There is no point in the existence of tanks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by China1949, Feb 24, 2017.

1. China1949

Each update will weaken the tank, fortress walls, thermal imaging of weapons...
    PS2 is it a gunfight game? If DB feels like infantry, please remove the tank.
    -------------Google translation, I hope you can understand what I mean
    • Up x 1
  2. Zagareth

NO
  3. Corezer

everyone knows you're full of it.

when an empire pulls MBTs for a tank zerg they push through all the way to the next main facility, even if they were being beat down before.
    • Up x 1
  4. Movoza

Let me get a tank vs infantry. Tell me, how many do you think I can win? 1v1? Absolutely. 2v1? Sure. 3V1? Depending on their skill, hell yeah or a bit tricky. 4v1? Do I really need to continue? I can best a lot of infantry at the same time and often take punishment and retreat. I have a OHK accurate cannon vs slow rockets or other short ranged weaponary. Of course there are others, like the AV turret, but that is simply a case of get closer and wait for him to get back on.

Even now that I don't play often anymore I can still truck through infantry with my lightning. So please, I want to understand why people complain about infantry. Give me videos where you see tanks being dismantled by infantry. Show me that weakness you are telling us about. As I don't face these problems I cannot agree with people saying tanks are weak, so show me! Provide proof what the masses face! Let me experience the weakness of tanks! I really, honestly want to see this so I can get on board.

But until then I'll use my experience and say no. Tanks are plenty powerful.
  5. JohnGalt36

I'll just say that C4'ing tanks are the easiest kills I've had in the game, and by a longshot. Maybe, I guess mines might be lower effort, but not by much.

It's weird to me that an MBT is the lowest-effort thing to kill on the battlefield.
  6. Exitus Acta Probat

Bovine fecal matter!
  7. BrbImAFK

Sure... if it's piloted by an idiot and has no secondary gunner / a secondary gunner who's also an idiot. But if even one of the two has a clue, it's gonna be a LOT harder. Except maybe for jihadi-flash, but that's just straight up cheese anyway.
    • Up x 1
  8. JohnGalt36

Yeah, KRODIN doesn't know how to tank, that's why I have c4'd him a bunch.

/s
  9. HisokaTheRed

Maybe you're just that good don't ever sell yourself short man.
  10. stalkish

Will these do?

You didnt specify a time for these vids ;).

No i dont agree with OP.
  11. Haquim

Why would the time be important?
    Everything those vids show is still possible - or even more so, since vehicles got heavily nerfed while inf AV is largely unchanged
  12. JonnyBlue

Wife and I hopped into a Prowler for the first time with a Vulcan and Stock main weapon , Now were not very good players infantry wise but hell we were making between 4-7k per death it was just that easy and we have only been playing for 8 weeks , However we got bored after 2 hrs and decided to go back to being a grunt.

Tanks weak pull the other one its got bells on......
    • Up x 1
  13. Liewec123

they're adding outdoor points so tankers can cap them from the comfort of their farming vehicles.
    so now your oh-so-fun vehicle zerg is given even more reward in the form of point capture/defense XP.
  14. Dusk117

It's because any tanker who sits still long enough for you to get close without engage radar deserves to die.
  15. Dusk117

As an NC main, this arouses me.
  16. Towie

...if you've only been playing for 8 weeks you will have missed out on the original HEAT Prowler - enough AV DPS should you need it but with enormous AI capability, it was literally hilarious dreadful.

But well done for getting the missus in the gun seat - I can't shift mine from her Eastenders seat. Still gives me a regular slot to play ;)
  17. hollowed

There is no point in the existence of anything. Yet here we are.
    • Up x 1
  18. Movoza

Well these will do for sure. A coordinated effort of a great many people with dedicated AV weapons on often highly advantageous positions. But what is interesting is that they are more or less rooted in place. In many scenarios I would think that if all of them had tanks, they would have been able to both destroy the tanks and move up to the next base with great ease.

But yeah, if you throw enough infantry against it, even without organised outfits, you'll trump some tanks.
  19. Campagne

Nihilist. :p