What is the best way to get a good kdr?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Klabauter8, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Hitback

kdr = situational awareness= something 99% of PS2 player population simply doesn't have.
  2. Corezer

Till I EMP spam ur *** starting at like a minute lol
  3. Corezer

this. learn to read the map/battle lines, then with enough experience u can make relatively accurate predictions as to which fights are on farm. High KD players are also good shooters, cause that helps u survive what you cant predict (such as random flankers etc) but for the most part it's cause they don't run face first into a meat grinder.

Also, getting a stress ball or something, so u don't get pissed off and run face first into a meat grinder (tilt) is a good thing for KD lol
  4. Liewec123

play an infiltrator in a tank, gank things from far away,
    use NAR and fire suppression to keep it alive, if things look in the least bit like your tank will die hop out and stealth away, relog :p
    i'm levelling a char like this seeing how high i can get KDR, a lib ruined it for me with OP tankburster,
    vaporizing my magrider before i could even react.
    • Up x 1
  5. Klabauter8

Infiltrator is good, but it's often difficult to get a good position.
  6. Silkensmooth

Find a base that is under attack, sit in spawn room, and kill people from inside the spawn room where you cant be killed, redeploy before the base is capped. Collect experience and certs, have the best K/D around.

K/D is completely pointless in this game. It doesnt mean anything without context. So you have a K/D of 10, but you fly ESF all the time with ground attack weapons and you fly as light assault so you can bail out anytime you are in danger and redeploy mid air.

You could be sitting in a max in a control point room, or driving in the armor column with HE rounds.

Maybe you are a sniper.

All kinds of cheezy ways to pad stats.

Just play what you enjoy and try to be the best at what you do and dont worry about a meaningless stat like K/D. The only thing K/D is useful for is judging your performance versus your previous performances. It is meaningless for any other purpose.
  7. zu2

Make a goal of what k/d you are shooting for. Spend money on a new computer/mobo/monitor/mouse/processor/graphics card. All of those helped improve my k/d. Spend money on a membership and resource boosts. Having 125 nanites per minute makes a vast difference relative to 50 nanites per minute. You can buy max units and vehicles more often, buy more killing tools like grenades and mines, etc.

Go where there are big fights to help develop your situational awareness. Watch the flow of battle on the minimap. Don't be afraid to fight from the spawn room when you are heavily outnumbered, and don't be afraid to leave the spawn if reinforcements arrive. Spawn vehicles or air when your empire has cheap vehicles or air and learn to farm infantry in spurts so you are less likely to die from AA, rockets, c4, etc.
  8. Klabauter8

Yea, I think this is my main problem. I only play on a laptop with controller. That's probably why I never can get above 2.0 kdr.
    Especially on prime time hours, the game is just pure hell for me.

Anyway, my plan for now was just earning certs with a Medic first, while barely engaging combat, and then buying a Lasher for HA.
    The Lasher is good if you can't aim well. You just have to be above the enemy, then you can kill really good without good aiming.

Another interesting tactic I also thought about was using the Engineer gun which can shoot smoke bombs from the underbarrel, while having these HS/NV optics on it which let you see enemies through smoke. I don't know if this works, but I could imagine it being quite fun to use.
  9. Klabauter8

I probably also should use a Counter Intelligence implant while using the smoke launcher, to make sure they really can't see me (except they are using HS/NV scopes too of course). Do many people use these scopes? I guess when then mostly at night, right?

Probably should use heavy at night then, and engineer at daytime. Infiltrator is fun too, but it's so annoying to always get a good position to snipe from.
  10. DasAnfall

KDR by itself is a meaningless statistic. Most people with extremely high KDR (15+) are actually quite bad.

Should you actually want to measure skill through stats, you should focus on two. KPH and infantry KDR. Those are pretty difficult to pad and will give a concise answer as to "is this person a good infantry player?" 99% of the time.

Most people with high KDRs sit in vehicles in zergs all day and even people with a high IVI kdr usually play passively and don't take any risks.
  11. Zuprize

Depends what KDR you're looking for thou, normal KDR or real KDR that increase the difficulty a bit. Map layout and choosing a class suitable for the situation will help, in general situation awareness improvement will help you more than loadouts/guns, better aiming comes as a natural answer in FPS games.
    My simple suggestion is to keep on playing and try to improve in everything everyday, might be slower but certainly it will make you a better player and stats will increase as a result.
    While KDR isn't a good metric by itself it does have some weight if you analyze a player if you want him on your team or not. Other than that it's the only quick to see metric which makes it the most hated/wanted.
  12. DirArtillerySupport

This! Been doing it since beta....works! Pulling a new vehicle before the old one blows up.
  13. GoTDirt fromMAG

Just photoshop your little hands if it matters that much to you.
  14. hollowed

Personally I find a scout sniper semi-agressive infiltrator works best for pure KDR LA is pretty good too as long as you stick to high ground and pay attention to your suroundings. However it will always be largely dependent on how and what the rest of your faction is doing in a given fight.
    You would have to avoid defending bases while outnumbered and surounded and many times there are just well organised enemy squads shutting you down with all the fun gadgets this game provides like sensors mines and stun nades etc.
    you have to recognize when you're up against bad odds in general. My KD isn't all that flashy coz I pefer to actually help out with continent goals fighting the ugly fights a lot of times.
  15. Mojo_man

Maybe it's just me but every thread I ever see on this subject makes me wish more and more that DBG would stop tracking deaths, wipe their Killed X\Killed by X database that players have access to, and kill the hell out of KD.

I have never played a shooter where KD mattered less than it does in PS2. And the stat is no longer used (Largely at least) By the community to gauge improvement, but is instead treated as a goal unto itself. To be pursued for the sake of the individual, often times directly at the expense of the team.
  16. DeadlyOmen

First, see the good in classes, not the bad.

customer548 offers very good advice. I'll add a couple:

1. Never engage without full shield- unless you ahve to.
    2. Reduce aimed mouse sensitivity to a very low number
    3. Run armor once in a while. Be patient.
  17. T-G-K

Play a different game, seriously.
    KDR is toxic to a game like this and the fact they record it as a major star even though the actual number can range from a 0.7 KDR to an insane 15 KDR JUST depending on what you primarily play as.

All you need to worry about is your score per hour, that's the only true indicator of performance in this game.
    • Up x 1
  18. Klabauter8

Just because you play for KDR doesn't mean you play cheesy, you know. You also can play for KDR and still have a good time and help your team. I just wanna die less and kill more. Is that really so special? I think not...
  19. Bearded Wall

Dont lead platoons.

If I got a refund on every death I have standing still with my map open...

Id have like a 1.5kda.
  20. TR5L4Y3R

If you want a good kdr you may play infiltrator main get either a boltaction and learn how to position yourself or you go play ninja ...

if you don't give a shi te about kdr and go mad bomber than you play engineer ... and seriously one or two times going aloha snackbar on sundy's makes more than up for all those godforsaken times i get friggin sniped by those little piece of scrap infiltraitors ....