So I found a really horrid construction exploit.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dusk117, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Dusk117

2. FateJH

Glaive IPCs are a thing.
  3. Dusk117

Wait, they're in? Huh. Construction obviously isn't my main thing. But still. This is kinda crap.
  4. Liewec123

thats a truly genius place to build a base :)
    yeah you could use a glaive, but you could also just blow up the ants and starve the base :D
    • Up x 2
  5. Dusk117

Kinda hard when 30 TR are swarming out behind your battle line that's facing the lattice base. I'll admit, it was a good catch, but I don't think you should need to build a glaive or wait a week for the cortium to run down to kill a base that small.
  6. Problem Officer

Just drive a vehicle through and C4 the shield module.
  7. Pikachu

Cool base. :)
  8. Dusk117

I did not know this was an option. Cheers.
  9. Okaydan

I didn't know either. I thought vehicles would actually drive on top of them, while taking damage. I don't think vehicles can pass through. Infantry could, if falling hard and self healing at the same time, but that's rather risky and leaves you vulnerable.

So either build an IPC or starve the base. Kudos to whoever built it, though!
    • Up x 1
  10. Liewec123

valk drop a squad of c4 fairies, they'd all take damage and die but they should be able to c4 before that :D
  11. Klabauter8

How do the ants even get back in there? Usually they always drive on top of the shield, and I didn't see even small hole in the shield.
  12. JohnGalt36

I thought they made it so you can't drop C4 through skyshields any more.
  13. Okjoek

Please no. I'd rather see the no deploy zones shrunk by a little bit so there's even more variety to build, especially along the lattice roads.
    • Up x 1
  14. Dusk117

They were just coming through while I was walking about. May have been a small gap they were slipping through for all I know.
  15. CrimsonEclipse5

If you place a spawn beacon, you can use drop pods to allow infantry to pass through the shield unharmed.

Fair warning though, AI controlled AA guns absolutely shred drop pods, so for best results try and synchronise your drops to give better odds of someone making it through.
  16. Slamz

Not a problem really. Let me enumerate the ways to attack a base. I'll try to order from worst (versus this base) to best.

1) Infiltration/infantry attack. Best used on bases where nobody is defending. You sneak in, kill the structural shield modules [and AI modules if absolutely necessary], then overload the HIVE, then blow it up. Explosive bolts on the crossbow, easy peasy. That shield would totally block this type of attack because you'd die trying to get in.

2) Brute force. Bring MBTs and ammo sunderers. Pound the shield down by brute force. Based on observation, this shield has a lot of health and constantly, slowly recharges. It can seem like you're not damaging it but put enough DPS into it and it will go down. You'll want that ammo sundy. Even better if you can get a Glaive to fire in there, I'm just sayin' it's not strictly necessary.

3) Galaxy MAX drop. I'm actually not sure if MAXes take damage from falling through the shield but they definitely survive it. Don't see this a lot but I've seen it.

4) Galaxy crash. Bring MAXes, infantry, whatever. Plop the galaxy directly into the base, through the shields. Everyone pile out and kill everything. Dead people can respawn back into the Galaxy. This is probably the most popular attack method anyway, often with 2-3 galaxies involved.

So #1 won't work at all, #2 is kind of a pain in any case but 3-4 should work just fine and #4 is the favored method in general.

Fun fact:
    You could also just let it starve to death. Ground vehicles cannot go through skyshields. They drive on them. Which is as strange as it sounds. They have no way of refilling their own base without taking down their shield.

So, cool looking spot, kinda funny that one shield totally roofs it but it's also pretty impractical and not particularly resistant to attacks. Nice that they're totally immune to solo infiltrators though. Good base if you just want to build a HIVE, fill it up and log off, I guess -- you'll be immune from casual infantry probes and you wouldn't stop the galaxy drop attack anyway.
  17. Forrest8Gump

On indar on the upper left corner near biolab is fine hole - you put 3 skyshillds and still you can drive by a funny gate made by rocks, and further more, you can put on that rock gate your shield gate :D hide in the rocks, and one time i was atacking with vanu hive there, 3 skyshields, and we coludnt do nothing, and atack was really strong, well it ended when i took excatly sundi, and C4, drove by shild, and one gone down, and few minutes later base was our.
  18. Liewec123

i don't think the c4 can go through, but the infantry can can't they? they'll take damage and die after a few secs, but aslong as they can get through and nuke the core they don't need to live anyway :p
  19. Pat22

Many good options to take out such a base have been listed above, man more complicated or suicidal than they need to be.
    The base is very tight, there's no room for turrets and defenses. Load up a GSD battlebus, drop in through the shield, unload your squad minus the gunners and murderate everything in there.
    • Up x 1
  20. Tehnomaagik

I took out a NC base in that hole a week ago solo which was covered by two skyshields. Also - it is not that one specific hole where you can do that there is quite a fair number of these spots where you can cover entire base by a skyshield. It is not really a problem in my opinion as in the worst case you have to construct Glaive.