New implants catlike and minor cloAk

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cryosin, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Cryosin

No, just no.

People flying around the world while crouched is going to look silly.

And everyone being invisible is going to ruin the game.
    • Up x 1
  2. Liewec123

those are the two that worry me also :)
    i've suggested that rather than increasing sprint speed and also making you move at full speed while crouched,
    the crouched speed should be removed and the sprint speed increase should be merged with safefall for a true "cat-like" implant :D
    it'd be a hit with both infils and LA :p
    • Up x 1
  3. Cryosin

It's gonna be like goldeneye n64 where you float around crouching lol
  4. Hajakizol

We need the Goldeneye sideroll to make it complete!
    • Up x 1
  5. entity009

Forget looking silly. . .what has me really worried is how 100% move speed crouched will effect head to head combat. The crouch spammers are annoying enough just imagine if they can do the bobbing up and down crap while dodging bullets at 100% move speed. This one implant has the potential to totally change combat dynamics.

One easy way to fix it is to make it so firing a weapon suspends this ability for 5-10 sec. Having it set this way would still allow it to be useful to sneaky creepers but not be abused in direct combat.

The cat-like sprint+fall protection is a great idea also. I'd suggest throwing in a jump buff and quieter footsteps as well. Maybe even some stinky cat poots for the final rank.

Mirror cloak seems like it will make stalker cloak pointless. Get hunter cloak, wait 8s while cloaked and stay cloaked while you regen primary cloak. Cloaked sneaky LAs and HAs are pretty scary aswell.
  6. Cryosin

Yes you're 100% right outside of just looking silly it asks to be completely abused in combat.
  7. DeadlyOmen

Pre-tears are pre-tears.
  8. LaughingDead

You saw how fast devs pushed the thermal nerfs, how stubborn they were with the shotgun nerfs.
    It would not surprise me one bit if they pushed a broken system out just to shut up the people already on the hype train.
    • Up x 2
  9. Eranorz

They are literally running the game into the ground with r3tarded changes.

It's like they aren't even playing the same game we are.

The old adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" would seem to apply. Seems sensible enough advice right?

Trouble is, there will always be people like the DB devs who think they know so much better than everybody else, the original devs, the PTS testers, the playerbase. They know better than all and push these changes on everyone and end up ruining things.

Which is basically what the producer said in his smug little letter to everyone, it was essentially " Ok let's move forward but in the end what we think is more important than what you think so just embrace what we are doing or ****"

You can't develop a game by alienating everyone with radical changes that are an insult to everyone who made the game great, the "deep bone structure" of the playerbase if you will.

And meanwhile the game is still full of absurd bugs that will never be fixed :mad:
    Using the vehicle spawn system without being upside down on the ground in an aircraft for once would be nice:rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  10. VinBenzin

It will be the same, all the time. Nick Silva letter shows it perfectly. Lets see his biography: worked in a complany #1 for two years, leaved. Worked in a company #2 for four years, leaved. Worked in a company #3 for a year, leaved. Etc,etc,etc. Now he is in PS2 team. What i mean:
    Such people just looking for some places, where money is good. "They pay to me - im making visibility of hard work. I will show them how much work i made (new implants, weapon rebalance, new features, new useless functions, etc) and they will pay me money for that."
    This work not for planetside 2, its only to impress their bosses, people, who pay them money. In the same time, bosses thinking about game commertial perfomance only. They are not playing their own gameprojects, they just looking at statistics. But statistics changes not fast, not much players will leave the game because of broken or stupid implant system. If game goes down, its a long process.
    So, such "developers" like in planetside2 have a lot of time to impress bosses, talking about their amazing experience and knowledge. And then, after few years, when they will recieve enough money, they will leave project. Developers not playing games. They just come for a work, do something, go home. Enough. They are not fans of the game, they dont care about its future. They care about their own future. They just need money and experience in DBG to show it at their next workplace. So, they just do something, doesnt matter what is. Just some "progress" to be payed. Game without bugs and problems wouldnt need lots of developers, like healthy people will never come to doctor.
  11. hollowed

This does indeed sound radher unnerving and coupled with implants no longer using energy to power them it all seems over the top a lot.
    I mean the game has such a staggering list of long standing unresolved issues that playing around with ballance tweaks and hardly reasonable game changes seems a bit of an insult to say the least.
    Anyway, no hard feelings from me, I'll just walk away when i feel insulted enough. No drama, no forum rageposts.
  12. Liewec123

its actually a really really good change, it is just those 2 implants that are excessively game changing.
    i really look forward to energy being removed, finally i can run regen higher than rank 1 and not feel like i'm wasting it when i'm not taking damage, or if i'm driving a vehicle.
    also the change to how you acquire implants is much better, far less RNG,
    you have a resource which you use to upgrade the implants you want.

but yeah, cloak for everyone and 100% movement speed while crouched is pretty toxic, but the rest of the implants are great :D
    i actually have faith that atleast the cloak implant will be removed, if not the crouch speed one too :)
  13. Moz

I think the safe fall implant needs looking at..... You can bail from the flight ceiling and live!?

That cant be intended?
    • Up x 1
  14. Eternaloptimist

Merge them...............My cats can remain perfectly still and somewhere invisible in the house for hours at a time (minor cloak) and then move like greased lightning (catlike) when they hear anything that sounds like food being prepared . :)

TBH, the minor cloak function sounds highly exploitable and catlike seems to be able to make experienced players even harder to hit. But these implants are still on the test server and in reality no one knows yet what they will look like when (if?) they are released.

My only observation at this early stage is that combining faster movement speed with an overshield (which currently slows an HA down) would appear to be contradictory if it was possible to use both at the same time.
  15. DarkStarAnubis

Can the "minor cloak" implant be combined with the "hunter cloak" ability of the Infiltrator?

If so it would make an Infiltrator completely invisibile ("hunter cloak" on --> move --> stop --> "minor cloak" on --> "hunter cloak" off --> recharge --> ...) and yet capable to use the main weapon, which is impossible when using the "stalker cloak" ability...
  16. User8888

Do i get cat aspect too ?? Hello kitty lets role play
  17. OldMaster80

While I'm usually for "First test, then cry" I'm also worried. We all know PTS population is too low to run a meaningful test.
    And the idea of these two Implants... I don't like it.
    I mean... invisible HA with a Jackhammer? Really? Who the hell think this might be a good idea? o_O
  18. FirePhox

You get cat ears when you equip it so your team mates can tell you're being a cheap bastard and TK you.
  19. MonnyMoony

Minor cloak seems like a dumb idea. All classes with, what is in effect a stalker cloak.......! Perhaps if it was reworked so it acted like an Eldar holofield - breaking up your outline when running, it might be useful without being exploitable.

Also catlike seems over the top. IMO a better function for catlike would be if instead of allowing 100% movement speed whilst crouching - it instead allowed you to climb up steeper inclines (thereby making more of the map accessible to non_LA classes.

I also think ammo printer is a bad idea - it would essentially make the engineer ammo drop redundant and also makes weapons like the phaseshift rather pointless (with ammo printer - all sniper rifles get infinite ammo - thereby largely negating one of the unique selling points of this weapon).

A sniper with hunter cloak, minor cloak and ammo printer could stay hidden out in the field indefinitely.
  20. Cryosin

That's the thing. You can't test everything all the time.

"Hey let's make a mosquito with 4x health and invisibility"

You don't need to say "wait and see how it plays out" to know that's a terrible idea.