[Suggestion] Move the NS-AM7 Archer to the tool slot

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by TomDRV, Aug 29, 2015.

1. IceMobsterrr

3 shotted*
  2. Problem Officer

2 shotted*
    3 shotted past around 60 meters, if doing something silly like not having anyone nearby for your target to catch a stray bullet from,
    or firing Archer at it while having 0 sidearm ammo or grenades with below average aim.
    To a MAX at 60 meters you are barely 8x the screen area of their center crosshair dot.
  3. IceMobsterrr

3 body shotted
    2 if one or both hits the head
  4. Problem Officer

How are you not hitting the head on MAX and where's your sidearm?
  5. IceMobsterrr

Stop being an idiot. It is not simple to hit a MAX in the head twice unless he is mentally challenged. What bloody sidearm? We are talking about (or at least I am since you are degenerate) how many bullets does it take to down a MAX unit. It takes 3 unless you both times hit the head which is not that likely.
  6. Problem Officer

Unfortunately you both chose to ignore the (reasonably clarified) range/movement factors and resorted to personal attacks.
    I don't debate with double standard comparisons and emotional outbursts, please take that to someone else, thanks.
  7. IceMobsterrr

What range/movement factors? 80% of the time you will encounter a MAX in CQC.
  8. Skooma Lord

I would be fine if they increased the velocity a tiny bit, or added a semi-auto configuration for some trade-off. Or maybe even different bullet types. I think it still should remain a primary though. The Emissary works pretty well with it.
  9. Nogrim313

this thread imho became irrelevant when they added the SMG pistol. that has been my archer loadout ever since and pretty much solved every issue this thread raised.
  10. Problem Officer

Remember to quote if you want to reply, not everyone reads PS2 forum daily!
    Clarification:
    MAX = Slow unless during Charge which has cooldown and is not the only ability choice.
    Much easier to hit the head than Infantry's, that's the movement factor. Accuracy issues there are practice issues.
    The range factor is that up to approximately 60 meters it's not 3 headshots, but 2 total.
    Encountering a MAX "in CQC" means you're well within 60 meters, which means it's 2 shots for you. ;)
  11. IceMobsterrr

Yep, you are ******* ********.

Oh, and you forgot that the max can drop you anywhere from 0.1 to 3s during which (if he is damaging you) you can't ADS properly because of the hit flinch and too low hp to go for the second shot (considering the MAX player is not a ****).
  12. Ximaster

Sorry,i have one thread about Archer,but i find this better for the answer i want.

I see that the weapon doesnt have pull action while aiming between shots on the Planetside 2 wiki,this means that the weapon is nerfed??? If the answer is yes,how is posible???? If u find difficult to kill targets between shots,now its gonna be more boring,not??? I mean,if u shot u need to unaim for reload????

Oh and sorry for question that,im redownloading the game and i will start from 0. Btw i will do an ontopic answer: i find this idea very good!!! Caused i have the Pandora shotgun and if i have the Archer on the tool slot (u mean the slot of portable turrets??? if is that,better) i will be a complet engineer,versus MAXes the Archer and Heavy assaults,the Pandora. For longer distances i have the Blackhand revolver.

Oh and i see that i posted the first answer,complaining about the idea. I found the idea horrible at start,but now i find a very good idea :D
  13. SarahM

You can get the 'straight pull bolt' upgrade for the archer for 100 certs which allows you to keep zoomed while chambering the next round.
    • Up x 1
  14. NubCannon

The NS archer is like a bee. on its own its only good as a max finisher. but in combination with a few other engineers. the NS archer can snipe MBTs at range additionally the NS archer is considered a small arms projectile (not dmg just projectile) and thus can pass through the fixed base shields. making it a great weapon to finish off burning vehicles when they go back for reps.

try running the archer with the comi they're both 2 headshot kill weapons on infantry and have not super dissimilar ballistics.
  15. BrbImAFK

I can't help but feel that almost anything else in the same sized group would be better though.... I'd WAY rather have X heavies with Lancer than X engies with Archer.
    • Up x 1
  16. NubCannon

Me too, but i play TR mostly so thats not an option. also these lancer squads are better off with atleast 1 archer engineer who can do dps but also drop the ammo.

The archer also has a place for tank drivers who's tank dies as the enemies is on fire. the driver can jump out an finish the enemy tank.

But replacing the archer with the tool slot removes key abilities of the engineer. i personally think the archer, if changed at all, should be made an engineer specific secondary weapon. this still require some sacrifice for engineers. but make it more usable.

I cant count the number of times ive run to a terminal to switch to an archer and by the time i got back the max or i already died.

Additionally lancer squids (ive been calling squads squids a lot recently for no apparent reason, sorry) cant be used to finish off armor behind base shields. as rockets are a separate category from small arms and dont pass through vehicle shields.

another thing the archer is great for, is sniping down enemy modules on turrets. you can consistently hit AI modules out of range of the anti infantry turrets and its much faster and more sustainable than using rockets or a sniper rifle. well im not actually sure its faster than rockets, but in current game play with an ammo pack it is much more sustainable than rockets.

But in most situations yes, you're right a lancer squad would be better.

to be honest though, ive not seen a lancer squad in months. though ive recently been in an archer squad (i do play vs often too but i main TR)
  17. BrbImAFK

Thing is, making it a tool slot item is stupid, as I've said before, in all the other archer threads suggesting similar things. I also don't think it should be a secondary weapon... what I DO think it should be is an alternative to a turret. Like turrets, the Archer is a situational item. Like turrets, it performs a specific role (i.e. anti-MAX, compared to the other AI, AV and ****-knows turrets). And, like turrets, it wouldn't leave the engineer effectively unarmed by selecting it.
    • Up x 1
  18. NubCannon

That might be okay. however with hardlight barrier coming out soon (supposedly) its unlikely.
  19. R1s1ng

Someone Aurax this weapon?^^