Anyone run with UBGL?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Eternaloptimist, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Eternaloptimist

I think buying rezz 'nades was one of the best decisions I made but I kinda miss frags, so I am thinking of giving up my high RoF AR in favour of slower firing S variant.

Anyone with experience of the UBGL - good, bad or indifferent?
  2. BartasRS

Well it is quite different from normal nades in terms of aiming and if I am not wrong it wont detonate before 15m so prepare yourself for quite a lot wasted nades. Also they do explode on impact and do less splash damage.
  3. NubCannon

I run with UBGL on the AMR66 to spam grenades outside point doors where enemies huddle up, its a great way to rack up certs, especially when they're sitting their getting their shields back up after trying to shoot in the door. however in other time i like the UBSL for some cover while reviving and the UBSG for low pop point holds
  4. BrbImAFK

I'm currently running the Solstice SF on my Engineer build, with the UBGL, and I find it distinctly underwhelming. I mean, it's OK for popping off into chokes, were dudes don't come out long enough to kill but, tbh, I genuinely feel I'd be better off just throwing a sticky / frag with bandolier and running back to restock whenever you run out. Most of the time, with the UBGL, all you're gonna get is hit markers. Unless the dude is already down health and you land a near-perfect shot, you're not gonna get a lot of kills. And, as noted before, it doesn't explode under 15m, so even if you directly hit the dude, it won't go off, and won't deal enough damage to kill, so by the time you've fired, switched fire modes and started shooting actual bullets, you're probably gonna be dead. You'd have been better off with real bullets from the start.
    • Up x 1
  5. Eternaloptimist

Thanks everyone - you've made my mind up for me :)
  6. Dualice

Add to all that, the real-bullets part of the S variants are objectively worse than their standard counterparts :D

I still can't bring myself to use the TRAC-5S. At least the T1S makes a fairly satisfying sound.
  7. Corezer

smoke can be nice to launch in pre-rez grenade, depending on the settings of everyone standing on the bodies...
  8. OldMaster80

It's definitely not a good choice. Killing people with the ugbl is extremely hard. You can oneshot on direct hit but at medium distance it's almost impossible to hit an elephant. Surely you do not want to use it in a face to face 1 vs 1 fight.
    My suggestion is to give it a try in the VR.
  9. Eternaloptimist

Thanks again to everyone. And yes, I tried it in VR and thought that lobbing it at stationary targets with no armour was not a good test.- OK if you can snipe people but not terribly practical in live play.

Also, losing the RoF on the S variant primary was a bit of a downside for me (dakka is my preference, or as near to dakka as you can get with a VS AR).

I think I'll stick with what I've got.
  10. cobaltlightning

I say nevermind the Dakka, go with the Corvus.
    It's actually really satisfying to use.