[Suggestion] Make some of the cosmetics purchasable with certs?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Darkfayl, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Corezer

there are no mirrors in this game, you only get to check your look out at terminals.

I mean hell that's what I do with vehicles right now, my ESF is all tricked out in there cause I don't want to dump any more money right now. Last time I dumped money was for hardlight armor and the boost when they re-released the anniversary packs (boost is gone or almost gone now so however long ago that was)

I would be a lot more tempted to buy them if I didn't have access to them, but enjoying character customization and playing the game are exclusive enough from each other that I wont spend the money and most logical people wouldn't. This is why I suggest an improved trial system that will let you try out your complete look, but not for as long.

What got me to pay through the nose for the anniversary pack was that I cant access hardlight in VR without unlocking it first, same reason I grinded out LA auraxium and why I'm working on forced recon now... albeit very slowly cause I find sniping to be a somewhat degenerative playstyle.
  2. Corezer

no one buys those items anyway tho...
  3. GoTDirt fromMAG

Let's keep the cert complaining to horns please.
  4. johnway

Whilst it would be nice for cosemetics to be unlocked by certs, the reality is that this game needs income from somewhere and cosmetics is the main method. believe me, Planetside 2 is probably one of the more fairer f2p games. the starting weapons are decent (although users will argue this eg the SAW) and all other weapons can be unlocked and none of them are game breakingly OP. Well, maybe the ZOE when it was first released. Literally every vanu max had it.

Cosemetics are still the main method for impulse purchases. Sure those who Sub got DBC and could unlock stuff, but cosemetics was the main method, the implants and bounty hunting were terrible ideas to get cash out of people.

i also would love cosemetics, but after a while i didn't care for several reasons:

1. They didn't do anything ingame.

2. i couldn't enjoy them. In FPS and in vehciles how am i suppose to see the stuff i purchased. i can only enjoy it when 3rd person on a flash. I mean, how often will you spend time on the flash these days?

3. i don't notice it during intense fights. Sometimes i feel being that anonymous person makes me a greater threat. If i was some bright color i would stand out like a sore thumb. Black cameo would be benefical assuming people having cranked up the gamma. Like i did.

4. i can wear everything in the VR training. Simulate having cosemetics without purchasing it! realize that it adds nothing to the game!
  5. D.M.B.-681

To be honest i don't see any reason TO not sell the "generic" helmets for certifications.
    Because fish is not gonna bait on an empty hook, if you know what i mean.

P.S. Under "generic" i mean:
    All those skull helmets
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Infiltrator crested helmets
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Illuminated Apex Helmets
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Maniac Helmets
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Impaler/Rotary Helmets
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    And GD Titan 113/Bravo MHS/Protos Helmets