coming back...new system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Multispastic, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Multispastic

Ello there...im coming back after a 2 year break and am building a new system.

I3 7100
    Asrock h110 mobo
    16 gb ddr4
    240gb ssd apacer Thunderbird
    Asus 750ti 2gb ...will be over clocking it

Gamemax 400w psu

I was going to wait for ryzen but the 3series isn't coming out until end of year...and i havnt the cash for expensive cpu..
    I already have the 750ti. And am aware It will be the bottleneck...but im only gaming at 1080 p and always turn off AA.

How you reckon this system will fair in planetside? I always had to avoid the bigger fights on my old phenom 955 system so am really looking forward to playing....also apart from construction system what is new? And what is planned for this game?
    Cheers!

Cheers
  2. Eternaloptimist

Not going for an i5 processor then? I am not technical but people seem to think it is preferable (having said that, my old computer has an i3 and I get 40 =50 fps on the EU servers).
  3. Towie

Personally i'd be really tempted to wait until the Ryzen comes out - even if buying Intel, they will have to reduce prices to remain competitive.

It's been a long time since they have had any real competition.

A high clocked i3 does OK in Planetside but it can definitely utilise more cores, 4 core is about the sweet spot. I have an i3 and overclocked i5 - not much difference when quiet but when things get busy there is a considerable difference.
  4. Multispastic

Yeah but only RYZEN 7 series is coming soon...next after that is 5 series....i cant wait too long....in a year or so i can swap out the mobo and cpu and go ryzen...or get a hopefully reduced price i5.... Remember i only got h110 board so no overclocing

5. FieldMarshall

The CPU is what's going to hold you back.
  6. Multispastic

On a budget in afraid....and cheapest i5 is 180$ here (i live in cambodia)
  7. Towie

If you really have to go for it now, the i3 is probably your best bet - like I said, things will chug a bit in the mega fights but overall it will be alright.

The 750ti is also fine as long as you don't crank up the resolution too high (I have one in the i3 system).