What happened witht he claymores?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Devilllike, Jan 31, 2017.

1. LegendarySalmonSnake

Forumside won't let me edit my post so had fix some sentences this way:(
  2. Deffington

I always thought that the TR claymore is meant to explode in one direction immediately when the enemy crosses the laser, which made it deadly. In the same time, model is much more visible to make it easier to spot and evade by people who think about them. So they had their advantage in killing potential but had to be placed in certain way not to be spotted. JobiWan knows, my NC character hated his claymores. Now the mine placed behind a door won't kill a guy who runs trough and it still is so visible, that it can't be placed elsewhere. I can see why infils are crying...

First TR gets something unique, and then it gets nerfed twice and it's counterparts buffed twice. And in the end, there is a NS weapon coming out of it for everyone. Prowlers are now changing their secondary, since nerfed GK is totally worthless. As NC I didn't want to use the Enforcer because of bad drop, now I'd be most happy to mount that or Saron on my tank.

How much should we cry to get these things back?
    • Up x 1
  3. LaughingDead

Everyone gets something fun then nerfed 2-3 times over mate.

Tbh I don't see why they don't remove AI mines, thought that was right up their alley.
    • Up x 1
  4. Slamz

The claymore still goes off and most people are not running EOD hud, it's just that it's much more likely they can clear the kill zone before it explodes now, because DBG added time to the delay between detection and explosion.

Which, eh, is whatever. it makes mines more of something you use as a warning or to soften someone up rather than a way to straight up kill the first person through a doorway.

I do miss the days when I could kill-farm "elite" players by repeatedly putting out claymores, though. It always amused me (and made me suspicious of hacks) when some elite squad rolls in and they all headshot like pros and never miss but also repeatedly fall for the same claymore in the same spot of the same doorway like 6 times in a row -- like somehow they are good at the game and clueless noobs at the same time. Ah the good old days.
  5. WaffleMonster

Mines placed in certain locations are almost unavoidable (especially the old claymores), no matter how good you are (hence why a lot of "elite" players have always hated them).

Simultaneously, most good players have good crosshair placement. i.e their crosshair is not buried in the ground, therefore making it far more difficult to actually spot them.
  6. Liewec123

really? actually one of the awesome things about claymores that makes them so good is that you can put them to the side of a doorway and they'll deal damage IN the doorway, unlike betties and proxies, which if you hide around the corner in the same way as claymores, won't deal too much damage on a moving target due to them being further from the blast radius.

i was always OK with claymores having a faster (instant?) boom time, they were the best but i was fine with that, this game is asymetrically balanced,
    but even now they're still the best.
  7. ColonelChingles

An interesting theory, but disproved by the data.

AI Mine Time Equipped Per User Per Day
    VS- 82.6 seconds
    TR- 81.8 seconds
    NC- 77.4 seconds

There's no clear pattern that equip time is significantly different between the VS/NC and the TR. In fact the TR appear somewhere in the middle.
  8. OldMaster80

Even after they added a delay I still kill people the same way as before. It makes me think that Claymores are still very effective if you place them carefully.

Btw I think mines show up on minimap only for your friendlies, not for the enemy. VS and NC do not see Claymores unless they carry the EOD HUD imlant. That's to prevent your mates to stay in the detonation range, or to throw an EMP making your trap to explode.

My 50 cents: before raging on forums, get in the game and actually try stuff ;)
    • Up x 1
  9. LegendarySalmonSnake

Damn I really thought I was on to something there. I always thought so when i read the occasional "claymore OP" thread and thought about all those all most too easy group kills i get with proxy tossing. Can you tell me which site you used to get those numbers? Dasanfall only gives so much information.
  10. ColonelChingles

The Oracle of Death has more detailed statistics. The downside is that it's been "frozen" from about June 2016. It's one of the best sources of statistics outside of player populations.

I do use DA stats for some things, like accuracy and best player stats. It's good for that. The downside is that its cumulative, whereas the OoD usually gives 30-day averages.
    • Up x 1
  11. Devilllike

Well i still am in the game do try new things new kits new creative ways to kill people,still trying to figure out how they are so visible anyway
  12. Devilllike

The problem is that some times claymores explode when somebody passes by from outside not even inside and no there was no emp etc etc