Jan 12 MCG changes: Was this a typo?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Tanelorn, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Tanelorn

T7 Mini-Chaingun
    Magazine from 100 to 125
    Ammo capacity from 400 to 500
    Cone of fire bloom from 0.05 to 0
    Standing hipfire CoF from 2.25 to 2.50
    Walking hipfire CoF from 2.75 to 2.50
    Crouching hipfire CoF from 1.75 to 2.50
    Crouch-walking hipfire CoF from 2.25 to 2.50
    Velocity from 600 to 500
    Dev Note: These changes tighten up the weapon’s walking cone of fire, and push it closer to being a competitive weapon, while also allowing the player to equip a laser sight in a way that significantly alters the performance of the weapon.

The above settings actually expand the cone of fire not tighten it. So are the numbers wrong, or is the description wrong. This is a nerf not a buff...
  2. LaughingDead

No, they tightened the WALKING cone of fire.
  3. Liewec123

its a pretty awesome buff, the standing cof got made slightly larger, but the moving cof got smaller and the cof bloom was removed.
    this isn't a weapon to be stationary with, this is a run and gun weapon :)
  4. Klondor

Can confirm, patch made the MCG a much more usable weapon since the laser sight actually helps extend it's range. No need to ADS when you can have the same accuracy while jogging.
    But hitreg right now seems really off since the 1/12 patch, In most engagements, i was landing more shots than they were, spent more time on target, and was moving more than them, and they would still get the kill, as if i never did any damage to them. It's pretty darnn hard to have fun with it when the server isn't allowing you to do the damage in the first place.
  5. Tanelorn

Ok, I stand corrected. Thanks for the perspective.