Petition for Thermal Refund

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HELLHOUNDGRIM, Jan 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HELLHOUNDGRIM

I, and MANY other players have put a ton of certs down on thermal for the fact that it can see infantry. All that is now wasted. Scythe strafe runs are now impossible, due to the fact that there are no methods of quick target acquisition. Lib gunning with a Zepher is now 300x harder.

My main problem is that they took actual time that I've invested into this game, a currency I can never get back, and just made it completely irrelevant. So please, refund all my certs so I can put that time into something else.

Signed, HELLHOUNDGRIM.
    • Up x 15
  2. LilMoses

Cert refund, me too. It is now as useless as the composite amour for the harasser, how are you supposed to spot enemies. You see your bullet flying...wow!

BKNE is back, so is the farm.
    • Up x 1
  3. OgreMarkX

Change is good, cert refund should have been a given. Lack of it is a troubling longer term Development and Design!(tm)
    • Up x 1
  4. Demigan

You've reaped the benefits of your purchase for years and you've earned your purchase back many times over.

Stop complaining, this is a good change. Clearscopes should never have been in the game at all.

You do realize that you are showing exactly why it's absolutely not necessary to have the old Thermals back?
    • Up x 10
  5. OldMaster80

Oh poor boys! They lost their farming machine!

How many certs did you gain over years while you could magically spot and obliterate infantry with impunity?

The game changes over time, live with it. Also claymores have been nerfed but you do not see people crying for refunds.
    • Up x 4
  6. Vamperial

I think they did this with NV years ago when DGB was still SOE. I knew a nerf to NV was coming because I'm horrible at FPS but NV was god mode for me. I never asked for a refund. It sounds like this change was long overdue.
  7. LilMoses

No. I just bought it 4 times recently for a other guns. And as you can see I can make the kills even with this new crazy optics. We have it even on the main gnu of the Vanguard, just because it is handy from time to time and relaxing for the eyes, especially when playing a few hours.

We're asking for cert refund, not for the old thermal optics.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pfettracher

Give me back my certs for termal optics. Nobody buy this useless Optics. I can see a Magrider also with all other visions, and they are much cheaper.
  9. FieldMarshall

I probably have at least 4600 certs into thermals, but i dont really mind not getting a refund. I knew they might get changed at some point.
    Its a risk you willingly take whenever you spend certs on something that you wont get compensated if its changed/removed later. Its even stated in the EULA (that we all agreed to).
    Yes. Refunds have been granted on certain things in the past, but its not something they are obligated to do every time.
    • Up x 1
  10. TheRunDown

11. Demigan

So... Just because there's going to be a few stragglers who bought it recently, everyone needs a refund?
    Also this change was kinda telegraphed. If you bought it from that point you still had the time to get your certs worth out of it.

Doesn't matter. You don't get the cert refund because you've refunded it yourself by now. And if you did buy it mere days before the change while it was already telegraphed then the faults on you. Also for such a modification you shouldn't ask for refunds anyway.

Edit:
    And for all those people who claim this new optic is useless, check out any large-scale combat scenario. You'll see many tanks just chilling and firing at enemy targets while no one even notices they are there. And if you used these thermals I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of you people who claim to see everything just fine now will discover you miss these tanks more than you know.
    This is just like with infiltrators. "I see every single infil that enters my screen, cloak or no cloak! They are easy to see!". In the meantime you don't know how many you missed because you didn't see them.
  12. Liewec123

signed!
    i think its a horrible change but i'd accept it if we got refunds, they completely removed the reason why we all purchased it :p
  13. Campagne

I'm genuinely surprised about how big a deal everyone is making this out to be. I mean, sure, spotting vehicles isn't exactly useful, but personally I've never had any problem at all spotting infantry under any circumstance using any weapon or platform. If anything, thermals just reduced my vision.

Is there something I don't get?

Also, just add my thoughts to the topic: It's debateable whether or not a refund is justified. Typically refunds were only given out for items that had their functionality changed or significantly altered in some way, as it was for nanoweave. One could argue that the base-functionality of thermals has not been changed, only the applicable targets. This has generally never seen a refund, such as when the ES AI vehicle secondaries were nerf'd to no longer damage heavy armour. However, one could easily argue the opposite.

Personally I'm glad the sights were nerf'd, because I rather dislike using them so now whenever I gun for someone there will be a much higher likelihood that they will have chosen a more useful optic for me to use.
    • Up x 2
  14. Pokushocus

Signed.

I can't believe they took away our thermals. When someone mentioned it to me a week ago I seriously thought they were joking. It just goes to show you if you whine enough this game becomes more and more nerf-like. Might as well just take away all our weapons and vehicles so we can toss nerf balls at eachother. Wouldn't that be fun??
  15. J4ster

Signed
    Thermals are now as useless as laser sight for shotties.
  16. Disturbedend

I don't want a refund i want them to change this back. So very unrealistic, just FYI our aircraft can see human heat signatures from the sky in real life at least at Night! So our infantry weapons can have heat vision detection for infantry but our vehicles cannot? The ESF effectiveness at night as infantry deterrent just went down too :(
  17. Corezer

they really shouldn't refund certs at all. This isn't a friggin Nordstrom! If u want certs play the game, if ur bummed that u need certs to get your whatever all spec'd out again, buy a boost.

giving u everything back every season isn't sustainable for a video game.
  18. LaughingDead

Signededed.

They helped identify infantry threats at closer ranges, infantry general bobs and weaves in cover, even a split second to shoot a rocket, devs renaming these to threat detection optics also pisses me off as an infantry player, I've killed hundreds of tanks with rockets, infantry is a bloody threat to vehicles, it's like changing nanoweave to only working on sniper rounds or flak to only grenades, it doesn't make any sense.
  19. Corezer

Not reading the whole thing, just gonna cut u off and fix it...

20. Liewec123

its completely changed the functionality.

whenever something gets significantly changed they usually give back the certs, such as they did with ZoE.

in the case of thermals it costs 200 for every single weapon you buy it for, and many of us had it on pretty much everything that we want to kill infantry with, i've spent 9200 certs on thermals on my main char alone, across all characters i've probably put close to 20,000 into thermals.

this change pretty much makes thermals useless so its just thousands upon thousands of certs gone.

i don't think its the nerf that people are disappointed with, thermals probably needed nerfing,
    but we were all hoping to get our certs back so we can spend them on something useful ;)
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.