[Suggestion] Can we put more ultility for AI turret?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by OoStrongWilloO, Feb 14, 2017.

1. OoStrongWilloO

We all know that AI turret very useful when deployed in choke point.
    But it's also expose engineer to sniper, heavy inf and enemy's vehicle.
    It's very dangerous for staying too long at door and window but also very easy to flank in close range if stay safe inside room. So what the point for upgrade it to increase over heat time.

So i have some suggestion:
    - Upgrade AI turret remove enemy aim downside when hit.
    - Upgrade AI turret slow enemy inf down and make light assault fall down.
    - AI turret can mount on railing and window.

But it's come with downside: (for balance purpose)
    - AI turret take longer time for deploy, mount and dismount (more punishment for wrong decision)
    - Greatly reduce accurate when shot too long (double edge sword, more probability to hit but reduce damage overall)
    - Inf can't pass throw the door where AI deploy, ofcouse it must be mounted.
  2. cobaltlightning

For the upsides:
    1: That won't matter anyway, cuz they're dead.
    2: That won't matter anyway, cuz they're dead.

I've not found official numbers but of what I could find it's got 150 damage per shot, and fires at what feels like 600 rpm with a 450m/s velocity. Practically anything in front of the AI MANA Turret while it's firing is dead.

3: Maybe. Railings can be a bit funky with the AI MANA, but it's generally a non-issue anyway.

For the downsides:
    1: MANA turrets always take too long to deploy anyway.
    2: AI MANA already has a bloom after a short burst of fire.
    3: This feature is already in use.
    • Up x 1
  3. OoStrongWilloO

I know, but for veteran player, they can easily kill you with head shot even if you're shooting at them. Not to mention you already death by C-4, rocket launcher or sniper. AI turret not make to become invincible, but its weakness easy to exploit, especially in close range.

Put that aside. We talking about what we should upgrade for AI turret, increase Overheat time is not something we love to, don't you agree.
  4. Moz

They should change the shield IMO.

Make it so the shield is made of like 6 - 9 individual pieces each of which can "tank" x amount of damage before being destroyed. Once a panel has been destroyed the hard light shield will regenerate after x amount of time with no damage taken.

This means, for example, the engis head wouldnt be as exposed right after placing / mounting the turret. A sniper would need to blow a panel out of the shield before having a clean shot at the head.

You could make it so certing the turret increases the amount of damage each panel can take.

Just a shower thought, thought i would dump on you guys. Not sure it would be all that easy to implement though....
    • Up x 2
  5. OoStrongWilloO

Make 6-9 pieces of shield make it more complicate for dev to code AI Mana turret. But i love to have shield to cover face, and have more health for shield. I also don't like 1 shot rocket destroy my turret.

I don't think dev will consider this idea but it better than increase overheat time.
  6. Moz

With the one shot rocket kill, its actually a good shot if they manage this.

I believe they have to hit the exposed part of the gun which can be a ***** from any kind of range.
  7. cobaltlightning

Adding onto Moz, it is indeed a good shot if a rocket OHKOs your AI MANA. Or they're using a Phoenix (not a problem if you're playing NC)
    It's also a decent shot for an infiltrator to headshot you, as well.

Neither are impossible, but tend to be a lot harder than they look.
    • Up x 1
  8. Eternaloptimist

I don't have any trouble OHKing a guy on a turret so long as he is not at a significantly higher elevation than me. I even tap fire them off the turret with auto weapons from time to time. Ofc it helps if they are not actually shooting back at you while you're doing it :).

When I play engie I find very, very few situations in whihc deploying and using a turret is a better idea than running about with carbine and 'nades.
    • Up x 1
  9. OoStrongWilloO

Me too, very few situation i can pull out AI turret . And i find myself roam around with carbine become easy target for heavy and light assault. It's very situation weapon and yet it IS a basic weapon, have many downside. It's upgrade don't give any advantage like can adapt to more situation. It's just give longer firing time like (Hey i'm hear guys, come to Kill me). At least it can put more shield on the side/ adjust rotate range/ increase turret hp or increase effectiveness like put some utility like i mentioned.

Most of the time, i play engineer. My ping usually 300, so that like hell i want to put myself in 1 vs 1 situation. I like to put myself in support role, but to win battle you're forced to provide some fire power but AI MANA turret fail my expectation. I can kill dozen players if it's well placed, but 49/50 chance you will die or become useless. My battle rank 79 but i can only count 3 times i use it effectively, guard the choke point, didn't die after 5 minute deploy, kill more than 5 player. Even anti-personal mine have more kill than AI MANA turret, what a let down!
  10. OoStrongWilloO

I agree with you, I admit only skilled or veteran players can make that shot.
    But for rocket i don't think so, AI MANA turret easy to flank so you barely see any engineer use it in open field. If you saw it, before you could use rocket they already died LOL

So for turret deployed inside room, you just need to hide behind the door, pull out rocket launcher and say "Surprise mother ******!!!"
    By the time they realized, it's too late.
    Zero skill =]]
  11. OoStrongWilloO