PTS Update - 1/3

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by ps_nicto, Jan 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klondor

You have the Betelgeuse, Eclipse, and Darkstar, all of which have unlimited ammo and dont need an engineer. The butcher will still need to resupply, why is it wrong for TR to have more Dakka? The butcher also is forced into a long reload every time you touch a resupply terminal. This is fair.
    • Up x 1
  2. DIGGSAN0

No it is unbalanced and you know it so stop that okay?

Everyone and their Mother knows that no Reload...not even Downtime for a Weapon is pretty OP.

Heat Mechanic can Overheat which means you have to manage that or you are busted.

Butcher has 500 Ammo which restocks itself by just sitting on Ammopacks with NO DOWNSIDE at all.
  3. GR-Wing

If your going to nerf the mana turret into near rocket launcher range you could at least give us a shield or something to compensate for the increased pressure like a shield. Rarely is it just a vehicle shooting at you but at that distance infantry are just as big a problem or at the very least fix the god damn positioning system you know how hard it can be to find a decent spot to put the mana turret down sometimes (this usually gets me killed before i even get off a shot with the thing).

If you do nothing at least have the kindness to refund the certs to those of us who wasted 2000 certs on them.
  4. Alkaid1

Ouh interesting. I kind of like the thermal nerf. Hopefully this will nerf the a2g noseguns a little bit. If the flak nerf will come to live like this I might try out ps2 again. We'll see...
  5. GR-Wing

One last thing whats the point of nerfing the galaxy's bulldogs.
    A the damage nerf prevents people from just hovering close and rocketing the hell out of your crew. If a good gunman can actually hit that ESF with the bulldogs projectile speed good on him he probably deserved that kill.
    B it's function is the provide some actual cover for your squad your dropping not tickle the infantry killing your teammates
    C lets not forget this vehicle costs just as much as a tank or MAX.(I would actually like the see the nanite cost reduced for QRF platoon reasons)
  6. Klondor

You know what, i'm suddenly perfectly fine with this. 500 rounds is fair and balanced, See you on the front-line, baby.
  7. DIGGSAN0

Yeah but as soon one of the other two faction has something better like a oneshot sniper (on body) YOU would freak out and blame the balance all over it...

That double standard makes me sick.

I can and would be happy even for the other factions if they get a buff WHICH ISN'T COMPLETELY GAMEBREAKING...
  8. Klondor

If the enemy has a 1 shot sniper (Or something very close, *cough cough Railjack*) i would just learn to use cover better or make them come to me. Kinda like what i do now. Fancy that.
    Its also not like people are going around with, i dunno, Close quarters combat sniper rifles, that get low power optics so you can actually 1 shot people who have no hope at killing you. But i'm wrong, so what do i know? ;)

You'd probably moan and cry if the butcher had a 200 round magazine with the same mechanic.
  9. Merica4427

@devs, dreadful horrible nerf patch and even worse thermal vision you clearly have no idea what your doing with this game, never played it before in your life never played a war game in your life, leave thermal vision alone. stop nerfing things into the ground, if you want to kill the game keep going the way your going.
  10. ShadowOfNemesis

Ok i delete the test server version of my computer thats totaly useless for 20Go. Devs never listen the community of players and now push the changes to Live server so test server is useless. The events of this game is too hard to finish because of players who have already finish them or dont want them kill you when you are in ESF for kill snowmens or pumpkins (let players spawn on locked continent if their faction locked it for this part of event directive at least). Directives (event or normals) are impossible, too long or hard to finish for casual players (The ******* MAX directive who require too many MAX punch **** !) Directives should be more easy to finish because the game is too hard for lots of players now and lots of players go on battlefield or COD etc... ! Before construction system we could play just an alert (1 or 2 hours), lock a continent and quit the game happy ! Now we should play for minimum 6 hours or 1 day for doing something in the game IT'S TOOOOOOOO LOOOOOONNNGGGGGGGGG ! A game on battlefield or others game is so quickest OMG !

You want change the Mana Turret for reduce range ok but its totaly useless now vs heavy assault now, or you should add it a shield like other turret and a better crosshair much better than this ******** of white dot omg (happy to use Recursion because without crosshair overlay i will stop this game since a long time already).

You have nerver change your mistakes on the NC armor render with shiny camo who dont shine at all on now since more of 1 year i have reported it **** ! I use real money for camo that i can't use on NC character because of that Grrrrrr !

You have change the thermal optics for more real battlefields and hide infantery behind trees, flowers etc.... So or you refund all the accreditation spent in this optics and in this case put the camo on all the armor of soldiers like before (like IRL ok for a futuristic game how can you say thats soldiers don't use the camos for hiding them better on snow, forest etc...). Before the camo coverage are more important on infanteries and vehicules and now you have reduce the coverage of camo because for seeing better the faction of each players on battlefields and now you remove highlights of infantery with thermal optics for not seeing them easily so in that case rechange the ******* camo coverage for having a full camo coverage like IRL OMG !

