Cardiac arrest - Medic at work

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PreZiDenT, Jan 28, 2017.

1. PreZiDenT

Into medic play? Then this is for you :)
    • Up x 2
  2. Campagne

Fun video, but I saw no actual medic gameplay, only "medium assault."

You're setting a bad example for the already nigh incompetent medics in PS2. :p
    • Up x 2
  3. BrbImAFK

I watched that clip. Then I watched it again, paying careful attention to his shields.

Most of the time, his enemies don't even bother to fire back, just keep running in a straight line oblivious. Even when they DO fire back, mostly they can't seem to shoot for ****, barely taking his shield down to half before he downs them.

My question is this.... where the **** do I find enemies like this?!?!? Everybody I seem to shoot at seems to start jinking even before I open fire. And even when I attack from behind, by surprise, they seem to just spin around 180* and triple-headshot me before I've even broken their shields.
  4. MonnyMoony

I have watched videos like this and often wonder the same thing - I never seem to come up against enemies as incompetent and as lacking in situational awareness as the ones in these types of vids.
  5. Demigan

Question is, do you really want to be fighting incompetent players who arent a challenge all day?

Well, looking at all the players who wouldnt hesitate to abuse something like invulnerability, permanent strealth, throwing/shooting through walls etc I think most people "want" it, but when you look at how long they enjoy it you are better off with the players who offer a challenge.
    Just imagine having to play every single game on the easiest setting and never being able to set it higher... Thats going to make it a lot harder to enjoy.
  6. BrbImAFK

Well.... you have a point. It probably would be boring to interact with what are essentially poorly programmed bots. That said, it would be nice not to run headlong into a 360* noscoping MLG-leet-pro with laser headshotting accuracy who's ADAD'ing with perfect timing to cause the netcode to freak out occasionally. Just sometimes.
    • Up x 1
  7. Corezer

I've been running into bads a lot more often lately... influx of new player interest? returning players with minimal time under their belt before becoming dissatisfied with the pre-construction/cont revamp game?
  8. Ziggurat8

I especially like the part where he steps over 3 dead friendlies to get to his next firing line.
    • Up x 1
  9. PreZiDenT

Having saved teammates before and killed in the process I tend to only do it when I have to.
  10. PreZiDenT

Guess you can call it that:)
  11. BrbImAFK

I don't rez everyone I meet either. The dude that brings a stalker infil with an XBow to a point-hold in a 96+ / 96+ fight doesn't get rezzed - I've got better things to do. The ***-hat dude that pulls an AI MAX in a 4-a-side fight at 4AM doesn't get rezzed either. The dude that literally just stands there doing nothing and lets me get flanked and killed while I'm rezzing other dudes gets blacklisted for as long as I can be bothered to remember his name. Ditto for anybody that doesn't at least try to cover my *** while I'm healing them. I will seldom rez anybody that dies while camping in the spawn-room.

On the other hand, I don't mind rezzing somebody that'll just die straight away again, as long as I think he's got a decent chance to get back to safety in 1-2 rezzes or if he's quick. I'll rez anybody that's pushing a point / generator. I'll rez anybody that has the balls to go through the door before I have to (which lets out most HA and MAX's). Etc. etc. etc.
  12. Deffington

IDK, I have pretty much the same problem as the other guys. And game tends to be less enjoyable if you don't get kills. Especially, if you need to kill 800 Medics to get last directive done. Playing on Miller, it is very rare for me to see enemy medic and even more rare to get the kill. And I have my Healing and Reviving rewards done since summer, sometimes I wish I could throw away the tool and continue as a medium assault. Of course I still heal and revive people, often even if it gets me killed since I never worried about KD number. But it is hard to make those other directives with people around just dying and yelling for revive. Saviour kills and medic kills are rare like unicorns...

To give some numbers, I auraxed SABR recently. For all that time I made just like 70 medic kills. And that was a weapon which allowed me to pick targets. Now it's gonna be even worse.
  13. Dusk117

I mean, free certs, but it's your loss.