New phaseshift change

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Professor Hildabrand, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Professor Hildabrand

I am thinking about buying the Phaseshift. The question I am wondering is that if it is better now since there is no charge up anymore with it?
  2. pnkdth

Short answer, yes.

Standard BASRs and the semi-auto scout is still superior in terms of being more specialized BUT having the flexibility and infinite ammo is a worth perk now since it isn't objectively **** in semi-auto mode and good enough as a BASR. So for me, I enjoy it now, and works well with my vagabond style of play.

However, if all you're looking for is a sniper rifle then you're better off with the more specialized rifles + ammo belt. If you play aggressively the Ghost or Scout Rifles are better options... Or in other words, it truly is the jack of all trades rifle now.
  3. Professor Hildabrand

Ok. Thanks for the response. I like the concept behind the rifle. Something always seemed off to be about it though, so it's a good thing now the charge is gone.
  4. BartasRS

I reccomend using it with suppressor in closer range. Biggest downside of it is that it has massive recoil in BA mode so it is hard to see if/how much you mised your target but it has no bullet drop so it is relatively easy to score headshots. IMO it is best used agains other snipers and stationary target. Without suppressor it is very effective for long range sniping providing you can accurately aim.

Since patch I got over 100 kills with it and had much fun sitting in well hidden spot sniping people in close range. Pity it has no lower magnification scopes but you can easily get used to it.
  5. Professor Hildabrand

Yeah, I have been playing around with it. The only problem I have is that the BA mode doesn't change scopes for long distance shots.
  6. MikeC0bretti

7. Professor Hildabrand

I will say this. I have been trying to treat it like a long range rifle. I have got some shots like that, but most of my shots came from mid range sniping. I think I am going to stick that that range.
  8. BartasRS

Problem with Phaseshift is its low bullet velocity (for a sniper rifle), when we add to it massive recoil in BASR modewe have a gun with high "luck" factor when we come to long range sniping. I managed to pull some shots over very great distances but it was mainly against other snipers, engies on turrets or people resupplying at Sundy. For that Phaseshift is awesome.
    However, I found mid range sniping with a suppressor to be very effective as long as I was unnoticed. I could pull off shots I never could do with any other sniper rifle when i saw only the tip ot the enemy head or shooting between branches and other obstacles where normal rifle with bullet drop could never score.

One thing I would need for it is 4x scope.
  9. T.A.94

I actually enjoyed the "old" one a bit more cause of the reward if managing a HS while your target was moving...
    but that`s all

The new one is great and waaaaaaay more friendlier to use
    but it would be cool if it opens up during cooldown the same way like removing the core before the change (without changing the actual core)
    • Up x 1
  10. Reavx

I auraxed the Phaseshift when it launched, it was alright something different.
    Though not the best gun for sure..
    I preferred it before, ok now you can land no bulletdrop head shots with ease at about <140m or what ever it is but you may as well go with another sniper at those range as the bullet drop then is negligible anyway.

At long range the PS sucks *** now.
    The semi auto mode is ****.

I'll stick with my nyx, great for 1v1 and flanking while being able to kill people at any range in two HS for those stationary long distance targets.
    If i wanted to be a pure BASR id go for one of the longer range ones with no supp.
    I prefer the challenge of landing two shots my self with the nyx, always preferred semi auto, had about 4k kills with the Gauss SPR in first year, rank 2 at the time that data base site was up.

On VS though Nyx is love.
    Phaseshift.. Think it can find a niche as a noobcannon for people that need the no bulletdrop 1 shots now and then.
  11. Professor Hildabrand

I have no problem with it being a "noobcannon" because the path of least resistance is the path I always choose. Why work harder when you can just work smarter.
  12. Zagareth

Right used the best weapon sniper weapon now.
    Absolut deadly with OHK upto 185m (Headshot) in Bolt-Action-Mode. At farther distances you better use the Scout-Rifle-Mode, because you probably need at least 2 shots anyway to kill someone (2 quick shots in the head, upto 250-300m works quite well and possible with a 12x scope)
    Farther than 300m, shoot 3-4 quick shots on the body, which is also possible on lower distances, of course.

And do yourself a favour and use a f@cking suppressor or everyone and his mother see you popping up on the minimap. The distances stated above are all possible with a suppressor, so you can operate either silenced close to the enemies or keep sniping at high distances.

BUT STILL: Do not shoot a lot of shots in a short time (especially when you think you got endless ammo), because the more shots you make, the easier can the enemy see your position by following the light trail of your bullets back to you - countersnipers love it when a sniper reveals his position this way...
  13. Zagareth

The Nyx WAS, maybe still IS pretty inaccurate at 150m+, because after recoil it had a small deviation from the original position, which could lead to misses of the head. It also needs 4-5 shots on the body to kill. Also, there is no 12x scope available for it.

It's your choice to use it - I respect that. But personally I find the gun too weak.