcasm>

drop isn't hard enough to compensate for to make no drop a significant advantage in sniping, plus the charge up thingy I cant remember the name of already exists and doesn't have a significant impact on the battlefield.
  10. Eternaloptimist

Um, except for the insane range at which I can now repeatedly hit and kill planetmans with my VS SASR now..............e.g. from one base to the next one. I grant you though, it is a highly niche advantage and should stay that way.

Personally, I'd rather not have my weapon performance change at random intervals on any faction.