Reddit Poll by Wrel: Game's Biggest Issues

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GuhMaster2512, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Fishpoke

What a *******. Why wouldn't you post this poll through the game? The coding is already there! FFS. The biggest issue with this game is the development team doing their own thing. How much are these morons getting payed? Hire someone out of the community before 1/3rd of your business model is dead.

The biggest issues aren't even on the poll, this guy is completely disconnected with the game.
  2. Fishpoke

When you have the ability to travel to a relevant destination and even warp across conts at whim, whats the point of transport vehicles? These things had timers for a reason, but someone saw fit to turn this game into a battlefield wannabe.
  3. The Shady Engineer

I know when my buddies and I joined the local zergfit (Emerald NC know who I'm talking about), we lasted 4 days before calling quits and starting our own gig. Over time activity went down and whoever of us remained on Auraxis migrated to TR which at the time was massively underpopped. I know, right.

Anywho, the "hell yeah, they're too scared to face us. UNSTOPPABLE" factor of zerging got old very quick as soon as we realized that in 2 hours playtime, 80% of it was spent either looking at spawn rooms, driving to spawn rooms or shelling spawn rooms. Even now when I play pub platoons and it's starting to get a little 70/30 ish with multipliers, I leave the platoon and redeploy.

I don't know, maybe it's just me. Never had fun being part of a zerg, both when I was new and now that I've been playing for a while.
    • Up x 1
  4. Beerbeerbeer

Im lucky in that I have three BR 100 ish across all factions. I switch on a whim and frankly that is part of the problem.

That and some lattices make it too easy to dump double team one empire and everyone flees that empire like a rat fleeing a sinking ship because they can, which makes the problem worse.

Experience bonuses do not entice me to play a faction, at all. I'll dogpile the crap out of a faction multiple times per day because those dumbshlts allow me to. I want easy and it's for me to switch to easy whenever I damn please. I jump factions three times per battle sometimes to not only cause consternation, but to spy the crap and find easy farm locations.

This needs to end. They need to make 48 hour lockouts on faction switching. They need to change the enticement because the experience bonuses means little to the players that can help the most. Like offer double the directive rewards to the consistently gimped faction. This bonus doesn't change hourly or even daily, but is based on a criteria of average percent population over a month's time.

I scadenfruede because they allow me to.
    • Up x 1
  5. Mojo_man

This in particular is exactly the reason that, as much as many problems as they generate, I personally feel that obnoxiously difficult bases to attack are a critical necessity. At least for the moment. Despite other options, there's still not really a truly better way of dissolving a zerg than steering them into a fight like a BioLab or The Crown, and just smashing them up in the meat grinder until they're exhausted.

Unfortunately, that solution has it's own problems. Because, as you pointed out, Being on the zerging side is boring in the extreme. So you wind up with situations where new players join in and just look for the largest bunch of friends they can find. Understandable, given how the game can be kind of overwhelming at first. But they'll hop into the Zerg and then be bored for half an hour of 90% or better population domination. Until....they hit that BioLab or Crown or other some such crazy hard base to attack. Then they get mercilessly farmed by the relatively few people it takes to hold onto bases like that. So their experience goes from complete boredom to nauseating degrees of frustration. And this may all last for hours.

I genuinely can't think of a better way to scare new players away from the game.
    • Up x 2
  6. Mojo_man

That seems a bit harsh. Just 2 hours is plenty. I too play all 3 factions, but I like to, at the end of every play session, log into, and immediately out of, each of my characters to get all the free daily certs. Even 2 hours would step on being able to do something that harmless. So if they could figure out a way to allow for that sort of thing, while keeping others from switching just to spy\tk\etc that would be great.
  7. Fishpoke

Planetside ALWAYS had faction lockouts for a VERY good reason and it being removed just speaks volumes to the incompetence of the development team.
    • Up x 1
  8. stalkish

As Fish said, planetside classic already solved this problem, and for good reason.
    In PS1 you only got locked to an empire if you switched.
    So you could start TR, then switch to VS, but if you did switch you were locked to VS.
    Pretty sure there was a small grace period incase you clicked the wrong character, but i wouldnt even risk leaving the spawn tube before logging out to avoid triggering the lock.
    In PS2 it would be even easier, if you click 'Deploy' or spawn or whatever it says when you first login to the map screen you're locked to that empire, if you logout without clicking your not.
    Simple, prevents faction hopping nonsense, allows people to collect certs.
    Of course some innocent faction hoppers simply enjoying all factions would get hurt by this, but unfortunately, with everything in life, the few spoil it for the many, we cant trust players to be honest, simple as that.
    • Up x 2
  9. adamts01

That's pretty much it. To have powerful weapons, you need a system to limit those options. Everything in PS2 is basically free and can appear from thin air just about anywhere on the map in any quantity. That's why everything has to be so weak and unfulfilling. That option wasn't presented in the poll because it's too radical a shift for this game at this time. I do like his spawn proposal, not a bad bandaid, but still a bandaid. Aside from making players use just a little strategy, it gives transports a reason to exist aside from Gal drops.
  10. Mojo_man

I don't see any real issue with that system. As long as they take servers into consideration. What I mean is, If I play NC on Emerald, and then decide I want to go play TR on Connery, and then get tired of TR and decide I want to swap to Connery VS, I should be able to do that. Yes, I Hopped factions twice, but one of the factions I played was on a different server. So long as they take considerations such as that into account, I'm down.
  11. Liewec123

silly poll because imho none of those are the biggest issue,

imho the biggest issues are the artificial queues they added which sometimes make people wait to play ANYWHERE,
    and the continents locking every 30 mins from minecraftside,
    causing people to log off when the nice big battles are halted and we're all sent to inactive continents.

both severely damage the player population.
  12. Drag0

No cheater option? It seems like all I see are lag switch warpers now for cheaters but every time I log on I run into 3-5 of them.
  13. Tar

Yeah it's a trick. You vote "inbalanced fights", they interpret that as "nerf vehicles more".

Also: democracy is bad. You should have skilled game designers who actually play the game to make decisions.
    Otherwise you end up with the dumb majority of casual nobodies dictating to the actual core players. When you lose the core, the game dies.
  14. Wargamer

Generally I agree with the sentiment. I think it might be wise to incorporate a weighted voting system if questions with polls are to be asked. Maybe something like simply amount of money spent amplifies the weight of the vote.
  15. Slamz

The only thing I can think of to reduce zerging would maybe be something like limits on how fast spawning can happen. Like maybe each sector can only spawn 1 person per second. In zerg conditions that's not going to be nearly fast enough and you'll quickly end up behind a long queue. Now that spawn at the next base over is looking pretty good. At the very least, it's a chance to get a vehicle and come back with more firepower (something that's probably a good idea anyway) or you could just decide to go pick a fight elsewhere.

This will be awkward for larger squads though where you want to respawn and rejoin the squad but you're in a spawn queue that's 30+ seconds long.