[Suggestion] STOP IT WITH THE SUGGESTIONS.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LaughingDead, Feb 11, 2017.

1. PlanetBound

All I can say is good luck finding a free to play as good as PS2.
  2. DIGGSAN0

I would enjoy a copy paste version made from a user... But with own changes....like a private server with own rules...
    • Up x 1
  3. Klabauter8

It's not like they would ever read posts here anyway, let alone listen to us.
    • Up x 1
  4. Moz

>.<

Game is well balanced RIGHT NOW! Maybe a tweak required here and there but on the whole its VERY well balanced....

Just go look at stuff like BF1 if you want to see imbalance!
  5. No0T

1 I asked for a sidevveapon vvith a x4 scope or something before blackhand... 2 Also soon after blackhand said all sidevveapons should have scopes choices... 3 Then I ask for a little machinegun before emmisary and after the scops released... 4 Asked for a rifle to damage armor right before archer... 5 Asked for the infiltrators not to look completely gay nomatter vvath you do right before pathfinder and havoc... 6 Asked for the president executive and immortal sidevveapons to get attachments and make them better before their resent rebump and the hability to put scopes on them... 7 Asked to be able to have more opaque colors before any plain gray green or anything like that... 8 asked for the hability to free look vvith the flash independently of the vveapons aim(this one they just added the free look vvhen not vveaponized)...

I knovv hovv to program so for I knovv vvhen I am asking little...

THE TRUTH IS NO MATTER VVHO IS IN CHARGE OF DEVELOPMENT HE VVILL ALVVAYS FOLLOVV GOOD IDEAS.
  6. FateJH

I hate to break it to you but you were never the first to ask for any of these. Requests for something like the Archer go back to early 2013 (possibly even 2012 with veterans asking for a re-introduction of gold AP ammo as a basic ammunition type for all rifles), for example. Unlimiting scope selection from weapons, various changes to the way Infiltrators look when cloaked, more realistic camos and duller basic color patterns, and better visibility for vehicles with limited camera angles, are always popular to being up. These have all been perennially popular suggestion categories from one subset of the community or another.

Edit: gold 9mm AP rifle ammo, for better damage against armor
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  7. No0T

You are very condesending but hurt guy I vvas trying to avoid, envy is ugly and I dont like to deal vvith, talk me dovvn because the shadovv of the doubt that one of the things here that CLEARLY SHOVVS this devs listen vvich vvas my point not to shovv off my very buthurt guy...

HATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU but actually 2013 thingy vvas nothing like a sniper that surpasses armor just deal vvith it THERE ARE snipers in real life that surpasses huge armors...

I ALSO SUGESTED INFANTRY GETTING ON TOP OF VEHICLES TO GET TRANSPORTED LIKE AN OUTSIDE SIT... NOVV LOOK THE CONVINED ARMS INISIATIVE AGAIN...

Envious people are so pathetic.
  8. FateJH

Also far from original but at least we have another proponent for it. Maybe we can actually get there one day. With the way transportation and vehicles are in the game currently, however, it would be barely a benefit to the tank (I mean, good top gunners are already considered rare) and less to the Infantry doing the sitting. The idea has always needed something else to let it transcend its barebones barely-symbiotic relationship and I don't know if "transport allies / guard armor" experience would be enough. Do you have any thoughts to that?
    As are the egotistical.
  9. hollowed

Yess! Wanted to make this post myself several times but then I remembered I don't really care sufficiently. But yeah beyond BETA community feedback especially on a scale presented on this forums is redundant. Making suggestions and demanding changes based on personal playstyle prefference and taste is getting nothing done, not for the better anyway.
  10. Arkenbrien

I made Vanu shields purple.

Also, Hi Pikachu!
  11. pnkdth

Now that you say it, I do not think I've ever stuck with a F2P shooter for as long as this game bar CS. Makes it rough for other F2P titles too since now players expect more and more without paying a dime(though that's not on PS2 alone, of course).
  12. Xebov

Only some balance suggestions made it through. For new vehicles and weapons everything was ignored. All balance suggestions that would have impacted alot of players where also ignored.
  13. Demigan

I actually think it's a giant problem with the playerbase.

Let's take Wrel as an example. Wrel was hailed for his great idea's, and much of the community wanted him as a dev. Wrel was accepted as a dev and the applause for this must have lasted until the first patch came, and from that moment on everything was Wrel's fault.

