[Suggestion] Simple way to improve Liberator pilot experience

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FigM, Jan 20, 2017.

1. FigM

As lib pilot, one of your primary tasks is to position yourself in a way that the belly gunner has good angle. Often times, new and even experienced pilots fail to take into account the limited range of belly gun rotation

I propose a very simple yet very useful HUD indicator for turret coincidence

Somewhere on the side of the HUD, show something like this:
    [IMG][IMG]

Letters "Co." and 4 bars forming a square that can be highlighted to show where coincidence happens.
    These indicators would work in coordinate system relative to the Liberator model. That means, if the bar on the right lights up, all pilot has to do is roll left. If top bar lights up, pilot has to pitch up. If all bars light up, then this is special case for belly gun turret gimbal lock (turret can't look strait down) which can be resolved by rotating Lib slightly in any direction

This will take only a small part of pilot's HUD and will be very useful
    • Up x 1
  2. Vodski

I think there are more important things to work on, than the efficiency of aircraft to farm ground.
    • Up x 3
  3. Hajakizol

Makes sense I guess. Or we could just go back to Planetside 1 and have to within a tolerance of 15 degrees from level to use the bellygun/bomber turret at all.
  4. zaspacer

What is "turret coincidence"?
  5. FigM

It means the turret has reached limit of rotation. If you ever gunned a lib, you know how frustrating it is when you "have no angle" and it's difficult to tell the pilot exactly what to do. With this indicator, the pilot will know when you have no angle and will know which direction he has to turn to give you better angle
  6. zaspacer

Ah, gotcha. Thx.

Sounds like a very good + practical idea to me. I think all multi-crew vehicles could benefit from better information for each player on what (key info for them) the other(s) is doing, where they are aiming, etc. Manual Teamwork is cool, but there should be lots of natural/synergy built in Auto info indicators to support that process on basic things like this.
  7. LaughingDead

As much as I would like tools to help gunner/drive/pilot coordination, I honestly believe 80% of the skill is on the pilots part to ensure that the gunners get a good angle while the pilot dodges, I don't think this is necessary, but the idea could use refinement to something a bit more usable, this seems more like a lib training helper over a gunner pilot coordinator.
  8. Tankalishious

No.just....no

This game doesn't need crutches like this. Stop wanting to make the game noob friendly.
    Whats wrong with this generation? It's like you don't want to work hard for anything, but rather just have it served on a plate ..
  9. Insignus

You can have this when Daltons do 50% damage vs. other aircraft. Same bargain for all Liberator modifications.
  10. Fishpoke

Like more reskinned infantry weapons? Go play something else, whiney ******* like you are the reason 2/3rds of the games core play is in shambles. YES VEHICLES ARE PART OF THIS GAME. DEAL WITH IT. Oh wait no ***** until its no longer effective then come ***** about how you have no one to play against because the game died from boring ****** stale biolab fights over and over and over and over. Ugh. PS1 death all over
  11. Vodski

Yeah, heaven forbid gunners have to talk on the mic to communicate with the pilot, for their easy xp.
  12. stalkish

http://www.infoplease.com/askeds/many-spoken-languages.html
    Im glad you speak all of them, but you are the only one who does.
    Playing in europe means dealing with many many languages:
    [IMG]

As much as i appreciate the in-game voice comms, i also can see a reason for allowing such mechanics to assist multi crew vehicles.
    Id liken it to when infantry need ammo, you dont constantly hear people over voice asking for it, or asking for health / repairs, you hear the voice macros. This is because they are the most reliable way of not only getting your friend to hear you, but also guarantee they hear it in their native language (or at least see the text).
    Why have waypoints when squads have access to voice chat? Seems like a bit of a crutch to me, they should have to ask for directions.