Rocklet Rifle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by demondrew, Jan 20, 2017.

1. demondrew

Hi, I was just wondering why cant get rid of the rocklet rifle from any of my loadouts. I'm sure you devs are really proud of it and want everyone to try it out but I dont like things being forced upon me and would like the option to disable it, thanks.
  2. The Wolf

I personally don't even think it should be in the game. Defeats the purpose of a Heavy Assault.
  3. Eternaloptimist

On the equipment screen you should see an arrow at each end of the box that has the Rocklet in it (same as other weapon boxes - they are for swapping weapons).

When Rocklet was introduced I had to click on one of the arrows to equip it , so I assume that If you click either one of the arrows while it is in the box the Rocklet will slide out of the box and then when you press key 3 in combat you should be back to equipping C4 (instead of that being key 4 when Rocklet is available).

Haven't ried it myself..................
  4. FateJH

The Rocklet Rifle counts as a weapon/tool like the Rocket Launcher for the Heavy Assault and can not be unequipped without equipping something in its place. This is not dissimilar to the Infiltrator's mandatory selection of either Recon Darts or Motion Spotter, or the Combat Medic's selection of either Applicator or Shield Recharging Field. For a nonchoice of selection example, my Engineer can only go out with his Nano-Armor Kit in hand.
  5. Exitus Acta Probat

Umm... Just don't use it.

I've been in hotels overseas where there were bidet in the bathroom, I didn't call the management and complain that it was being forced upon me and insist they remove it... I just didn't fraking use it:rolleyes:
  6. Daigons

It might be a "muscle memory" issue with the OP with the Number Keys mapping being adjusted with the additional piece of equipment..
  7. Exitus Acta Probat

But he said "forced upon me" not "it screws up my muscle memory"

Sounded more like "QQ not my President" then a "key mapping" problem.
    • Up x 1
  8. Movoza

You mean that it defeats purpose of short range AT for the HA, C4 being ultra short range?
    Medium and long AT range is still HA territory, shared here and there by engineers, as well as full frontal assault, suppression, defence and staying power?

I understand his complaint for key mapping, as I've been miss clicking my weapons a lot. Still, it is just a learning problem. If you want to turn off Rocklet rifle, why not pistols? Or abilities?
    I think it isn't weird to have it always "on".
  9. Daigons

Well after reading the Planetside 2 Reddit for the past few months, there are a lot of complaints of muscle memory being messed up with the new LA tool. I'm not sure why you're adding your biased president angle to the discussion since PS2 is played by a global community.
  10. The Wolf

Okay negative, it was never meant to fight off any heavy armor. The light assault class is just that a light assault class to do small quick strikes and get out. Hence why they have a jump jet. Stop trying to justify stupidity. Classes are not suppose to have the exact same setups for a reason and if you don't understand that, then go back to playing call of duty.
  11. Anonynonymous

Have you even tried to fight heavy armor with Rocklet? It doesn't even work nearly as good as the launchers Heavy Assaults get. The rocket's piss poor trajectory (even more so with Typhoon rockets) and CoF bloom means you need to be at spitball distance to even have a decent chance of hitting. Rocklet is mainly for Anti-Sunderer and Anti-MAX works. And even then it requires Light Assaults to get close with their comparably weak armor, and thus putting them in much more risks than Heavy Assaults at the same scenario.

And exactly how is Rocklet not fit your "do small quick strikes and get out" role? Light Assault has no staying power compared to Heavy Assaults and their over-shield. And when did your definition of Light Assault become the official role anyway? For many, Light Assaults are considered to be the flanking class due to their ability to bypass obstacles.
  12. Exitus Acta Probat

Whats biased about it?

I just find it funny that someone would say something like "not my President" when you live in the US... Because he is:rolleyes:

If you don't like something you can't just stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist.

Everytime I play Engineer and run into a enemy, I end up throwing him a ammo pack while he shoots me.

I don't QQ that ammo packs are being forced upon me and asked for it to be disabled.
  13. Eternaloptimist

It didn't take me long to adjust to the new muscle memory needed to key C4 when I want it rather than Rocklet.

For me, Rocklet is a close / medium range finisher or super shotty. My pathetic kills so far have been:
    • one burning spear turret (plus the guy repairing it) - single rocket
    • one burning Lightning trying to reverse out of the line of fire (plus driver) - single rocket
    • one crazy, damaged esf (plus pilot) hovering about 10 metres off the ground about 15 metres away to fire into a cave - mag dump
    It is a super handy addition to LA but for me it is more an opportunistic weapon than a hunting rifle.
    OK, so I am not a great LA...............
  14. Cyiko

Yeah I know! It sucks that heavy assaults are no longer the only class to do everything and light assaults can do everything reliably too!
  15. CrimsonEpsilon

My personal opinion... Make C4 be in the same tool slot as the rocklet rifle on the LA... ONLY THE LA. Then buff the rocklet rifle to make it an actual hard decision between the two. Maybe make C4 on LA cost a bit more too? Then multiply the nanites it takes by 1.5.

Just some ideas. I personally think it's fine right now. They both have their place and I think it just can be done better.

If we really want to delve deeper, Nerf C4 damage so that it takes 3 to kill an MBT but 2 to kill a lightning, then let ONLY the LA carry 3. Gives tankers more response to the fairies before exploding.
  16. FateJH

All they'd have to do is raise the C-4 resistance of MBTs from -100% to -40% and it will take three (it will have 80HP after two). It wouldn't even start to need four bricks until somewhere just above +30% resistance so you'd have a lot of leeway.