February 2 game update thoughts.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Okjoek

1. Yes Battle Galaxies deserve the nerf. They're indestructible in small fights. This isn't how I would've liked to have seen it nerfed though.

2. Oh God not my Sunderer's Fury for protection against infantry. RIP =( Kobalt time?

3. New carbine yay. Still nothing Empire Specific though =(

4. LMG and AR nerf (?). IDK. I'm more of a carbine/SMG/Shotgun guy myself, but I do like my MSWR so I'll just have to see what becomes of it.

5. I'm no rebel scum, but they get a cool Godsaw feature for fighting vehicles that sounds cool. Always wanted the butcher which got some cool changes I think, IDK it had a spinup time to begin with. Only directive weapon I've obtained is the DMR-99 Battle Rifle.

6. I love Valkyrie so I hope the Pelter rocket buff's make it more fun to use.

7. Yay no more flipping my ANT (amongst all other vehicles) by driving over weird plants on Hossin.

8. Always love more decals

9.Updated biolab lighting? curious to see that.

10. unless I'm reading it wrong the Ranger is getting a buff in terms of being able to lower the elevation farther which is great for my sundies to act an an anti-aircraft station. Bunch of other vehicle gun elevation changes too so I'm gonna have to try them all out individually.

11. Reducing the size of yellow dot sights is nice because I felt that the Masamune's special 1x dot optic was really nice and tiny which I wish I had on other guns.
  2. Campagne

I'm mostly happy with this update. Nothing really glaring.

I'm still a little underwhelmed by the GODSAW's new AV mechanic. If the numbers are the same as I've been told previously I still see no reason to actually ever use it over the flat better GaussSAW, except for the fancy camo.

I do appreciate the directive pistol buffs, but they still hold less than any other weapon in the game. They need more work yet, in my opinion.

Happy about the bug fixes though!
  3. OldCuban

All I saw that concerned me was the change to the Godsaw that let's it damage heavy vehicles and all the nerfs......omg the nerfs, there's just so many this patch.
  4. Drag0

A game this old shouldn't be having patches like this... The balancing was fine day one of release and should of been left that way - developers need to stop using beta testing for marketing promotions and use it to balance the game for final release. When a game keeps doing balancing patches like this years after release they end up just going in circles...

Finalize all the weapon stats and ignore the cry baby user base - because for the 1 person on the forums crying about quitting there are 5 other players that never come to the forums that will quit due to over reaching nerfs/buffs.

You know what brings back and keeps players? New Content. Changing game mechanics that players have gotten used to for years is a sure way to piss a lot of players off and do further damage to game balance.

And the one thing that pisses me off is for some reason when I decide to play (which isn't a lot lately) there is some dumb *** patching! Pick a better time like 3am CST...
    • Up x 4
  5. freeAmerish

You get a new shiny NS weapon... they don´t nerf any NS weapon.
    DB nerfs Fury and Bulldog:( but good news on test server they have three new Sunderer weapons in development.
    Very handy you get those probably in a Bundle soon...

You get it?
    • Up x 1
  6. LodeTria

It's more vehicle nerfs, some justifiable and most not. The look angle nerfs were completely unwarranted. Oh well I barely play infantryside 2 anymore.
  7. ..:::FLASHBACK:::..

Now the TR - NC are happy we have nerfed everything in Vanu! :p

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you nice patch! :eek::mad:

Thanks Whrel !!

Vanu for life.

Improve game ? bah ... i uninstall game.

I thought you would have improved the anticheat system, since there you find that people with a KD 75 level 50 !!!!!

You are ruining the game!
  8. pnkdth

Huh? The BG got a nerf similar to every other LMG in its class.
  9. Towie

Don't like the look of the angle nerfs on the Sunderer - for example, pre-patch a Harasser can draw alongside a Sunderer and the Fury can't hit it directly. This is particularly exploited by the likes of the Vulcan-H.
    Post patch that blind spot will be larger and with the splash reduction too, means there's effectively a safe zone for enemy vehicles where they can hit but can't be hit.

Still - we'll have to wait and see.
  10. Ragnarox

oh thanx, now Darkstar isnt bad anymore, its awful :)
  11. JobiWan

Funny how a lot of existing weapons get nerfed just as new ones are coming out, that cost money or certs to buy.

Colour me cynical.

And I bought furies for my sundy with real money, but no refund. They had thermals too so my battle bus is heavily nerfed.
    • Up x 5
  12. Pikachu

Go play Conan Exile instead. :D People seem to have lots of fun in that game.
  13. pnkdth

More accurate though and everything got "nerfed."
  14. Ragnarox

Yea but they are nerfing all weapons still OP HA shield stay the same, why don't they nerf that too. medic is now **** cause of AR nerfs and classes like HA and LA are now kings of lagside2.
  15. Kcalehc

Aww man, and I was so close to Auraxium'ing both Sunderer Fury's, now its going to take even longer!

Though seems like walkers with more pitch down angle may be a somewhat better choice than before.

So overall, shame about the galaxy, could have been worse, but mostly unnecessary.
  16. Pikachu

At least they didn't add the opaque ceiling on biolabs.
    • Up x 1
  17. Rhello

The guy who made the SMG changes should be fired. It's like you're telling yourself it cannot get worse, yet they manage to make it become awful.
  18. Haquim

My thoughts?

Hmmm..

With a few exceptions, the pitch angle adjustments listed below are intended to create small pockets of infantry vulnerability close to the vehicle. This change was especially important for the ANT, which has the maneuverability to get into tight spots occupied by infantry, while also maintaining an immunity to small arms fire.

My thoughts?
    Apparently having C4 is not enough advantage against vehicles in "tight spots", and vehicles being impervious to 9mm bullets or plasma fragments or whatever is deemed OP. Ignoring the fact that 30% of infantery is carrying around a ROCKET LAUNCHER at all times.

Fury nerf?
    Well, this is the description that i remember:

The Fury launches 40mm grenades that are effective against infantry and capable of light damage against armor

Welp, they nerfed the AI and also a little bit AV weapon because it was too good at doing what it is SUPPOSED TO DO and justified this by quickly renaming it into an AV weapon. Which it is NOT - the only reason it works that way is because harassers are freaking fast and use it as a combi-weapon against both or sundererers use their riddiculous tankyness and repair modules to bullrush enemies and get in range.

My thoughts?
    Infantry get so much easymode that I can't even laugh in despair anymore.
    Combined arms? That propably means assault rifles are assembled from several parts or something, it definitely has nothing to do with different vehicles and infantry interacting.
    Wrel said he has a vision of combined arms in this game ('and yes, it includes vehicles').
    Vehicles propably get weapons locked when damaging infantry soon.
    If there was ANY game, any kind of competition for PS2 I would be long gone.
    • Up x 2
  19. DeadlyOmen

Arbitrary changes welcome unintended consequences.

The ability to change something that frustrates one in game should not be a justification to make the change.
  20. freeAmerish

Brrrrr, probably he thinks about a Sunderer bringing infantry to the next base. When talking about
    vehicles.
    • Up x 1