changes to gameplay

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by brutes359, Jan 6, 2017.

1. brutes359

default weapons among the vanu soverentys arsenal had considerably more hip fire accuracy to NC or tr weapons. with hip fire being the accuracy of the weapon firing without aiming down sights. in the case of the NC the gauss saw is both severely hindered for its hip fire but has generally better accuracy at long range then the Orion. but the Orion has better hip fire accuracy which provides a synergy with the vanes built in smaller size and faster movement speed.
  2. brutes359

as for the tips for performace with different loadouts. i am not having issues with my affectiveness in combat. but the majority of nc players are. that is the reason for this post and analasys of the games designs. yes the nc are in an interesting place but that is not necessarily a good thing. they are on a losing streak that is significantly higher than the other two factions. easily attributed to its less forgiving weapons. this coupled with their status as the games preferred faction media wise has enshured that they have the largest population of low level or new players. most that go to the nc remain only for a short time before moving onto the tr or vs once they realize how difficult it is to operate the ncs weaponry. and this is wherin the flaw lies. so how do we fix this flaw?
  3. ComputerFox

Are you saying just because its an energy weapon it automatically has less pellet spread? I hate to break this to you...but I dont think you are aware of the stats of each weapon. Go into vr as each character, look at the guns..or simply go to resource-sites such as the wiki: http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Shotguns as one example. I would at best assume you are mixing up a deimos with slugs or a phobos with the deimos itself as they simply are just copies barring vanus one "Lower muzzle velocity/no bullet drop" trait.

I would heavily recommend perusing this, http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons as it will let you look at each weapons stats and get a better grasp on what each weapon actually has, as I said..vanu weaponry do not have better hipfire stats and instead have better ADS stats while moving. If you want to go into a closer quarters oriented fight, I recommend looking into buying a CQC focused weapon as that will help you in those situations, NC can access high firerate weapons even if their main focus is "Long range combat"
  4. brutes359

actually they do have better hip fire stats. at least in comparison to the NC. to the tr it is similar but the vs have the benefit of slightly higher damage output. that aside. what would you suggest be changed then? because watching one of three factions almost completely drop out of a games significance can not be excused. and another question comes to mind off of that. perhaps this is only on ps4 but has anyone noticed a lack of interest by the tr in fighting the vs? i see platoons of well over a hundred soldiers attacking nc bases with less then ten people while vs zergs move up nearly unopposed. is this because they don't like fighting the vs? is this simply because of mob mentality? its hard to say. but looking at the map now. I'm seeing more and more focus being taken away from the vanu. whatever the case may be I've made my point. and am happy with it. i feel the nc is in a state of disadvantage and that it needs to be given changes to better their effectiveness in close quarters to affectively counter the new tactics and weapons of the other two factions. take that how you will. that is my opinion and i stick by it.
  5. Squishofdoom

Let me make this a little clearer to you since you obviously dont know what you're saying.
    Taken directly from the wiki.

[IMG]

EVERY shotgun besides the jackhammer, magscatter, and auraxium shotguns are completely identical stat-wise to their variants in the other factions. The only difference between them is that Vanu weapons do not have any bullet drop, and the Deimos' muzzle velocity is 25 m/s slower.
  6. Eternaloptimist

I only play infantry and I only scanned OP post briefly (it was pretty hard work tbh), But essentially my response is:

Shotguns may have changes - on PTS now - that make them more effective at longer range (smaller pellet spread and better with ADS) but less so at really close range (where everyone is used to wielding them). The Jackhammer with its burst fire is a killing machine but may get nerfed, or so I hear, due to the changes being trialled on PTS.

Maxes of all factions have become much more vulnerable with recent changes (tanks mines, loss of Charge). The Gorgon finally gave NC Maxes a ranged AI weapon but they are basically still the kings of CQC compered to other faction Maxes IMO.

IDK about NC being the shotgun faction. Apart from regular shottys (which are clones in all factions) only the Jackhammer and the ES pistol are NC specific aren't they? I'd have said they were the slow firing, high dmg, optimised for medium range
    faction myself. Weapon profile can punish misses more than other factions but used the right way their infantry weapons can be beasts.
  7. Horrida Messor

Are you high? Drunk? Both?
    ALL SHOTGUNS within their respective categories (Quick Reload, Auto, High Capacity, PA, HPA) REGADLESS OF FACTION are the SAME. In ohter words - Deimos has EXACT SAME Pellet count, CoF, Damage per pellet, spread as TR and NC equivalents - please educate yourself before making more dumb posts.

@Every sane person in this thread - OP thinks that Vanu Infantry has higher movement and smaller hitboxes than TR and NC. Take notes.
  8. Ziggurat8

Look man, you're just flat out wrong about shotguns. They have EXACTLY the same stats, no matter what your impressions with them are telling you.

Magrider has the worst main cannon of the 3 factions. I'm not sure how you can debate otherwise except that you've obviously not played long enough to really see for yourself.

NC have the best infantry guns. I suggest you play infantry on TR for 50 or so hours to understand how recoil and cof work, then come back to NC and wreck face. NC MAXs are incredible but like all NC have a steeper learning curve so aren't great until you've gotten better at the game.

As for the rest of it? It's my oppinion that TR have the best MBT and the best Harasser. Best, but not by such a margin that it makes enough of a difference as to be game breaking.

The rest seems to depend on your server. Most people say VS dominate air. On Genudine (PS4) TR generally rule the skies and travel in large packs. On Genudine ground goes back and forth depending on the fight and every faction does very well some of the time. (Depends on outfit night I think). NC seem to foot zerg more than other factions so they get trounced by vehicles. It's not because their vehicles are worse, they just don't pull as many most of the time. Force multipliers are exactly that.

P.S. I skimmed most of your posts for context. I can't/won't bother reading unbroken walls of text.

USE THE ENTER KEY TO MAKE NEW PARAGRAPHS.

USE THE ENTER KEY!
  9. Squishofdoom

This man knows what's up.