Fury nerf feels over the top

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Magma52, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Magma52

So they decreased the indirect damage from 334 to 150 on all Fury weapons as a means of nerfing its anti infantry capabilities. It feels very weak to me now. I would much rather they did a small nerf to indirect damage (bring it down to 250) and a small nerf to anti vehicle damage as a compromise...instead they went overboard on indirect damage and it now feels almost useless against infantry.

Just my opinion.
    • Up x 3
  2. Vivicector

Yea, its too much. I bought Fury as universal weapon. Now its useless against infantry.
    Wish I can sell it now.
  3. LaughingDead

It's not even a universal weapon, bassys can fight air ground and infantry, fury could just fight infantry and lesser vehicles. If anything they should've just lowered it's AV damage. A bulldog can't even cover the distance traveled while a infantry is perking a door 5 m in front of you, this is just sad.
  4. Ziggurat8

But it will make the game better! That's why they are rebalancing everything!

The nerf train is at full speed now. I can't wait to see what's next!
  5. Pikachu

I remember a time when I killed MAXes with 2 shots from my flash fury.
  6. Magma52

That was before even I started and it must have been ridiculous. It could even OHK infantry. That was an entirely necessary nerf...but this nerf is just so over board. As LaughingDead said all they should have done is decrease the AV potential instead of making it practically useless at AI.

There are a lot of people now suggesting that a lot of these vehicle nerfs are down to Wrel's play style as a low K/D solo infantry player and that he is literally carving out a game that suits him. Isn't he a player turned dev? Whose idea was that anyway ffs? If they keep pissing off the vets then the game will die.
  7. Pikachu

8. Hajakizol

Dont most tank shells have like 500 indirect damage? And doesnt the fury fire much much faster than tank guns?
  9. LaughingDead

Don't all rocket launchers have a 750 indirect damage? Don't some rocket launchers have faster reloads than tanks?

Mate, they changed furies from being a 1 meter 3 indirect kill to a 7 indirect kill, put it on being too versatile and didn't put it on all vehicles in the PTS phase, this was literally a major nerf out of the blue without warning and further proves that devs wants vehicles to **** out of all infantry fights.
    • Up x 1
  10. Campagne

I do think it went a little too far.

It felt OK before. Maybe a little cheap to kill and die to rapid-fire explosive spam, but it was OK.
  11. Okaydan

Well, farming infantry with radar flash + fury was quite effective. That said, it's TTK on splash is now so horribad, you get outgunned by every infantry you try to **** in the butt. They just turn around, tank the splash damage (cuz direct hits on flash is hard), and then penetrate your skull some (because you gotta drive slow to make your shots count). Back to renegade it is. Too bad I still need ~400 kills with it for auraxium :(

As for sundy, I don't mind much. It's mostly used for farming harassers and lightnings, not really infantry.

Also, this is pure VS hate. Now the marauder is even better than the Fury, and the nerfed Fury is STILL better than the PPA-H... RIP VS AI guns.
  12. Pinkpuff

The Proton II is f'ing amazing now.
  13. Okaydan

Still the worst of the 3 ESAI weapons on harasser. The Fury-H has slightly better KPH/KPU while having much better VKPH/VKPU. Now that Fury-H has been nerfed, it will end under the PPA-H, but the PPA-H will STILL be the worst of the 3 ESAI.
    Fury-H was literally better than PPA-H and the Marauder-H is a straight upgrade over the Fury-H (minus vehicle damage).
  14. Magma52

Yeah, it would have been more reasonable to bring down the indirect damage to 270 and see how it performs...maybe even 250 would be OK. But 150 just makes it completely useless. Fury is now an anti vehicle weapon and nobody will bother using it against infantry. On the PTS it was applied to the Harasser only. Why did they skip every other vehicle and blanket nerf out of the blue? It's such a bad way of balancing...
    • Up x 1
  15. LegendarySalmonSnake

I always felt that the bulldogs where better on cheesy indoor sunderers (NC arsenal, construction sites, etc) but my gunners always complained that they wanted furies because they were easier to use. Now I have an excuse to use bulldogs instead. Also bulldog-f anyone?
  16. Moz

Well, first the nerf to thermal massively reduced the effectiveness of the Fury against infantry then its get nerfed further and is now almost useless.

If you want to make it a dedicated AV weapon at least increase velocity slightly.
  17. Daigons

I didn't think it was possible to make the Flash Fury even more suicidal.
  18. Hajakizol

The flash fury is almost free why should it be so effective?
  19. EViLMinD

The Fury was too effective in its AI role. I solo farmed with it, on all three vehs that can equip it (especially, the Harasser), like a madman. It was very strong when you get the hang of the arc.

Nevertheless, DBG went a little too far with the nerf. The splash reduction was too much. Glad they didn't reduce the direct fire, though. That should be left as is.

If the devs are unwilling to up the indirect damage a tad, then, they could adjust other aspects of the weapon's performance. Only small changes. The velocity, mag size and/or reload speed could be improved.

The Bulldog needs a buff in those areas too. With the arc and ROF, it was already challenging to use for most players.
  20. The Shady Engineer

Honestly the post nerf Fury is Ranger level of situational. Yes it will still melt all things that drive if you sneak up on them and your gunners can lead shots. That's about it though.

Any infantry beyond 40m, you're not killing. Infantry not on flat terrain you're not killing. Using it to defend a deployed Sundy is hopeless. Vehicles beyond 100m you're not killing unless they're stationary. MAXes laugh at your pathetic attempt to get a direct hit on them since splash barely dents their suits, especially considering most AV MAXes wear flak.

Yeah, technically Furies can still kill infantry if they're on flat terrain, are within that 40 ish meter range and the gunner is skillful but it would also be a giant waste of grenades which the Fury doesn't have much in reserve anyway. Would be more efficient to get out of the Sundy and should the guy with my carbine. =/

In other news, Kobalts are amazing and produce the spiciest rage tells. :p