Which Carbine to pick

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Professor Hildabrand, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Professor Hildabrand

I recently started messing around with the LA, but I have been wondering which carbine to pick. My main faction at the moment is the VS which has lead me to these two main weapons the Zenith VX-5 and the Pulsar C. I prefer to fight mid range(about 70 m), so I am leaning more towards the Pulsar C due to its extra stopping power. Does the Zenith have some extra surprises I am not aware of yet? I would like yours guys input on which to buy just in case I am missing something.
  2. Iridar51

Pulsar C is the best VS carbine when it comes to ranged combat. Zenith is primarily a close to mid range carbine, with the amount of horizontal recoil it has, you'd never be able to use it at range effectively.
  3. Professor Hildabrand

My initial guess was correct then. TY for the input. I was also trying out the NS-11C as well, but the Pulsar C is winning so far at range.
  4. Iridar51

Yes, higher damage guns tend to be more effective at range.
  5. Eternaloptimist

The only difference I found with the Zenith was the 0.75 ADS and the ability to fit a compensator (plus the foregrip ofc). But that didn't offset the weaknesses imo.

Mind you, I prefer CQC and go for high RoF and good hipfire, so fighting at medium range is only something I do if I have to. IDK how the Pulsar works out in CQC if you find yourself in that situation (unless you headshot consistently).
  6. pnkdth

Pulsar C is your weapon, the only weapon, unless you like the Solstice Burst variant. With Burst weapons you can click, hold, click, hold to maximize rate of fire which actually makes the Burst variant respectable in CQC. Takes a bit getting used to though.
  7. NubCannon

I've been running the NSX tanto with HVA and suppressor for what i consider mid range farms.

essentially i sit in weird spots in or around the biolabs during fights and rack up those infiltrators/rocket primary kills from above, makes chaining headshots really easy.

some of my favorite spots are, on top ammo towers, or teleporters, on the biodomes...