Like i have read here, i think you no longer play your proper game because you don't see bugs thats are present since more of 1 years (shiny camo on the ******* NC infantery) all the VR on live servers are buggued too (missing enemies vehicules, missing rocket launcher for light assault, lock on weapons that dont work etc etc etc....) STOP CHANGING GAME MECHANICS OR NERFING WEAPONS OR VEHICULES AND MAKE SOMETHING FOR THE ******* OLD BUGS ALWAYS IN GAME !!! And put the construction system on an another empty map with just some hills maybe and rollback the old alert system on continents like before for all the casual players who can't play 6h/day on this ******* game because they work or maybe go to school ! I really start thinking that you don't play games IRL because PS2 is (was) an MMOFPS and now become more and more a MMORPG thats not at all that i want ! Now for FPS i prefer battlefield/COD etc... much faster games if i want MMORPG i will take a real MMORPG ok and for the ******* construction system i will prefer use an old good Command & Conquer for constructing my base because much much more faster than this ******** ! You want doing too much things and you just cant or loose all the community of players like since Daybreak arrive. For a multiple type of gameplay i have GTA 5 ! So keep the MMOFPS like before that can be play quickly or you will die soon. I love PS2, or i loved it before :-/ Sorry, my english is horrible like your french translation of your game ! :(
  11. Christonejazz

That's all....very interesting.
    Tbh, would put the "AV fire group" type function on the more "accurate" LMG's(EM1/Flare/TMG-50) (as an Ammo variant) as opposed to the ChumpSAW.
  12. TAGHEULL

I've been playing for two years now, mainly engineer, rank almost max, Vanu on Cobalt ! For me PlanetSide2 was the best game ever ! So much fun ...

... but that was before these damned updates !

The Ants ?! Awesome, I like the collect of resources and the Ant well used can be quite competitive on the battlefield !

Mobile bases ?! Nice too, enough to give a little hard time to the enemy ...

But then, really guys ?! Really ?

First you remove the Anti-Vehicle turrets from tech plants ! Why ? What purpose ? Just remove the tech plant directly then ...

I figure that, too bad, instead I will use my portable turrets ... but wait, NO ... now since the last update my portable turret is just USELESS !

Then, you put the same fate to the turret AA which becomes USELESS too ...

And to finish in beauty, you remove the thermic image on infantry on our vehicle weapons? But what, you fell on your head ?! What about a fury in a dark night light ? USELESS ... What about my PPA weapon ?! USELESS ... I am really angry of having taken so much time and credits to upgrade my weapons ! All this sweat for nothing ! ( and of course no credits back )

You remove all the fun from the game, it becomes a chore the last 2 weeks to play ! All around me is just complain about the upgrade ...

You should fired the guy who laid this nonsense ! It is leveling from the bottom to the profit of mediocre players! Either this guy has never played PS2 or it's a bad player who lowers the level of the game to his !
  13. Charlychop

i dont know man, there isnt much skill in using turrets a territory away to snipe ESF.
    Not much skill either in standing outside render range with a pixel accurate, hard hitting, missile launcher with infinte ammo.
    or running around in an invisible vehicle with a granade launcher shooting at bright red dots in the night.

as a tank driver it was not fun to just randomly lose 20 to 30% of your hp just cuz you pressed RMB. retaliation? simply not possible.

i do agree about the turrets in techplants. they were annoying but any half decent push would take the tower first.

the only bad thing about the recent update is that they did not refund the certs ppl spent on thermal. the change was simply too big not to refund it.

on the other hand, Former thermal isnt USELESS as you so easily point out. it still possible to see infantry, its just not as easy. just think of it as them taking off the training wheels.
  14. TAGHEULL

The problem is: rather than rewarding the infantry with a "counter-thermal" implant, they punish good players by taking away hard-earned dues ! They think punishment rather than reward ...

And sincerely Charlychop, to say such bullsh¨¨, you should be silent forever !
  15. Charlychop

not really, ask around, NO ONE likes getting killed from something you cant even see. its only fun for the one doing it. and as i said, it takes no skill to do it. you should be silent if you consider YOUR fun, above everyone elses. balance be damned.

if anything, lets agree to disagree and leave it at that.

i agree though, an implant that makes you invisible to thermal wouldve been a better option or anything else really. removing it from the thermal itself just made it obsolete for what people bought it mainly. to see infantry.
  16. Vinson

top armour change makes no sense.

i have godsaw. damage change seems silly. same on other guns. thermal changes? you owe me 1,000 certs!!!!!!

ridiculous. last money from me for a long time until it gets better.

You guys are focusing on the wrong stuff. if you are trying to kill this game, it's working. You need to add stuff to fight for, long term goals, and reconsider the 2025 road-map.

you are sitting on a goldmine of a game, but you need to re-think what you are doing to make revenue and build a future-proof game and IP. could be ur last chance given the timetable and population.

we need outfit vs outfit incentives/fights, reasons not to just zerg, better bases, tactics, etc.
  17. TAGHEULL

They have nothing to do with the veteran players, their target is MONEY and this money will be picked up in the pocket of the young players, the last litter of puppies ! To do this they reduce the lethal force of the armored veterans, their range, their powers of damage so as not to frighten the new recruit who will pay for the last bling bling rifle ...

Why not listen to the veteran's opinion, correct the game with the update we ask and later ask me few dollar$, few €uros every once in a while by fidelity and without obligation, I would be more than happy to give some money for a good update, for a game as complete, awesome, fun and free ...

We, the veterans are no longer valuable, we no longer generate profit !

[IMG]

Dear Vanu, help us !
  18. DRAX21

Why can't I comment on the Implants Test server thread? Where are we suppose to give feedback?
  19. Dualice

Chiming in with the tweaked auraxium SMGs being pants. An invariably CQ-orientated weapon does not need half-baked attempts to make it effective at range; it's still going to suck.

+1 for the combined ALS/extended mags idea. That'd be lovely.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.