The changes to make flying easier for new players? Some people called him a ground-pounder, others called him a noob at flying who just wanted to destroy the air-game balance. But both sides claimed that Wrel only did it for himself.
    Then the changes to Coyotes again that made the previous changes almost obsolete, those were the signs that Wrel was a leet airboy who only wanted to improve the game for himself! Yes!
    Thermals? Wrel is an infantry-only bot or an air-hater!
    AV turret range reduction? Wrel is a vehicle-only noob!
    AA turret range reduction? Wrel is a leet airboy!
    Hornet nerf? Wrel is a ground bot!
    All LMG's of a certain type get nerfed regardless of faction? Well because the TR and NC starter&aurax LMG's aren't amongst those it's a pure Vanu nerf! Yes!
    The list goes on, but the top of the cherry might be the newest top-armor. It increases top armor, rear armor and gives C4 protection! But the vehicle players still say Wrel is only an infantry-only player because the C4 protection isn't enough due to Rocklet, and they ignore all other purposes that this armor can have. Other players say he's a vehicle-only player because the rear-armor protection is too good against infantry/aircraft and the C4 protection makes it nigh impossible for Medics to kill off a tank! OP OP!

Naturally, Wrel didn't have final say in many of these idea's. He's a passionate youtuber who ended up being on a dev team, but he's barely got any dev experience! That's not a person you want to be listening to for final say as a developer.

And lastly, as you may have noticed people are extremely selective. An entire patch comes out, and they see one thing they dislike and rather than praise the devs for all the good stuff they go batcrap insane over that one little thing. And it's almost always the same nowadays: "The devs are only thinking of themselves!". "The devs are only listening to <GroupA>, and obviously <GroupA> has much greener grass already!" while at the same time someone uses the exact same change to claim "the devs are only listening to <GroupB>"...
    • Up x 1
  14. Demigan

AV turret I believe. Lock-on missiles. Changes to ZOE, changes to PPA. Balancing the ESF weapons-->Noseguns being able to set a vehicle to burning with one rear-attack, Rocketpods being able to set you to burning with one top-attack or clearing out an entire platoon by just firing below a Sunderer, Liberator Daltons using the C4 explosion splash (but not damage), Zephers being capable of setting a vehicle on fire in one salvo and even the Shredder was powerful enough. Changes to Hornets (and back). Adding Lattice. Adding ANT's (although they did it differently than expected). Adding construction (which was just wishful thinking for most players on the level of "let's have a fully destructible volumetric environment!"). Upgrading the spawnbunkers to be less spawncampable, yes they were far easier to spawncamp in the past. Changing weapons like the Saron so it couldn't function as a vehicle sniper that could snipe infantry as well. Upgrades to Battle Rifles, adding those to the Infiltrator arsenal. Giving Auraxium weapons better abilities or special abilities. Adding continent locking mechanisms. Adding protection area's around vehicle spawners so players can't place mines on top of the vehicle pad anymore (although it didn't do much because they still allowed it within the range of the auto-drive feature), adding an anti-material rifle, reducing the effectiveness of the Vanguard shield. Adding Icarus jumpjets. Adding the Rocklet Rifle. Adding the Spitfire...

And probably a lot more.
  15. Pikachu

Most of those things are just balance changes. I meant other things. Continent locking, base building were on the roadmap since release. I bet rocklet rifle and stuff were in the plans since long time ago. Lattice I'm not sure if it was planned. Better spawn rooms was a thing they anwered though.
  16. Insignus

Heresy Exception Thrown: Oxymoronic hypocritical non-sequitur overload due to unknown grammatical foreign contaminants.

A member of the Falkyrate will be with you at a randomly determined future date to administer your voluntary tickets for your mandatory Valkyrie Lawn-mowing experience. We sincerely hope your enjoy the ride. Your ticket number is [142].

Thank you, have a nice day!

*No warranty is given for the quality or survivability of the Valkyrie Lawn Mowing Experience. By not not-accepting these tickets, Users may pseudo-randomly be implicated and or drafted into the role of Ground Chase Simulation Targets at the determination of the Owner-Operator.
  17. No0T

You are so envious you must be exploting... but I tell you a secret... My suggestion get heard because I knovv hovv to suggest it in a vvay that is easier to program capicce kid? And that vvould be because I program myself.

I give the ideas of things I like to see, vvant more just pay me.